An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Tanning?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> General Vampire Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sorran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Tanning? Reply with quote

its been a while cents i'v posted.
so hi guys!

but im wondering about tanning.
im half native american and when i was younger i could tan easily.
but as i got older it got harder and harder until i just stopped trying.
all i do is burn. i might get a little color in my skin but n e thing passed that point is me just burning.

i'm tired of being so damn pale. i want a change.
i love being who i am. but i hate it at the same time.
i want a tan. nothing too dark just some color that i look healthy.
and i dont wanna use those "rub on tans". i have never had n e good with those tans either.

my mom and going to take me to a tanning salon next month.
and i was wonder
will i burn too bad?
will i ever be able to tan at all?

ideas on this please!
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay out of the sun, it will only make you old and ugly in ten years time.

The same goes for me. I can't tan anymore either and I'm half Asian. But I was never into sunbathing--I always thought it was creepy. Makes me think of KFC's extra crispy recipe.

Best advice I can give you is--if you want to stay pretty then stay pale, and invest in some extra strength sun block. All my friends from high school who tanned and stuff all look like Freddy Kruger now. I'm not kidding.

Words to live by. . ."Love all, trust a few, do harm to none." -- William Shakespeare
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have some really good sunless tanning products now. You can actually go and get airbrushed and save your skin. You'll be thankful you did in the future when everyone else looks like a an old brown boot and you are still pale and beautiful.
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eclecta wrote:
They have some really good sunless tanning products now. You can actually go and get airbrushed and save your skin. You'll be thankful you did in the future when everyone else looks like a an old brown boot and you are still pale and beautiful.

Amen, sister!!! Have you done the airbrush? i always thought tanning beds were a-kin to laying in an oven. Then I saw Final destination 3 and was like whoa. . .

Words to live by. . ."Love all, trust a few, do harm to none." -- William Shakespeare
nightchild

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cna go to Crete and still enjoy it and not nessecerly have to sit in the sun for to long but then i sometimes still tan easy but at the same time get sun burn easy aswell and i don't feel it directly olny when i take my shirt of. The best sun block you can then use is nr.35 to 45 if not nr.50 but then after only a few minutes walking in the sun in need to get out of the sun or in the swimmingpool the back in the shade.
But to live in a world where beeing pale ppl believe you are sick cause of the you skin complection all i see is ppl living in there own vanity of wanting to be pretty'r then next.
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
Eclecta wrote:

Amen, sister!!! Have you done the airbrush? i always thought tanning beds were a-kin to laying in an oven. Then I saw Final destination 3 and was like whoa. . .

I've not seen Final Destination 3. I need to do that.

No, I've not been airbrushed. I delight in my paleness. I don't mind being white at all. But I'd do it if I wanted a tan ever.
Sandy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final destination 3 wasn't all that great, but the tanning bed scene made the movie all worth while. I've never tried the airbrush thingy either.

RedRaven
House Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sun + Me = Angry
Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto. Have you had sun blisters--they suck. Sun is not my friend.

nightchild

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What ppl wouldn't do to get a tan.
final destination 3 there were some scenes in the movie not just the tanning salon.
Sandy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nightchild wrote:
final destination 3 there were some scenes in the movie not just the tanning salon.

I did not care for the 3rd one--my favorite were of the tanning beds.

Sorran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks u guys.
im still going to try the tanning bed thing.
and i was thinking about tanning one a month and using the sunless tanning stuff too with it.

im ok being pale its just that i have been pale for so long i just wanna see out it wood look on me again.

im going to slowly work up to a tan.
without burning my skin too bad.
Amber Mallis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
nightchild wrote:

I did not care for the 3rd one--my favorite were of the tanning beds.

LOL! I had a big laugh out of that one!
I would watch the regular version, where they grab toxic, flamable little goggles, and then turn down the airconditioning, which there was a warning sign not to do. One places her slushy on a desk and the water dripping from the slushy rushes off the table and toward them. Eventually, before you know it they're BOTH trapped by the cabinet above them, which fell between them and made the suntanning beds stuck and will not open, then they struggle as the suntanning bed gets too hot for their skin. They're goggles make them burn to their deaths.
Then, I played the DVD Version of the Game, "Heads or Tails", and I picked for the tempature to stay the same, and one girl got trapped, while the other one saw her friend screaming in pain, and when the lights inside the tanningbed exploded in electricity from all the heat, the other one was shocked as well, and they both STILL died, which made me angry...

I liike the DVD version's game...it was fun... Very Happy

Sorran, the people whom work at the tanningbed will probably only place you in there for about five minutes at a time on High. It's because my godsister worked at one of those places and I never got an actual tan before, so she said that I would only be aloud to use it for 5 minutes at a time.
They're very strict over there.
Sandy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, I was sadistically happy--I was like die bitches--die, die.

Okay, I feel bad now, but that trendy Paris Hilton wannabe shit grates on my every nerve. I think individuality is a great attribute. I had a few people try to clone me and it was INFURIATING---( clone=steal my personality, my style, my Sandy essence)

I had a friend who was really cool until she started pulling the "single white female" crap on me. I like people who are different from me---variety is the spice of life.

I still think tanning is wack, but that's me. Usually, my opinion counts for squat. But--hey, I want to stay pretty forever, and not for my teen years. Tanning makes you a contender for the lead singers position of the California raisins.

being pasty if your white---rocks= hot forever, and not till your 23.

I miss you, Amber--how have you been

CeruleanTwilight

Game Trophies:  1
Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to be pretty into how you look to want to be spray-painted really... do we know how that affects us yet? I have serious doubts. I just think I'm supposed to be pale. I don't try to fight it anymore.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> General Vampire Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: