mission of the Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] is to promote unity in
the greater Atlanta, Georgia real Vampire Community while being available to the newly
awakened to encourage self-awareness and responsibility. We honor the
traditions of history, respect and discretion regarding Community
affairs while advocating the safety and well being of our members. Emphasizing
research and support of social gatherings we highlight the importance
of education and strength of involvement as a cohesive force in our
area. By taking an active role we will serve not only ourselves, but also our Community, and our City.
accept members from both sanguinarian and psychic backgrounds from the local Community. The [AVA] welcomes everyone to use our forums to contribute to the collective
knowledge of our Community. We do not criticize other Houses, Orders,
or paths but remain neutral and available to all who wish to belong.
Additionally we offer an open hand to those who in the past have chosen
to remain solitary in the Vampire Community. It is left to our members to
discern which path is appropriate for them while we work in concert to
support their journey of spiritual and intellectual growth.
The Atlanta Vampire Alliance promotes itself as a neutral Vampire Community organization. We are not directly affiliated with any other House, Order, or Council. The majority of our members share a similar background of solitary participation, and therefore, when drafting our fundamental articles, we made a personal decision to avoid using a hierarchal or social-promotion system. While we respect others who choose to institute such a caste system, we remain steadfast in our chosen structure, allowing us to freely encourage camaraderie and proactive involvement within the Vampire Community. Despite the lack of common ritualistic protocols, our policies regarding those we do accept and the maturity of our applicants are taken very seriously. Our members enjoy equal status and voice regardless of the path, religion, or philosophy they hold. Further complimenting this system, the five founding members of the [AVA] conduct business as a cooperative body, sharing a vision of responsibility, tolerance, and awareness among both the greater and local Vampire Community. In addition to our participation in a varied spectrum of social activities, our energies are also directed towards the support of the local Vampire populace, and those who come to us seeking guidance. The majority of our work is conducted offline with frequent monthly meetings. Aside from the strong offline presence, we host an expansive open forum to all who wish to join regardless of location or affiliation. The topics of discussion in this forum range from psychic/sanguinarian Vampirism to occult magick to metaphysics to local issues.
The primary focus of the [AVA] is to expand the educational boundaries of our own Community while improving the quality of the study of the Vampiric condition among the non-Vampiric population. Members of our House have been working on various educational and professional papers over the course of several years. Our base membership and associates encompass decades of involvement from all paths of the Vampire Community. It is from this collective of unique individuals that we draw our strength in the fields of occult, paranormal, parapsychological, phenomenological, psionics, and general underground community research. Suscitatio Enterprises, LLC with support from the [AVA], released the Vampire & Energy Work Research Survey (VEWRS) in March 2006, the Advanced Vampirism & Energy Work Research Survey (AVEWRS) in August 2006, and is currently involved in other related studies of interest to both the Community and institutional researchers. Composed of over three hundred and fifty and six hundred questions respectively and covering a vast range of Vampiric personal and Community experiences, this study is unique in its scope and purpose.
All who share a sincere interest in our research, forums, and Community hosted events are encouraged to participate. We extend an open hand to those of all Houses, Orders, or paths who visit our city; as we share a common vision of productive growth and organization within the Community. For more information, please e-mail us or visit the Vampirism & Energy Work Research Study at http://www.suscitatio.com
Welcome to the Atlanta Vampire Alliance!
~ Founded 12 August 2005 ~
Continuously Serving The Needs Of The Vampire Community For More Than A Decade!
1. Is the [AVA] an actual "real" or "modern" vampire House or is it a role-playing group? A: The [AVA] is a local Atlanta, GA based real vampire 'House' but not in the mold of traditional Houses that promote social hierarchy and exclusionist practices. We are NOT a role-playing group nor engage in role-playing activties. Likewise, we are not a "lifestyler" group. We are an alliance of like-minded individuals from sanguinarian (sang/blood), psychic (psi), tantric/pranic, energy work (psionics), and spiritual backgrounds who have chosen to invest our time and effort for the progress and education of both the greater and local vampire community.
2. How is the [AVA] different from other such organizations? A. We provide a non-pretentious environment for our members where all are given an equal voice and respectful treatment. [AVA] also encourages those not generally accustomed to the community atmosphere to feel comfortable by promoting serious dialog and the importance of continuing education. We have clearly defined goals, projects, and activities that we both strive for and follow to completion. In addition to working with an assortment of members from our own community, we also consult with members of the media, law enforcement, clergy, and academia along with paranormalists, metaphysists, and those in related fields of interest to clarify the beliefs and viewpoints held by the majority of those who identify themselves as "real vampires".
3. Are non-vampires allowed to join and participate in [AVA] activities? A. Non-vampires, general energy workers or practitioners, therians, and otherkin are permitted to join on a limited and selective basis. Depending on the event (most private functions excluded) non-vampires, energy workers, therians, and otherkin may be allowed to participate.
4. Does the [AVA] hold meetings and organize events in the Atlanta, GA area?
A. Yes, we hold meetings as well as quarterly "Socials" and selectively attend and/or organize events in a variety of different formats. The [AVA] strives to encourage participation in a variety of dignified social and cultural events not exclusively limited to conferences, concerts, clubs, or parties. Atlanta enjoys an active community base and we hope to see this continue to grow into the future.
5. Is the [AVA] a religious, spiritual, or occult organization? A. No, we are not a religious, spiritual, or occult entity nor do we personally regard real vampirism as a religion, any form of specialized institution, or as a faith-based collective. Our members represent a variety of diverse spiritual beliefs or paths and we encourage individuality, tolerance, and diversity amongst ourselves.
6. Do you follow a particular teaching or vampirism code of ethics?
A. We follow our own code of vampiric ethics and do not directly affiliate ourselves with other Houses nor their particular form of teaching or belief system. We believe that each must find their own path and therefore present a diverse range of teachings and articles relating to vampirism and energy work.
7. Why use the spelling of Vampire rather than Vampyre?
A. Some of our members prefer the spelling inclusive of the "y", however, in the interest of historical accuracy and to distinguish ourselves as true living or modern vampirism we choose to use the "i". We recognize those who identify as sanguinarian (sang), psychic (psi), or living vampires by whatever spelling they choose as long as they interpret their personal vampirism as an energetic or biological exchange of some kind.
8. If I join the [AVA] will I be connected with a donor or vice versa? A. Although we may at any given time have donors who are part of the [AVA], we do not participate in an active donor / vampire matching service nor a universal donor of the House arrangement. Such issues should be discussed in private between two interested adult parties and the necessary tests and forms completed where applicable.
9. Who is allowed to join and post to the forums section? A. Mature individuals of all backgrounds willing to contribute to the forum are allowed to register provided they follow the posted guidelines and procedures. Please note that being a member of the forum does NOT constitute being a House member of the [AVA].
10. What is a "real" or "modern" vampire?
A. A vampire is essentially an energy feeder or blood drinker that may display various levels of psychic ability. While the causality, interpretation, and sometimes even the “proper” spelling of vampirism are debated, vampires are generally individuals who cannot adequately sustain their own physical, mental, or spiritual well-being without the taking of blood or vital life force energy from other sources; often human. Without feeding the vampire will become lethargic, sickly, depressed, and often go through physical suffering or discomfort. Vampires often display signs of empathy, sense emotions, perceive auras, and are generally psychically aware of the world around them. To a degree, the specifics of vampirism manifest differently on an individual basis and these nuances sometimes insulate the confusion in defining the vampiric range of ability and experience. The alternate spelling of “Vampyre” is sometimes used depending on the path from which one approaches vampirism. There are numerous vampiric Paths, Houses, Orders, Associations, and Groups within the vampire community that exist both online and offline; often each having their own unique philosophies, teachings, ethical tenets, and protocols.
The Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] hosts this site and the information contained herein and on our forums without warranty, expressed or implied, and is not liable for its accuracy, maintenance, nor for any personal loss incurred from the use of its content. Suscitatio Enterprises, LLC maintains exclusive rights and copyright on all research studies and associated projects including the Vampirism & Energy Work Research Study; along with all individual data collected, surveys (including questions and format - VEWRS & AVEWRS), analysis, and both digital and print publications. The statements or opinions offered on either the primary site or forums are not necessarily those of the members of the [AVA]. The information presented on this site is for general educational purposes only. None of this information should be considered a substitute for medical diagnosis or treatment. It is up to the individual to determine for themselves in which manner the content of this site should be used. The [AVA] utilizes both online and offline security measures for the protection of our members and adheres to all U.S. State and Federal laws. We reserve the right to monitor all activities of our guests and users as well as log all IP addresses and connections to this website. We will investigate all suspicious activity including but not limited to criminal acts perpetuated upon this site and/or users thereof and for violations of our user policy.
All inquiry may be directed to the e-mail address of firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail addressed as follows:
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] 6300 Powers Ferry Road Suite 600 - 183 Atlanta, GA 30339 USA
Copyright 2005 - 2016; Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA].All Rights Reserved. No portion of this website may be reproduced, transmitted, or modified without expressed written permission from the Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA].