Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

What's the latest status on Spring4th?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Atlanta Community News & Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merticus
Site Admin & Founding Member

Game Trophies:  1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: What's the latest status on Spring4th? Reply with quote

What is the latest news with the "closing" or similar rumors associated with this venue? Anyone know the details?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it's not closing.

That was said by the phobia ppl. But the folks who actually run the center are saying that there's a cyberrave sometime.

I dunno.

The info I got was from a post Guita did in LJ.
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok.. Just tonight I went to the city council meeting to find out the fate of Spring 4th. Myself and a hell of alot of other ppl showed up at this council meeting. I was told it was usually only about 20 ppl there. With all of us, there were over 100 they said. They asked all of us to stand up who were there to support S4, and just about the whole room stood up. It was awesome. So, Spring 4th verdict was: 4 not opposed, 3 no comment, and 2 opposed. Which means that now we can move to the next stage in getting all these legalities straightened out since majority rules. As all of us friendly freaks stood out in the parking lot of the church, which I thought we'd never be all gathered together in a church of all places, we all decided to go see how it looked and eat pizza. It might be another month but I really think Spring 4th is here to stay. It looks like all our promoters are gonna be under one roof so, I am thinking it's a very good thing. Also, many props to the cyberaver crowd which really seemed to have helped save the day.

I'm so glad we were not opposed. That would have made using this venue even harder, and I really think it's a covenient locoation for everyone. They are turning S4 into an alternative convention center from what I heard tonight, and things are definately looking up.
Merticus
Site Admin & Founding Member

Game Trophies:  1

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, definately was nice to see such a strong show of support to allow S4 to live to fight another day. I couldn't stick around after the NPO meeting since I had an interview with Joe; but how did the inside of the new S4 look?
Sandy

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL--

May I ask. . . Very Happy

WTF-- is a spring 4?

Educate me. . . pretty please.
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a venue... Actually they just moved to the new place, which is just next door, and still are doing work on the place. But its gonna be a convention center. Or it already is. And to make it all better, it's an alternative convention center. Lots of cool happening stuff going on there.

Oh and HeXxt is back in June! Yay! I can't wait. I love HeXxt!
Sandy

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I asked my best friend --who lives in ATL, and she just drew blanks. LOL. That's cool that you all support your community.

Have a great weekend.

Last edited by Sandy on Sat May 05, 2007 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
SoulSplat
Founding Member

Game Trophies:  23
Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed S4 management to see if they could clear of some of the confusion behind the venues future. My email is in red and his reponse is below in yellow:

Hey Oz,

I'm aware of your close ties to S4. Promoter, right? There are some discussions going on our board about it and I was wondering if you could maybe shed some light on it. Get it straight from the horse's mouth. . . you know? A few of us were at the Ptree meeting last week and we are glad you guys have made it over that hurdle.

Anyway, here's a link to the thread that has popped up about it. Maybe a post from S4 would nip any rumours in the bud.

Goodluck.

Hi,

I'm the manager at Spring4th. Right now it's just so much easier to
not do events until we can open the new building completely. We're
having to move everything from one building to the other each time we do an event and it's back breaking and monotonous to say the least.

That said we are doing some special events over the next few weeks. A charity music event Saturday to benefit the Humane Society will
encompass both the old and new building for example. The main issue
with events tight now is that by applying for an alcohol permit you
come under extra scrutiny so all the events have to be dry events
during the application period. Due to various road blocks dealing
with city BS we keep hitting delays, for example the water department
was supposed to have our sprinkler system for the new building hooked up in January and we are still waiting.

Right now our expectations put a real "grand opening" sometime in
late June if we didn't hit another roadblock.

I know AVA is a moderated forum and I'm not a member. Feel free to post this.

Thanks,
oz@ozgolith.com

SoulSplat
Founding Member

Game Trophies:  23
Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and here's the start of their website:

http://www.spring4th.com/
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully they will have things straight before too long. I sure am gonna miss the BYOB stuff tho.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Atlanta Community News & Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: