AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 11:03:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Therianthropy & Otherkin  |  General Otherkin Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Phantom Limbs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Phantom Limbs  (Read 26713 times)
Darklilone
Level 5 Contributor

Amelia Nightside

« on: October 05, 2010, 09:13:13 PM »

When you shift, and feel phantom limbs.
Do you always feel them where htey're supposed to be?

like.. do you feel them in proportion or relation to your human body?

if you have one, your tail being toward the end of your tailbone (or wherever it would be if humans had tails), or do you feel it elsewhere?

have they ever moved?
like, If you normally feel your tail nearer the end of your tailbone, have you ever had the odd feeling of your phantom tail being on your lower back instead?
or instead of you ears or horns being directly at the top of your head, have you ever felt them appear closer to the back of your head, the front or slightly off to the sides?
or wings, instead of by your shoulder blades, on your lower-to-mid back?

Basically, i'm just asking if you'd ever had your phantom limbs feel as though they shifted in an odd place?
The Sentinel
Level 4 Contributor

The Thread Zombie

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 11:46:24 PM »

I don't need to "shift" into anything to have phantom limbs. I often have them. I'll have feline ears, wings, and a tail. I feel them at where they would be on my physical body, were they supposed to be (the end of my tailbone, my shoulderblades, my ears being at the top of my head). They don't feel like they have ever moved from where I've felt them initially though. Perhaps you're just discovering another aspect of yourself, or another aspect is becoming more dominant causing a change in "appearance"?

A little learning is a dangerous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring.
-- Alexander Pope, Unknown , 1688-1744

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
-- Heinlein's Razor
fallen.from.zero
Level 1 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 12:32:01 PM »

Mostly I'll feel ears, a tail and a snout right where they belong, but there are times where I can sense the entire body of the wolf and that is where it gets confusing.  Since the wolf is taller than I am while sitting down, my mind has to work a little harder because it's like seeing from two points of view at the same time.  Other than that though, I never feel any phantom limbs "out of place."
masticina
Level 3 Contributor

Rwar I am a tiger

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 11:31:52 PM »

Oh I can easily get my tail out. It actually feels attached somewhat higher then the tailbone. When it comes to claws and teeth well those things can come into play if either I desire it or.. well allot of stress. I tried but no "dog sight' isn't it it. But well being a mixed one [Ugh vampire/therian and oh have draconic influences..hello is there also a seat for me left?] I kinda have different things from different sides. And my sight is more vampiric in nature then therian.Hearing though seems to be quite decently therian..

Ah makes me question how to retain humanity.. yup that is the key retain humanity we have human bodies. We might be stuck here in them so best is to learn to use them.

Fear nothing but Fear itself
ShadowMatt
Level 2 Contributor

Striga Custos

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 09:41:45 AM »

Ah. I can feel my wings on my back all the time. It takes a great deal of effort to get comfortable, to be honest. lol.

And so In life, we reflect In death.
masticina
Level 3 Contributor

Rwar I am a tiger

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 11:11:25 AM »

Ah. I can feel my wings on my back all the time. It takes a great deal of effort to get comfortable, to be honest. lol.

They make the doors way to small I tell you *chuckle*

Fear nothing but Fear itself
ShadowMatt
Level 2 Contributor

Striga Custos

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 09:51:38 AM »

They make the doors way to small I tell you *chuckle*

This I know xD. Especially school doors, way to small. And the DESKS. I tell you, High School is actively trying to make us winged peoples as uncomfortable as possible.

And so In life, we reflect In death.
Zerochan
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 08:56:56 AM »

I don't need to shift to feel my wings, but I can control when they manifest a little bit. Helps with doors and such. I can also control when/if they move.
Catori
House AVA Member
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 09:25:07 AM »

-shrugs- Succubus/demon soul...just always have had a handle on wings and tail. Just mostly don't manifest them...makes crowded areas and such much more annoying, Especially when you are a kid and have to stand in a single file line and crap like that. Kinda even forgot about them for a while too LOL. 
SilverRose
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 09:33:57 AM »

Exactly, I usually only manifest my tail at home due to the lack of chiars with holes in the back and crowded hallways and what not.

Everyone has their own perception of perfection.

Ridentem dicere verum quid vetat.

Meja yht mad meja.
Zerochan
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 09:59:02 AM »

I only have an issue with chairs when I lean back, or pass through doors. Jeeze, I never knew something non-corporeal could hurt so damn bad if you bend it wrong. xD
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 10:53:22 AM »

Interesting.  I have never really tried to assume a terrestrial template needs to apply, so it is never a issue with precise placement.  After all I am not at all in the right form so nothing seems in the right place.  The form us fluid to a degree, so some traits are more pronounced from time to time.

I envy the discussion in controlled manifestation however.  Going in a full month of constant pain.. chuckle.. I wish I had some sort if voluntary control opposed to the relief by feeding in a new pattern.

Teach me your ways!  LOL

Paindancer
Advocating sensible vampirism since 2006
Zerochan
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 12:33:36 PM »

My form is almost correct, seeing as fae are humanoid in shape.

The way I learned to control the manifestation was through visualization. When I want to put my wings away, I visualize them getting wispy, then shrinking and fading. Then, when I want them back, I visualize their wispy shape flowing out of my back, then materializing fully.
NyteMuse
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2011, 12:39:42 PM »

My form is almost correct, seeing as fae are humanoid in shape.

Some, but not all (fae, I mean) *smiles*

From what I hear from others of non-humanoid shapes, maybe you're lucky for being on the humanoid kinds of fae, as there are somewhat less body dysphoria issues. I've seen dragon or bird Kintypes perch and then notice they don't have the same talons for gripping, or kitsune get annoyed people are walking through their tails because they are not physically visible. Smiley
Catori
House AVA Member
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2011, 06:02:39 PM »

I have always done as Zero has. Visualization technique that..well..I just almost instinctively did.  Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: