Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

The Black Veil III (Latest StrigoiVii Version)...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> General Vampire Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merticus
Site Admin & Founding Member

Game Trophies:  1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: The Black Veil III (Latest StrigoiVii Version)... Reply with quote

Anyone up for a debate...

Revised, February 23rd, 2007

© Copyright 1997-2007 The Sanguinarium, all rights reserved. The Black Veil is a trademark of SABRETOOTH. Permission granted to reproduce in while without modification.

...there are two types of laws; just and unjust. I would be the first to advocate obeying just laws. One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws...a just law is a code [that] squares with the moral law...rooted in eternal law and natural law.
- from Letter from Birmingham City Jail by Dr. Martin Luther King

This is the ONLY edition of the Veil endorsed by the original author; SABRETOOTH and is the foundation of ethics for the Sanguinarium. Previous editions have high merits; however, they have not fully captured or expressed in words how to avoid potential liabilities in the tangible Dayside realities of the mundane world. These realities must be first addressed in order to ensure the security and prosperity of the Family. Those Strigoi Vii or Black Swans who violate these laws within the Family may, at least, face banishment or permanent excommunication. In reality they are betraying themselves by giving up their own opportunity to achieve Zhepr through their own actions.

We Strigoi Vii are socially responsible individuals, and the consequences of Our actions may have various, often negative, repercussions as We become more visible to the Dayside world. Those who proudly bear the Legacy Ankh close to their hearts, be they Strigoi Vii or Black Swan, make the statement that they are upholding the Black Veil. These acts are innate common sense for the responsible members of Our Family. The Black Veil gives us the freedom and foundation to be powerful by avoiding issues that may get in Our way.

TENET I: SECRETS

Secrets protect and bind Us to the foundation of these Laws. Our Mysteries are Our own and those who wish to explore them should seek them out alone, through personal initiative and action. As a sleight of hand magician would employ the principle of “hidden in plain sight,” so does the Living Vampyre. Honor one’s choice of privacy, for example, in regards to their mundane identity, and never disclose any personal information without explicit permission. This law is also extended between Vampyres. Let the individual make the choice to reveal even the most basic facts of themselves, such as being Strigoi Vii, their level of initiation, the mundane personal information, etc., to others.

Public discussion of Strigoi Vii and the Mysteries with the media, in public forums, or with those not of the Blood or Black Swan is an obvious violation of this law. At all times speak only for yourself and not for the whole of the Family. Leave that to those select members of the Priesthood who are properly trained in public relations. Never share the contents of the Sanguinomicon with those who have not read Our Mysteries. Let Seekers solve the Mysteries on their own.

TENET II: HONOR MUNDANE LAW

Adherence to the laws of Our local governments, even if We disagree with them, is essential to provide Us the freedom to explore Our Nightside nature. If We disagree with mundane laws, We must strive to be individually and socially responsible enough to change them through mundane legal means. Our Laws are Our own!

TENET III: THE METAPHOR OF BLOOD

Strigoi Vii view Blood as a symbol and metaphor of the subtle life-force, better known as prana, chi or ki. We extend this Blood metaphor also to symbolize the ties of the greater Strigoi Vii Family. We are not wanna-bes, seduced by the Glamour of fiction and Hollywood, who consume physical blood. To satisfy Our spiritual hunger We know other more refined and higher forms of feeding, which We find much more efficient, and which sustain Our Mysteries. This creates a clear avoidance of legal liabilities and health risks such as blood-borne diseases including Hepatitis, Syphilis, HIV/AIDS, etc. Strigoi Vii simply cannot tolerate blood drinking as We, Living Vampyres, do not drink physical human blood for the purpose of experiencing Our Mysteries and fueling Zhep’r.

TENET IV: RESPONSIBILITY FOR MINORS

We must honor the need for minors to establish a skeptical, objective, and rational Dayside foundation before exploring and embracing the Nightside. Those who have not reached the age of majority (eighteen in the United States) must not be permitted or encouraged to explore Our Mysteries, participate in ritual, or enter Our Sanctums under any conditions. Thus no minor shall ever be involved in Strigoi Vii, either privately or publicly, until they come of age.

TENET V: CURRENT & QUEST

The Current of Elorath is the “Blood” which is the signature of those of Our Family. The collective duty of all Strigoi Vii is the Quest, which is Our collective duty. We must search out those lost souls with Strigoi Vii potential who are not yet aware of Our Family. However, never force a potential to follow Our way, as Vampyres are not rebels, nor are We mindless followers. Always use one of the proven tools of supporting the Quest as to not degrade Our Mysteries. Give the Seeker the hint and let them feel the Calling and come if and when they are ready. Never support or join an organization that opposes the Family Mysteries. Never enter into debates with mundanes or try and convert them or see Our ways, as it is in conflict with the Glamour and a waste of time and energy. Betraying the Quest is not only betraying the Family, it is betraying yourself.

ENDORSEMENTS:

“The Black Veil, Strigoi Vii edition is the perfect example of what Guidelines should be. It completely covers both the Nightside and Dayside responsibilities that each of us holds as Adults. And I, Dragan Dracul, fully Support and Endorse the Black Veil, Strigoi Vii edition.”
~Dragan Dracul, Atlantis North Halo (South Carolina)

”YES! I endorse this edition of the Strigoi ViiBlack Veil, Finally a version I feel relates to everything which should have been expressed already in previous editions.”
~Lord Kane, Neckros Halo (Eastern Ohio)

“The newest edition of the Black Veil, Strigoi Vii edition is to the Sanguinarium as Natural Law, as codified by Aristotle is to the foundation of societies as a whole. This effort to produce a document, both clear and concise has met with great success. It can be viewed as a strong foundation for all interested in the success and safe growth of the Community at large.”
~Zomas Beckett, Gotham Halo (New York Metro area)

“The Black Veil Strigoi Vii edition is a good example of keeping it short and simple. It addresses all the points it should, is clear, direct and based on common sense. Therefore I Morikell of the Halo of Xion hereby endorse and uphold the Black Veil and enter into its new Pact.”
~Morikell, Xion Halo (Amsterdam, Netherlands)

"I like, it is very direct and easy to inform the readers and interested peoples about our natures and society.. Thus I Lord A, from Noir Haven Theatro dos Vampiros of São Paulo, Brazil fully endorse and join the Pact of the new Black Veil."
~Lord A, (San Paulo, Brazil)

"This is clear and everything is said. I endorse the Black Veil and I'll respect the pact. Thank you for giving me the chance to be what I really am."
~Sweevil, Lutèce Halo (Paris, France)

“I have been Mradu upholding the covenants of the Black Veil in this community for many years, these amendments are much needed and wholeheartedly endorsed by myself, and my Nadja by proxy. Well done, these were long overdue.”
~Azrael Frost, The Draconian Prime, Sunset Halo (South Florida, USA)

“Ascertain integrity, seek great stature of character by holding to your virtues and duties, realizing that the act of striving towards these honorable ideals ennobles the spirit, and elevates the individual. I, Madame X of the Dreaming, strongly recommend adherence to the fundamental ideals expressed within The Black Veil Strigoi Vii Edition; they are the sword and shield of our Community.”
~ Madame X, Atlantis Halo, (Savannah, GA)

"I feel that the new Strigoi Vii edition of the Black Veil is a very positive and large step forward. Mundane law is something which needed to be addressed, and this edition does so. Furthermore this edition is much more intuitive than past versions. I, Sekhethsis of the Kheprian Progressionism movement, fully endorse the Strigoi Vii edition of the Black Veil."
~Sekhethsis, Trillium Halo (Toronto, Canada)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
CeruleanTwilight

Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, consuming blood is not okay in this version? This is interesting! That's a bit of a "fuck you" to those who are sang or hybrid.

The problem is that when you have a relatively small community, (such as the vamp community) and you divide it further by making only half of your group in accordance with some rules, you're weakening your group by ostracizing part of your own allies.

I realize that by making such a public statement about sangs/hybrids, the psi group seems more normal to the mundane population and therefore more acceptable. But is it better for half of your group to be accepted by mundanes (at least in part) and half of your group to be seen as freaks? Is the amount of support that you will get from the general population worth this?

I am doubting it.

I'm not a vamp, but I've seen this debate in other communities.

A case in point is the gay community. You have part of the gay community saying, "We're so normal!!! We're not all 6'6" drag queens with purple hair... really, we're so normal. We're just like you!!! We would never approve of butch lesbians wearing chaps and riding motorcycles in gay pride parades! Those people are freaks!"

Then you have the rest of the gay community that just doesn't give a fuck what the straight crowd thinks. The truth is there ARE drag queens and leather dykes on bikes in the gay community.

Now, the dilemma is deciding who is benefiting from what. Are straights really changing their minds about gays if they behave better and act all boring and straight-like? Are the more colorful people really damaging everything for everyone? It's hard to say. What is more damaging perhaps is the dissent it causes within the group itself.

One strong group is better than two divided groups usually.
Maloryn
House Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: The Black Veil III (Latest StrigoiVii Version)... Reply with quote

Merticus wrote:
Anyone up for a debate...We are not wanna-bes, seduced by the Glamour of fiction and Hollywood, who consume physical blood. To satisfy Our spiritual hunger We know other more refined and higher forms of feeding, which We find much more efficient, and which sustain Our Mysteries.

If Todd ever wonders why he's so hated by the majority of the community, he should read some of his own quotes about a good majority of them.

At least they masked the White Wolf RPer stuff a bit better in this version. Barring the "if you're not like us, you're inferior" bit, it's almost tolerable.

---Mal
Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing is ever perfect--nor can it ever be. This version has its merits and its flaws. I'm not in a position to bitch or gripe due to the fact that I would not have taken the initiative to revise such a document.

However, I do adhere to the black veil, but have self stylized it to work in my own life. Discarding the things that do not apply to me, and intensifying the parts which are absolutely paramount.

But as it stands, I am still uncomfortable with all this.

Learning with each baby step, arms extended and gait wobbling.

Yes, it has improved on some points, and addressed somethings that needed to be readdressed.

The black veil should be common sense. I always wonder about the "ones" the "others" who feel they need to shoot their mouth off, or worse--fabricate for self edification.

Okay--I'm gonna sign off before I start ranting.

Thanks for the information. I always appreciate the effort put forth--it never goes unnoticed.

Words to live by. . ."Love all, trust a few, do harm to none." -- William Shakespeare
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this supposed to mean that rituals that call for blood be it exhange, consumption, or whatever are now excluded? Or is this a front maybe?

I don't think that alienating the sanguine part of the community is going to help any.

It seems there was a time when evolving also meant holding true to who you really are and denying it only made you less than what you were meant to be.

I do not like the "my way or the highway" approach when it comes to those who are newly awakened.
Maloryn
House Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eclecta wrote:
I don't think that alienating the sanguine part of the community is going to help any.

Well, it won't help Todd, at least. It may result in pulling all the sangs a bit closer and further from Todd.

---Mal
prince dax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been watching from the shadows and thinking a great deal about this new ideas and beliefs when it comes to blood drinking
this is my stand on it the day we as a whole condem thoes with in the community for continueing to drink blood we are no better than ppl like hitler and other comunist type leaders

At Dark Avalon we have had many discusions about this new view on blood drinking we see the danger involved with pathogens but we also have enough common sence to see that ppl with in the community have a right to make there own decision i have been aske to mentor thoes willing to learn the elemental feeding tech.
Maygain is curently learning the tech. inorder to help me teach the others

the day we forget the fact that we are all unique and have the right to be proud of our personal preferences is the day a community stops being a community and becomes a police state
prince dax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CeruleanTwilight wrote:
So, consuming blood is not okay in this version? This is interesting! That's a bit of a "fuck you" to those who are sang or hybrid.

The problem is that when you have a relatively small community, (such as the vamp community) and you divide it further by making only half of your group in accordance with some rules, you're weakening your group by ostracizing part of your own allies.

I realize that by making such a public statement about sangs/hybrids, the psi group seems more normal to the mundane population and therefore more acceptable. But is it better for half of your group to be accepted by mundanes (at least in part) and half of your group to be seen as freaks? Is the amount of support that you will get from the general population worth this?

I am doubting it.

I'm not a vamp, but I've seen this debate in other communities.

A case in point is the gay community. You have part of the gay community saying, "We're so normal!!! We're not all 6'6" drag queens with purple hair... really, we're so normal. We're just like you!!! We would never approve of butch lesbians wearing chaps and riding motorcycles in gay pride parades! Those people are freaks!"

Then you have the rest of the gay community that just doesn't give a fuck what the straight crowd thinks. The truth is there ARE drag queens and leather dykes on bikes in the gay community.

Now, the dilemma is deciding who is benefiting from what. Are straights really changing their minds about gays if they behave better and act all boring and straight-like? Are the more colorful people really damaging everything for everyone? It's hard to say. What is more damaging perhaps is the dissent it causes within the group itself.

One strong group is better than two divided groups usually.

I agree with your thoughts on the matter

i run a yahoo group as a sub haven for out community and club i just started a topic dealing with the subject of pathogens and feeding i like your way of thinking and you seam to be neutral in the matter if you would i'd like you to join my yahoo group
some neutral imput would be helpfull here is a link to my group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/prince_dax/
CeruleanTwilight

Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Dax
prince dax

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CeruleanTwilight wrote:
Thanks, Dax

your welcome
nightchild

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some ppl just seemingly are having more fun then i am having..............ooops yes i had.
prince dax

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nightchild wrote:
Some ppl just seemingly are having more fun then i am having..............ooops yes i had.

have some patience my friend something will cum to you soon
nightchild

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For now all that counts are those weekends to go to a goth party and just have a couple of shots of tequila.yuuummmmyyyyy Laughing
prince dax

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nightchild wrote:
For now all that counts are those weekends to go to a goth party and just have a couple of shots of tequila.yuuummmmyyyyy Laughing

sound like fun
nightchild

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some are & some are not but they better have tequila then i don't really care & tequila sunrise.
It works like fuel for a car.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> General Vampire Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: