AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:03:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Energy Work, Psionics, & Paranormal Studies  |  Meditation & Energetic Healing (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  When Should One Attempt To Heal Someone Energetically? A Matter Of Ethics 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: When Should One Attempt To Heal Someone Energetically? A Matter Of Ethics  (Read 33282 times)
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2009, 01:46:08 PM »

Transfered From Suscitatio Forum
Posted By: Tonic
On: February 19, 2008, 11:37:50 PM

Well would you rather see a loved one die or heal them if you could? Even if it was against their will
Selfish... putting your will above a loved ones desires.
That is putting your selfish desire above theirs... That is bad ethics.
Perhaps they wanted to expire as to reincarnate and move on and you selfishly keep them around for your own vain purposes... Torture just like a sex slave, only for different reasons. BAD
Teleapthy

If you've found this site helpful, consider using the donate button to reciprocate the effort.

--SoulSplat
House AVA Founding Member
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2009, 01:50:13 PM »

Posted By: WingedWolfPsion
On: February 20, 2008, 01:41:22 AM

I use universal energies to heal with ,but she had an adverse effect on her, so I had to use Hell's core energies to heal her.

As far as earth's energies hurting you I can not see that unless you are not carbon based.

So, you were taking all externally-derived energies, and not using your own?  I'm not at all surprised then.  Plenty of people react badly to non-human energies.  That's my issue with earth energy.  It's not the same type.  Externals aren't compatible with my system.  If someone is going to heal me, they MUST use either psi or core energy--everything else causes a bad reaction, or is just inert (like reiki).
I've had good mage friends I had to thwap upside the head because they didn't believe me, and decided to try using some external energy in healing me, and then they were all surprised when it hurt.

Why would you think earth energy would be good for people?  People don't take in that kind of energy unless they LEARN to.  It doesn't happen naturally.  Psy-vamps don't pull in earth energy either--operating on instinct, they take energy from other people and living things.  The TYPES are different.

"Elemental" energies aren't types, but that does not mean there ARE no different types.  If you pull the energy out of the ground or out of a ley line, that's earth energy--it's just not the same stuff.  Out of all the externals, it clashes least with auric energy, but it's still not a stable combination.  People have to train themselves to handle that stuff.  Auric energy just doesn't play well with other types.  Some peoples' systems can't handle that clashing.  (Most born-psis have some degree of trouble with it--the more innate specialization they have for psi-working, the more problems they have with externals).

That's why it's generally a bad idea to advise psy-vamps to try feeding from the ground, or the sky, or the whatever...the energy they get from that is going to clash with their system.  It might fill empty spaces, but it's like eating styrofoam (or worse), you can't use it.  Their system is just going to work to eliminate it.  Then it dulls sensitivity and fine control, if you keep using multiple types.  (Jack of all trades, master of none).  The body adapts, but by adapting to handle many things, it loses the fine specialization that enables a person to become REALLY good with any single one of them.

Most people don't believe me when I point this out.  The challenge is, try going 3 months using your own energy only (or, for psy-vamps, human energy only).  If your perception and control don't improve very noticeably, you can tell me I was wrong.  I've had about one person out of every hundred claim there was no improvement.  Only 2 people in the past decade--and quite a number have tried it.

Yes, I am a carbon-based lifeform.  I'm also an omnivorous mammal, which means I can eat meat and vegetables.  I do not eat rocks and dirt.  Just because it comes from the earth doesn't mean you should be putting it inside you.

You need to be AWARE of how the system of a person you're going to heal works.  You need to consider what their system is designed and adapted for.  You can't just shove in some energy you grabbed from somewhere, and hope that it will work to heal them because you programmed it for healing.  It may be inherently bad for them.  What you wound up using might not have even been good for her--maybe it was just less bad than the first try.  Changing the pattern can help an incompatible energy type be accepted, but it's still going to have some negative effect eventually.

It's been my experience that a lot of energy workers who use externals don't even know where the energy they use REALLY comes from.
They aim for weird places, and wind up pulling energy from things a lot closer, because they chose something absurd.  (Like energy from various other planets--honestly, reaching another planet with psi is a feat few psis can actually manage, physics DO apply, even to psionics).

The stuff that seems best suited to healing?  Core energy--life energy.  The stuff that is so intimately tied to a person's physical condition and health.  That is the stuff the majority of instinctive healers use.  (The rest use auric).

To date, I've never run into anyone who uses ANYTHING else instinctively.  Plenty of people who have learned to, or who started experimenting with it out of curiousity, and had a talent for it--but no one who just uses it naturally.  And there are uses for externals...just not inside someone's body and systems.  There's a reason why instinctive energy workers only use energies derived from living things.  Considering the abundance of externally-derived energies, if there were any advantage to them, then people would have evolved instincts to use them, and not just internal types.
You just don't find that.

If you've found this site helpful, consider using the donate button to reciprocate the effort.

--SoulSplat
House AVA Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Sfinelli3
Level 5 Contributor

There was a boy. A very strange, enchanted boy.

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2009, 09:12:03 AM »

Posted By: Merticus
On: February 03, 2008, 02:53:11 PM

At what point should someone engage in energetic healing with another individual?  Before or after medical treatment? 

Should healing attempts be made without one's consent? 

Could energetic techniques potentially cause harm to the individual? 

What are you standards and practices do you adhere to when someone comes to you seeking your help?

I only heal headaches and small muscle pains energetically.  For other things I tell them to go to where I work (at a health foods store) and tell them what natural vitamins they should get or other things.  So it depends on what I'm healing.

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.
darkwitch
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2011, 03:02:30 PM »

I have long since stopped feeling passionate about most topics.  But...in the matter of energy work.  I do adhere to the ethical training I have had.  One absolutely never offers universal energy without permission and without first requiring the individual to take responsibility for their situation.  To do so negates the act.  I would like to point out I did not say healing.  One acts as a conduit for the universal energy.  The outcome is..the greater good of all.  Therefore I am not a healer.  Not to say healing isnt a possible outcome.  I am prone to wishful thinking but I admit my thoughts r not affecting the outcome in the slightest.  I believe in prayer but in the same sense u r asking for assistance.  What u receive is what is for the best and not always what u ask for.  When giving of your chi, it is an attempt at healing and is often successful to a degree.  It amazes me how many never ask for themselves to be healed and rely on others for the act of healing.  One person posted they rely on their intuition to decide to share or direct energy.  I would never trust my intuition to that degree.  My emotional aspect of my personality would lead me to be bias.  So I have to rely on the training/ethics to keep me on the straight and narrow path of energy work. I have to admit one fault.  I have never required anyone to take responsibility for their illness.  I suppose I will pay in Karma someday.  But if I cant take responsibiltiy for my own life issues how can I demand it of others.  By not taking responsibility one is prone to repeating the acts which caused the illness.  I do point that out and I hope that is helpful.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: