AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2022, 08:10:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Energy Work, Psionics, & Paranormal Studies  |  Meditation & Energetic Healing (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  When Should One Attempt To Heal Someone Energetically? A Matter Of Ethics 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: When Should One Attempt To Heal Someone Energetically? A Matter Of Ethics  (Read 31034 times)
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« on: February 07, 2009, 12:22:58 PM »

Transfered From Suscitatio Forum
Posted By: Merticus
On: February 03, 2008, 02:53:11 PM

At what point should someone engage in energetic healing with another individual?  Before or after medical treatment? 

Should healing attempts be made without one's consent? 

Could energetic techniques potentially cause harm to the individual? 

What are you standards and practices do you adhere to when someone comes to you seeking your help?

If you've found this site helpful, consider using the donate button to reciprocate the effort.

--SoulSplat
House AVA Founding Member
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 12:23:54 PM »

Posted By: Inedible
On: February 03, 2008, 03:31:28 PM

Energy healing tends to be far more effective when everyone involved is an active and willing participant. It is possible to influence people who would not otherwise accept healing, but it is not easy. Often one problem will tend to replace another even if the healing is successful. I suggest that if you want to heal someone who is not willing that you can pray for the person's highest good and let go of specific expectations as to what form that should take.

If you've found this site helpful, consider using the donate button to reciprocate the effort.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 12:24:39 PM »

Posted By: WhiteWolf
On: February 03, 2008, 08:41:41 PM

Energy healing tends to be far more effective when everyone involved is an active and willing participant. It is possible to influence people who would not otherwise accept healing, but it is not easy. Often one problem will tend to replace another even if the healing is successful. I suggest that if you want to heal someone who is not willing that you can pray for the person's highest good and let go of specific expectations as to what form that should take.

Agreed. If someone is willing, it makes it far easier to heal. He or she is willing to accept the energy you are sending instead of shielding, or not helping at all..

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 12:25:31 PM »

Posted By: WingedWolfPsion
On: February 03, 2008, 08:42:43 PM

At what point should someone engage in energetic healing with another individual?  Before or after medical treatment? 

Yes.  Before, after, during....if you're going to help them, then help them.  What you're doing shouldn't be relevent to how or when they get medical treatment, though.

That would be unethical.

Absolutely.

What are you standards and practices do you adhere to when someone comes to you seeking your help?

I'm more of a rough mechanic than a healer.  But the question still applies.  I tell them what I perceive, and I get a couple of second opinions to make sure I saw it correctly.  I tell them what I think I can do about it, and what the risks appear to be.  They decide if they want me to go ahead.  If so, then I go ahead.
If I don't have time, don't feel well, or don't particularly like them, I may tell them what's wrong, and then send them off to find someone else to deal with it.  I'm not that much of an altruist. lol

As for any ideas about fate--I hate fate.  I don't believe in predestiny, nor in folks having layed out 'lessons they need to learn' in their life.  If they're in distress and want help with it, and I can help and want to help, then I will.  No matter who or what else it pisses off.  I respect the individual as a conscious entity.  I respect the soul as a part of a person more than capable of directing their actions it if feels it has to, so they aren't going to ask me for something that their soul 'doesn't want'.  I don't believe in asking someone's 'higher self' anything.  Ask them to their face, directly and consciously.  That is the answer that matters to ME.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 12:26:31 PM »

Posted By: Paradox
On: February 04, 2008, 02:00:34 AM

This is where I run into bumps all the time.  I'd like to say that "oh I'll ask them first" but if we are put in a situation were someone may need hour help sometimes instincts just kick in, especially if you have a child and you seek to protect them.  All logic fades and sheer love and devotion drives you even at the cost of your own life.  If my mother was in the hospital unable to do anything I know for a fact that she wouldn't want me to use anything they she would deem "un-godly" to save here but I couldn't just sit there knowing that I could do something even if she would be mad at me, I'd rather her be mad and alive.  Yes, it is very selfish but I'm nowhere near perfect and that is a personality flaw.  A friend of mine at work recently called me "Captain save a ho" I guess its a play on my willingness to help even when someone may not want the help but desperately needs it.  I am by no means forceful though if my offer of help is declined then I back off no questions asked.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 12:27:35 PM »

Posted By: Maulbeere
On: February 14, 2008, 01:30:58 PM

I'll offer to help, but if it's an emergency or there's no contact or time, I rely on my intuition to tell me if my help is in line with the will of the universe. It may not occur to me to help, in which case if I think of the idea later I can either send energy remotely, or realize my help is not wanted/needed. And if I feel called to help at the time I can be sure it's because it's appropriate and required. If I'm not sure, I can ask my guides or the universe and get a clear feeling for the right path.

I can think of occasions when I or friends haven't been able to ask outright. Once my friend and teacher, who is a professional acupuncturist and medical qigong practitioner saw someone having what looked like a heart attack at a bank, but he couldn't speak and the people around him waved them away. They stood back and effectively held the space and offered qi until the ambulance arrived.

They did not try to diagnose or influence outcomes at that distance; they just contributed healing qi so it could be available for that person's highest good whatever that was (which, after all, could be their death). Qi has it's own intelligence and can go where it's needed with very little guidance. You can sense in such a situation where the qi is going, and if it's not wanted or needed in the place you expected, often it's channeled elsewhere, e.g. you find it's working to give strength to the panicking person next to the one you thought needed the healing.

The same friend was asked to help someone's in a coma, since the insurance had run out quickly and the family felt sure it was too soon to turn off life support. In this case they meditated next to them to get guidance on whether their help was wanted. The answer was strongly affirmative and after three days of qigong they did wake up.

Then there's the times I've been in a car or on a train and seen ambulances on the road, or seen an injured wild animal disappearing into the woods. Of course there's the stuff you see on TV. I've worked at a wildlife refuge and routinely gave energy to the animals there. In all cases I follow my intuition, and more often than not I get a green light and I don't help for selfish reasons.

In non-emergency situations I just offer people qi healing sessions. Some people have accepted and it's been great, and some have been nervous about it and I leave them alone. I figure they know what's appropriate for them and I trust their intuition.

I guess at the end of the day, you cannot heal anyone anyway. If they really don't want that energy, it will not help them, and as long as your intentions are consistently focussed on their highest good, you cannot hurt them. All energy working does is assist in lending stability and balance to their system such that they are able to manifest their own healing. On occasion, people can even ask for healing, but have underlying spiritual and subconscious issues that disable your attempts or bring back the imbalances that cause the physical symptoms in the first place. A person has to be ready heal and take care of themselves, with or without your help.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 12:28:33 PM »

Posted By: CerebralAssassin
On: February 17, 2008, 11:19:14 PM

Most of the time we ask to be allowed to help someone, because of shields and various protections people have around them, but when it comes to an emergency situation we respond to what needs done and do it with or without their consent.

Like a friend of ours that nicked a vein and was bleeding badly we slowed the bleeding and cauterized it until they could get proper medical attention and have micro-surgery done to help them.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 12:29:12 PM »

On: February 18, 2008, 01:42:46 AM

I'm not sure where the idea came from that you can't do anything to a person with energy that they don't allow...but the pile of anecdotal evidence is firmly against it.  You could certainly heal someone against their will, just as you could harm them.  Not by just sending energy and hoping it works, of course, but by using abilities in a more directed and deliberate fashion, and addressing the specific problem.  I don't have the ability myself, but I've seen it at work--used both to heal and to harm, by the same persons. 

The only thing that prevents you from doing something to another person is your lack of skill, or their skill at resisting you.  If they have no or scant inherent ability and no training, they don't stand a chance if you have any clue what you're doing.

So, why make special rules for it?  If someone feel down and gashed their leg open, would you offer them help?  Would you force help on them if they refused it?  What would make you change your mind on your answers?  Psychic healing should be considered in the same way.
Would you consult with fate and question whether it was meant to be, before you applied a tourniquette?

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 12:30:05 PM »

On: February 18, 2008, 10:24:12 AM

It has nothing to do with our skill in healing it just has to do with my own ethics and morals and we usually talk to the person we are healing to see how the energy effects them due to different energy healing techniques. The reason we like talking to the people is due to the fact that we was healing someone with light energies and she was dark and it thru her into convulsions and we did not tell her what we were healing her with light energies, so in effect there are different energies out there whether you see them as this or not. We have actually seen the residual effects of energies that we use and employ to do our healings or battles.

As far as preventing us from healing someone due to shields or magical protections it will not slow us, but it is our own ethics that does. Now in emergency cases we will heal them and fix the problem, even if they resist and have very powerful shields, because all you have to do is walk through them or disarm them.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009, 12:30:42 PM »

Posted By: Tonic
On: February 18, 2008, 02:29:24 PM

Anytime 
Never, I will settle for their spirit guides consent that they will be receptive to healing energies.
I think attempting to heal a person who doesn't want to be healed is a psychic attack.
Yes Invasive busybodies are a psychological pain, and can cause permanant damage.
(I tell someone that I am a psivamp and they say "I'll pray for you"
to which I question the utility of murder to prevent them from stuffing their "god" down my throat.)
Prayer can be healing and unless asked just right, will require permission before used.
Anyone can pray for me to be the be happy, healthy, and whole. But they cannot go on to tell me that happy, healthy, and whole is being a member of their parish, a pew rat lemming. Or on the other side say that I will be whole when I accept the sang (I am a psi).

In short I think the phrase "I will pray for you" should be avoided, because it is too easy to be misunderstood.

Ask what they want, why, and how.
Ask their spirit guide.
Ask their heavenly, or mine if they don't exactly have one.
three votes of yes and I get to work.
If they are in a comma, or are an infant I skip step one.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 12:32:19 PM »

On: February 18, 2008, 03:14:51 PM

It has nothing to do with our skill in healing it just has to do with my own ethics and morals and we usually talk to the person we are healing to see how the energy effects them due to different energy healing techniques. The reason we like talking to the people is due to the fact that we was healing someone with light energies and she was dark and it thru her into convulsions and we did not tell her what we were healing her with light energies, so in effect there are different energies out there whether you see them as this or not. We have actually seen the residual effects of energies that we use and employ to do our healings or battles.

I hate to be harsh, but if you can't see something THAT fundamental in advance, you shouldn't be doing healings on people--you aren't skilled enough yet.  It's like practicing medicine without a license.  There's no licensing board for psi healing, so common sense has to take its place.  If you're making mistakes like that....I certainly wouldn't let you anywhere near me or mine.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2009, 12:34:23 PM »

Posted By: Tonic
On: February 18, 2008, 06:23:41 PM

As far as preventing us from healing someone due to shields or magical protections it will not slow us, but it is our own ethics that does. Now in emergency cases we will heal them and fix the problem, even if they resist and have very powerful shields, because all you have to do is walk through them or disarm them.

And THAT would be the ultimate definition of "NO ETHICS"
wait until a person is wounded and then break down their shields and go against their wishes.

What do you do next... injure them again?

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009, 12:36:25 PM »

On: February 18, 2008, 08:30:19 PM

Well, like I said--it's not ethical.  But some people are just fine with behaving unethically, when they feel the situation calls for it.  It may be more accurate to say that some people have situational ethics.

However, it does not follow that because someone will heal another person against their will, that means they might as well hurt them.  That isn't logical. lol

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2009, 01:41:56 PM »

Posted By: Inedible
On: February 19, 2008, 12:08:50 PM

Ethics aside I'm just having trouble thinking of a situation where healing someone against their will is even practical or otherwise worth the effort.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2009, 01:45:14 PM »

On: February 19, 2008, 11:20:11 PM

I use universal energies to heal with ,but she had an adverse effect on her, so I had to use Hell's core energies to heal her.

As far as earth's energies hurting you I can not see that unless you are not carbon based.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: