AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:32:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  General Vampirism Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Have You Ever Been The Subject Of Discrimination As A Vampire? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Print
Author Topic: Have You Ever Been The Subject Of Discrimination As A Vampire?  (Read 94141 times)
SilverRose
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #120 on: April 16, 2010, 09:39:28 AM »

Even without the help of the twilight the misconceptions are still great. Of course for me like alot of people who have came out since twilight... well it just makes everything worse especially when people start asking you questions like how come you can be out in the sun or why dont you sparkle. So i would have to say that it's easier to come out as far as persecution goes, but if you just hate stupid people then i wouldnt sugest coming out except maybe to your closet friends who you know would understand.   

Everyone has their own perception of perfection.

Ridentem dicere verum quid vetat.

Meja yht mad meja.
Myrbree
Level 2 Contributor

Ná bíodh eagla an dorchadas.

« Reply #121 on: May 16, 2010, 02:28:42 AM »

I tried to give hints to my mom about my vampirism but her reaction to some things were just as so, that it became quickly obvious she would not understand to begin with. I wont go into what was actually discussed but it was just obvious it would go right over her head if I did come out of the coffin. It was even worse when my dad was alive. Then I was persecuted and he burned my stuff in full view of the public because he thought I was doing "black magick".  Undecided  So I am pretty much a hermit with no friends (offline). Am I happy living this way? Hell no. Its just to me a friend is someone who understands you. No one like that in my area. Online sites are great, imagine being a vampire before computers or the internet even existed. Those vamps probably DID go insane.  :Smiley

-Myr

What secret agenda with spirit do I have that invites the justification and rightness of my limitations?

Who am I today and what grand and glorious adventures will I have?
Glenn
Level 3 Contributor

The wind blows on the Cycle of the Sun

« Reply #122 on: July 05, 2010, 11:54:49 PM »

I've tried and I get "huh?? what are you talking about? don"t understand what you are saying" So I have given it a rest. All my friends online and in person know me as being eccentric and some try to tell me I am gifted (I make no such claim for myself). So that is how it is with me so far (in life things change).
Glenn
Oblivionburns
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #123 on: July 11, 2010, 03:29:07 PM »

I have told one long-time friend & was responded to with derision.  He has his own perception of what a vampire should be, & since I'm not a walking corpse, I don't fit the bill.  He DID react to my aggressive draining of his energy, which I didn't tell him I was doing.  He necame confused & started to sound like he was going senile.  Then he fell asleep on the couch in our living room.  He hasn't mentioned it since.

I haven't had any discrimination about what I am, really, because I don't always play the popularly perceived part.  I'm sneaky that way.  Enough of words... actions speak louder than!

Shadow hide you, moon watch over you, night cloak you, peace keep you.
LilyBlackwood
Level 1 Contributor

« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2010, 03:55:27 PM »

I tell people that are really interested in it. Those that look at me and say: "There is something more about you, what is it?" But I am pretty out of the coffin... because I want to set a good example and want to teach people that have the potential of understanding it all. Of course, I have been ridiculed and been called names... calling me "deranged" as many do... won't actually affect me, as I have a mental problem: bipolar depression for which I refused using drugs.
I can't really draw the line between what is and what isn't discrimination. My parents only know I study vampirism... nothing more.

"I suggest we raise a bit of Hell..."
ariesffa1500
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #125 on: July 13, 2010, 04:47:21 PM »

People are stupid and fear what they do not understand. Why should things change now? Humans as a general rule understand less than they would like to admit to. And we will all suffer some sort of discrimination at one point in our lives or another. Now I am however starting to think that I am being discriminated against for being "vampire", but only time will tell on that one.

From whence we have come do we once again return. Life and Death are integral parts of the same whole, without one the other does not exist.
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Such is true, thus knowledge is power so knowledge corrupts and absolute knowledge corrupts absolutely.
Darklilone
Level 5 Contributor

Amelia Nightside

« Reply #126 on: October 29, 2010, 08:53:42 PM »

i have because all my friends are where wolfs Sad

I apologize for the necro-post.

The New One, i think you should probably review the rules of the site. I do believe that changing the color of text or the background is against forum rules.
"Where wolfs" also dont' exist.
If you're talking "Werewolves", that all depends on your definition of it. The kind you see in movies, does not exist.
As far as you being discriminated against because they are werewolves and you're a vampire (if i understand right), That's a personal thing.
Any issues between you and your "friends" is probably more likely a personal thing than related to your spiritual/metaphysical/astral self (or whatever).
I'm saying the fact that you claim to be a "vampire" and you claim your friends are "werewolves" does not attribute to why they would discriminate against you.
Underworld and Twilight may be good movies (to some), but they're just that, movies.
Oblivionburns
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #127 on: December 12, 2010, 04:38:54 AM »

I really think these movies do little justice to the actual condition of energy depletion that's more prevalent among US.  I'd like to relate a quick story.

I was transferring from one city bus to another, waiting for the second bus to come, when some guy (short, maybe 120 pounds, about my size) started trying to push a half-eaten sandwich on me.  I refused politely several times, then began to lose my patience altogether, as he wouldn't leave me alone.  I felt a strange electric-shock-type sensation in my face & told him in a voice that brooked no disagreement to "SIT DOWN! NOW."  He slumped back against the bus stop shelter & slid down to the sidewalk, mouth slack & eyes glazed.  I leaned down a bit, passed my hand in front of his face a few times & since I got no response my predatory nature got the best of me.  I hissed at him, "Never speak to me again."  He was still sitting there when the bus came about 10 minutes later.  I don't know how this was possible, but I think it was because I truly felt threatened.  It was nearly 11:00pm & there were only a few people around, no one was within earshot.  If I was responsible for his reaction I would love to know how I did it.

Shadow hide you, moon watch over you, night cloak you, peace keep you.
Fledgling
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #128 on: January 08, 2011, 06:08:20 PM »

I have to live in the shadows. Vampyrism is NOT accepted where i come from. My family are unaware and only my donors and 2 other people are aware of what i am. Heck, im 29 and my own family does not accept my bisexualism so what chance do i have of them accepting me as sang!!
Lillith Darkwraith
Level 2 Contributor

Gone

« Reply #129 on: January 08, 2011, 07:09:18 PM »

Sad but true this is just the way the world works. Discrimination isn't just a vampire thing you could be like me with genetic disorders, or other illness. Sex has always been an issue in the world of the patriarchs. There's all kinds of discrimination too numerous to put on this thread and I bet there'd be more.  It seems that the strongest and most fittest wins the race unless there's a Lawyer around. People will judge you whether you like it or not; whether your Vampire or not, it just seems to be that way.

Even the smallest star shines in the darkness.
Fledgling
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #130 on: January 09, 2011, 07:34:17 AM »

This is the latest to get around Facebook - I was not impressed
Had captions like "does anyone know of any vampires we can try this on??"

Lillith Darkwraith
Level 2 Contributor

Gone

« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2011, 10:04:44 AM »

This is the latest to get around Facebook - I was not impressed
Had captions like "does anyone know of any vampires we can try this on??"

You should tell them to try it on themselves to see if they work properly because they don't want to go out with faulty equipment, lol...

Even the smallest star shines in the darkness.
RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #132 on: January 09, 2011, 11:58:42 AM »

On topic -- My second ex dumped me primarily because I wanted to explore sexuality. Im not stupid enough to expose myself in such a way as to be opened for such discrimination.

Automotive Necromancer
XXXDameaXxXD
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #133 on: August 01, 2012, 03:20:17 AM »

I mean, society tends to attack anything that is generally deemed different...whether it be Vampyre, another religion, sexuality, or the occasional loner. I myself have grown up, like most of us I'm sure, a fish out of water in the Bible belt. Discrimination is not uncommon here, or anywhere really. You're always going to encounter the narrow-minded and fearful. It's prone to happen. Society attacks those they do not comprehend. All I can say is live your life and forget all else. Shrug off the insults and slurs. Heck, let it fuel you, motivate you to never become like the narrow-minded. People will in time come to respect your inner strength and strong will as a person to get through such an ordeal.

And thus dearest Luna hath risen red...
XXXDameaXxXD
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #134 on: August 01, 2012, 03:24:38 AM »

I do not hide who I am for no one. I am proud of who I am as an individual, and I strongly encourage this path. In my opinion, to be true to one's self is the most important thing in life. Otherwise, one will never find true happiness, only turmoil.

And thus dearest Luna hath risen red...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: