Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Live Journal - Survey Inquiry

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Vampirism & Energy Work Research Center
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merticus
Site Admin & Founding Member

Game Trophies:  1

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Live Journal - Survey Inquiry Reply with quote

[info]keep_this_scene
2006-05-05 08:50 am UTC (link)
I must say, this seems a quite compelling study. If I were not so busy moving, I would spend the time on it. Perhaps as soon as I'm finished! It sounds very comprehensive - good work.

[info]bleedsincretic
2006-04-21 02:26 pm UTC (link)
that's interesting. I've been awake since I've been around 5... can't remember not being awakened. Gone through a few more since then... but I'm really curious about percentages for the age questions. Just cuz I really can't imagine someone being like 30 and suddenly going hey! Youngins. That must suck.

[info]saint_angelus
2006-04-22 04:32 pm (local) (from 65.171.97.122) (link) DeleteFreezeUnscreen Select
I commend what your doing. Just thought you should know. And little did I know that you had friended me. Never the less, as long as my name is not disclosed I support this.

[info]jevea
2006-04-15 01:50 pm (local) (from 206.148.148.179) (link) DeleteFreezeUnscreen Select
I have sent in my request for a printed copy. Look forward to helping out.

Great idea
[info]haunted_lady
2005-12-31 01:37 pm (local) (from 64.73.98.125) (link) DeleteFreezeUnscreen Select
I was hoping for something like this for awhile to measure
traits in otherkin/psi people.
Perhaps have a emailable link so we, who know people
out of lj, can forward the link for others to fill out
the survey?
Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Merticus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://community.livejournal.com/otherkin/

11:42 am October 24th, 2006

I got this in the mail, in case there are folks here who haven't seen it yet:

Vampire Survey

Apparently the Atlanta Vampire Alliance is conducting a survey of vampires; the survey itself has over 600 questions and so is meant to be pretty comprehensive. They've gotten over 200 surveys back, and they're accepting surveys til the end of the year.

If you finish a survey, mail it to response (at) vampiresurvey.com. Personally, I'm really curious to see what fruit this yields. It's seems like they've really got their stuff together.

( Here's the entire (long) email, with up to date stats and other info )

I think this is pretty damned cool. - Lupa
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Merticus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peristera
2007-03-06 12:27 am (local) (from 68.117.219.189) (link) DeleteFreezeScreenTrack This Select
Loving your dedication to this research! Going into this though I have two concerns in filling out the survey (based on the charts here):

1) You list manic depressive AND bipolar - how are you distinguishing? Clinically speaking they are they same disorder.

2) The "what kind of vampire" question is probably the one that has caused me to put this off as long as I have. We are energy workers & healers - there is a category for that. But we are also sanguinarians but we do not identify as vampires - meaning that we don't think drinking blood automatically labels one a vampire. We also do psychic energy worker - sometimes even invasive - but again not vampiric. So what does that make us - and please don't say in the coffin because I don't think that is the case.

(Reply to this)(Thread)

houseava
2007-03-06 01:25 am (local) (from 24.99.91.237) (link) DeleteFreezeScreenTrack This Select
1.) We debated this when drafting the surveys - depending on the year of diagnosis, country, and publication of DSM-III vs. IV, etc. we chose to include both the "Bipolar" and "Manic Depressive" options on question #037 as some individuals are familiar with one and not the other at their particular time of diagnosis. In the preliminary "pretty chart phase" we're keeping the two separate until the final analysis, as they are now considered the same condition, when we will be evaluating the individuals choices on these conditions (if checked only one or both) + correlate them with question #413 of the AVEWRS.

2.) The reason the study is known as the "Vampirism & Energy Work Research Study" is because it encompasses both groups of individuals. The study is branched in three primary sections; those who identify themselves as practicing vampires, those who identify themselves as practicing energy workers, and those who identify with both. While personally I would consider your specific situation a “both” distinction – it is up to the respondent to convey what “they” see themselves as being. Several individuals who've taken these surveys who "feed" by all practical purposes by what the greater VC considers "vampiric" do not all consider themselves such. Likewise many have objections to the use of the word "vampire", although go on to expand on psi/sang feeding practices. This issue is addressed in several questions throughout the VEWRS and AVEWRS but for identification (as explained in the definition section of the preface of surveys) several core categories are provided for question #285. The "other" category is most often used for the "energy worker" distinction... if you personally feel yourself more inclined to energy work as opposed to vampiric feeding practices then choose this option and describe. However, in the detailed analysis what you write in the "other" category is how you will be labeled in the qualitative analysis of this study. ie: Respondent 284: 45 y/o Caucasian female who identifies herself as an Energy Worker who practices sanguine feeding techniques but personally objects to the vampire classification, though doesn't object to such for others. As you can see for the "simple charts" we are releasing now this is not practical, nor would be to separate every classification of otherkin per individual at this preliminary stage. That is part of our case study examination that comes later this year. This study is ultimately about what you write about yourself – not an attempt to box people into groups or limited categories (just sometimes you have to be practical when discussing/charting/showing some of the more general data points).

(Reply to this)(Parent
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Vampirism & Energy Work Research Center All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: