AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 10:44:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Vampire Community & Subcultural Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  08.06.08 - History Channel - MonsterQuest "Vampires In America" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 08.06.08 - History Channel - MonsterQuest "Vampires In America"  (Read 10003 times)
Merticus
House AVA Founder
Administrator
Level 5 Contributor

« on: August 05, 2008, 11:07:23 PM »

Reminder:

History Channel - MonsterQuest:  "Vampires in America" Airs on Wednesday, August 6, 2008 @ 9:00 PM

http://www.history.com/minisites/monsterquest

A vampire scare in New England in the 1700s lasted more than a century and turned families and communities upside down. The dead bodies of those suspected of vampirism were exhumed and ancient curse-breaking rituals were performed on them. Watch as the latest technology is used to analyze historic evidence of the New England vampires and discover if there was any basis for the panic. Medical science is also used to examine those who believe themselves to be modern day vampires. Is there a common element between the suspected vampires of America's past and present?

ariesffa1500
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 11:13:51 PM »

Oh this ought to be interesting.

From whence we have come do we once again return. Life and Death are integral parts of the same whole, without one the other does not exist.
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Such is true, thus knowledge is power so knowledge corrupts and absolute knowledge corrupts absolutely.
wicthdragon
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 03:02:41 AM »

I may have  to check it out.

THE God maker.
AyraGrace
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 11:41:37 AM »

Thanks that will be something worth watching on T.V.

I maybe on the side of angels...but don"t think for one second i am one of them.
Nata-Chan
Level 3 Contributor

Love when you can and hate only if you must.

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 01:09:28 PM »

Hmmm I have noticed how they keep calling Vampires monsters. That's a little inhumane isn't it?

I am love, lust, and passion. Love me if you can and hate me if you will. But controll me you will not. ~Nata-Chan~
AyraGrace
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 03:24:22 PM »

If vampires are monsters then the ones who say that should look at the many human monsters aka evil people serial killers, murders ,any crime against children all round bad people they are the true monsters

I maybe on the side of angels...but don"t think for one second i am one of them.
Nata-Chan
Level 3 Contributor

Love when you can and hate only if you must.

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 03:26:31 PM »

Ah well said.... I do agree with you.

I am love, lust, and passion. Love me if you can and hate me if you will. But controll me you will not. ~Nata-Chan~
Merticus
House AVA Founder
Administrator
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 10:39:22 PM »

History Channel - MonsterQuest - "Vampires in America"

Relevant Information Recap:

Minute 28-29:  Rod Ferrell - KY "Vampire" Killer + Diagnosis w/Aspergers Syndrome

Minute 30:  Matthew Hardman - UK "Vampire" Killer

(Konstantinos & Katherine Ramsland sprinkled in here and there throughout)

Minute 31:  Joy Poulos (Dominae Drakonis) - Agrees to hematological testing in NYC

Minute 43:  Porphyria Discussion w/Doctor (Unrelated to Joy, etc.)

Minute 43:  White & Red Blood Cell Counts / Platelets / Other Results = Completely Normal.  Hematologist stated there is no evidence to support anything abnormal about Joy based on her blood tests.

Minute 44:  Psychic Vampires / Michelle Belanger w/Raxx (HK Member) - Basic Background On Michelle & Psychic Vampirism

Minute 45-46:  Dom Villella, a paranormal investigator, attempts to record an energy shift between Michelle & Raxx

Minute 52-54:  Actual Testing Trials

a.)  FLIR (Forward Looking Infrared) Camera - Detects Temperature Variation / Changes

Result:  When pushing energy into Raxx; Michelle's hands went from orange to yellow (hotter).  Unusual, but not a "concrete" finding.

b.)  Multimeter / Voltage Meter - Detects Changes In Electrical Current

Result:  Baseline established for both; when holding hands = 80; 30-90 is average for two individuals

c.)  Electromagnetic Field Detector (Trifield Meter) - Detects Changes In Electromagnetic Fields

Result:  Baseline = "0"; Michelle caused spike to "2".  Don noted that "1" was the highest level he had previously seen.  Stated that there was a definite manipulation in the electromagnetic field when tested on Michelle.

Maloryn
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 09:37:57 AM »

I found it amusing that they used a blood test on the sang and an electo magnetism on the Psi as the sole basis for "normal" or not.

Would have liked to have seen tests similar to the ones done on Michelle B done on the sang, but ah well ... apparently blood tests are all that's required for a diagnosis of "normal" these days ...
Also would have liked to see some Kirlian footage, but guess thermal is close enough.

---Mal

DRAGON
Level 2 Contributor

THIS IS ME A REAL VAMPIRE FROM COLOMBIA

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 05:23:27 PM »

Here in Columbia this show does not exist. Can someone tell me what it was about?

Thanks,

DRAKO

I AM  A COLOMBIAN VAMPIRE AND I AM THE ONLY ONE IN MY CITY
Stellar
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 06:02:44 PM »

History Channel - MonsterQuest - "Vampires in America"

Relevant Information Recap:

Minute 28-29:  Rod Ferrell - KY "Vampire" Killer + Diagnosis w/Aspergers Syndrome

Minute 30:  Matthew Hardman - UK "Vampire" Killer

(Konstantinos & Katherine Ramsland sprinkled in here and there throughout)

Minute 31:  Joy Poulos (Dominae Drakonis) - Agrees to hematological testing in NYC

Minute 43:  Porphyria Discussion w/Doctor (Unrelated to Joy, etc.)

Minute 43:  White & Red Blood Cell Counts / Platelets / Other Results = Completely Normal.  Hematologist stated there is no evidence to support anything abnormal about Joy based on her blood tests.

Minute 44:  Psychic Vampires / Michelle Belanger w/Raxx (HK Member) - Basic Background On Michelle & Psychic Vampirism

Minute 45-46:  Dom Villella, a paranormal investigator, attempts to record an energy shift between Michelle & Raxx

Minute 52-54:  Actual Testing Trials

a.)  FLIR (Forward Looking Infrared) Camera - Detects Temperature Variation / Changes

Result:  When pushing energy into Raxx; Michelle's hands went from orange to yellow (hotter).  Unusual, but not a "concrete" finding.

b.)  Multimeter / Voltage Meter - Detects Changes In Electrical Current

Result:  Baseline established for both; when holding hands = 80; 30-90 is average for two individuals

c.)  Electromagnetic Field Detector (Trifield Meter) - Detects Changes In Electromagnetic Fields

Result:  Baseline = "0"; Michelle caused spike to "2".  Don noted that "1" was the highest level he had previously seen.  Stated that there was a definite manipulation in the electromagnetic field when tested on Michelle.

Permission to copy this with full citation. I'd like to mail it to a friend pls.
Merticus
House AVA Founder
Administrator
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 06:30:26 PM »

Permission granted.

DRAGON
Level 2 Contributor

THIS IS ME A REAL VAMPIRE FROM COLOMBIA

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2008, 10:44:46 AM »

Thank you all for your answers. It's interesting to learn from these programs. Can I ask if someone  taped it? Or where can I  view or download it online?

Thanks again,

DRAKO

I AM  A COLOMBIAN VAMPIRE AND I AM THE ONLY ONE IN MY CITY
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: