Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

An incident that's not mine...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Dreams & Visions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kotori_Distari

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: An incident that's not mine... Reply with quote

It's odd...it happens off and on, but it's still odd to me. I'll have recall about something that isn't about me...like I'm observing someone else's mess. Took a nap today after running around doing various errands -- ended up having a really odd situation unfold in the recall that stuck in mind.

I'm observing some man's story...he's somewhat dark skinned, but it's a slightly lighter shade -- can't quite place the ethnic background for him...may have been somewhat mixed. I see him running down some open sidewalk shopping like area -- I notice the slight overhang of stone/metal/wood that provides a shade from the overcast sun. This individual is running with his wife and 9-year-old son away from a crazed gunman with a loaded handgun. Not sure what set off the conflict -- motive could have been robbery or anything else, but I suspect more than robbery because the gunman didn't seem deterred from following the individual and his family into the public.

The pursuit goes on for awhile...not sure how long, but it feels like several long minutes that I'm watching this man and his family running -- trying to run away to safety. Next thing I know the man turns a corner into like an open parking lot area where few cars are sitting around...as his wife is leaving the shaded area of the shopping like area she's shot in the back by the gunman after making it only 3 strides into the parking lot. The son ducks behind a car as his mother falls to the ground. The gunman then decides to run off as the man is drawing his wife near to him trying to help her hang onto life.

The man is looking over towards one of the few bystanders close to him and asking for help. The other guy closest to him looks like he might have been Hindu but not sure off hand though. The guy doesn't seem to understand clearly, but he saw what happened. It takes several precious moments trying to bridge that gap of communication expressing the need and emergency situation for a doctor before any action is taken. His wife doesn't make it...he's left to raise his son on his own -- I see him and his son paying last respects at a grave site before I get woken up from my nap as it was time for dinner.

I didn't feel I was another bystander...but I'm seeing his story unfold -- it was quite odd for me. Anyone else every have odd recall like this? Not sure what to make of this or why it happens with me off and on these days. It's like not my dream or memory...that's the impression I'm left with...

nightchild

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night i had this strange dream which i didn't really know where it was or whom they were. but it's not the first time such dreams have come sometimes i can recall them but not all the time.some seemed not be in this time frame nor a place i know of here.
SoulSplat
Founding Member

Game Trophies:  23
Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had omniscient dreams before. Ones where I have a god-like perspective into all the events unfolding.

Also, in dream interpretation, to see a stranger in your dream, symbolizes the part of yourself that is repressed and hidden. Since all the characters in your dream were "strangers", perhaps the one that represented you was the one you felt closest to. Or maybe there is a part of you in all the characters.

Lastly, chase dreams reflect anxiety in your waking life. Often the pursuer and the one being chased are both a part of you. Which is further supported by the fact that they were strangers.
nightchild

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreams can be very confussing when the mind itself has to adept everytime to another situation. And sometimes to fast which makes it more difficult for the mind to make anything out of it.
SoulSplat
Founding Member

Game Trophies:  23
Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another helpful thing to do to ensure dream recall is to, before you go to sleep for the night, recite an affirmation. As many times as possible, before you fall asleep, repeat something to the affect of, "Spirits, please help me to remember my dreams in the morning."

I have found this very affective when attempting dream recall.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Dreams & Visions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: