An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Would You Lie To Make Someone Feel Better
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

would you lie to someone if it made then feel better
yes
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
no
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

prince dax

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Would You Lie To Make Someone Feel Better Reply with quote

honestly from the heart would you lie to make someone feel better
Lord_Abdou

Game Trophies:  7
Hall Of Fame Member
View My Character

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes , i want it from my heart
nightchild

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes an innoccent white lie can't hurt nobody but at some point it all comes out the closet. Sometimes you have to say it as it is but you have to say sublimenaly.
prince dax

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nightchild wrote:
Sometimes an innoccent white lie can't hurt nobody but at some point it all comes out the closet. Sometimes you have to say it as it is but you have to say sublimenaly.

good point
nightchild

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no harm no foul
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all lie to make others feel better. We are brought up being told lying is bad, but when we see it done so easily we think it's no big deal, and actually it is.

Some of us are more politically correct than others, and sometimes when we are in a bad mood, our honesty becomes more apparent. But regardless, I think sparing someone's feeling can be a good thing, even tho I know sometimes its best to be thought a bitch and just say when it is.
nightchild

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lying is easier then just telling the truth that's is true.
but what will one do when the cat is out of the bag?
Amber Mallis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually, some people have impulsions to lie all of the time, in which Doctors consider that a disorder, because of them people who keep lying can never tell the truth again.
nightchild

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't they have a treatment for those kind of disorders?
someone whom is a conpulsive liar is very manipulative towards others to make them believe what they are telling is true.
Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is a DSM catagorized, and treated disoder.

Words to live by. . ."Love all, trust a few, do harm to none." -- William Shakespeare
Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is a DSM categorized, and treatable dissuader. There are some people who have compulsory needs to lie-lie-lie. These kinds of people can't help it.

DAX, if you care for someone tell them the truth. You'll save yourself and them some headaches. Besides, its the right thing to do. If you care, then care enough to tell them like it is. Weakness is not a virtue that I. myself admire.

If we were close friends then I would want you to tell me the truth. I can take the truth--no matter how bad it is. I would want to better myself in any way possible. Tell me the truth, no matter what, and I'll love you forever

There are always tactful and respectful ways to approach all topics. I know that you will do the right thing. If you know the person then you will know the right way to express this to them.

Now--for a Sandy tangent. . . .THE TOPIC PEOPLE WHO LIE JUST TO LIE OR WHO WANT TO IMPRESS

I hate liars (those who can help it) Hate is a really strong word. But I really do revile them (verbal abuse aside) , I loath, them----gggrrrr. .

I especially dislike those who lie for the sake of lying, or feel they need to impress.

You know what impresses me, being a kind, thoughtful, forthright person who is different from myself. I like different types of people, makes spicy gumbo. Variety is the spice of life.

Most of the time I don't know jack about squat, and I have no problems admitting my ignorance.

Sorry, that was a Sandy rant. This is all my opinion, and was not intended to harm, or hurt anyone, and if I have done so -- please accept my apologies. It was not my intention to offend.

Lying is a pet peev, but I guess you all could tell that.

Anyway, take care. I hope all is well with all of you.

Words to live by. . ."Love all, trust a few, do harm to none." -- William Shakespeare
nightchild

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oke's sandy honesty is it's own reward but to be honest have not met many whom dare to speak the truth.
Sometimes the only way to learn something is much better not having to find out of somebody else or one day waking up in the twilight zone
Not very ammusing when ppl jsut sit there looking at you like you are from another world and strangly enough refuse to tell anything cause i know this for a fact some ppl ahve become very good with telling story's when i'm not around. So i have met more ppl whom are into compulsive lying and still are then anyone whom dared to to tell the truth not there version but the real truth. And Sandy if you assume you know what truly ranting is then you haven't heard everything yet.
Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, it is a self styled ranting -- for me alone. I can't do the screamy rant, its not in me.

Sometimes it is better to find out the truth yourself, but if it is someone you care for deeply then it is better that they hear the truth from you, and not someone else who might not be as kind in their rendering, and then again there are some people who can't handle the truth.

In my own case, I need truthful people in my life. I have to be able to trust people to feel comfortable around them, so I respect honesty.

Lots of people are liars, and they talk behind your back, and if they do that then it is probably better to let them go, and not associate with them anymore. I don't have time for people like that I would respect someone who calmly says, "Fuck you, Sandy" to my face then someone who say's all types of crap behind my back.

If I know what someone's grievance is with me then I can figure out how to work things out with them. I like proactive relationships.

In my life, I only get mad at people who I care about. If I don't care then I won't get mad. I'll smile, shake my head, and move along.

Trust is important in all relationships.

I do a nice Sandy rant. I wish that I could do the diva-bitch rant, but I don't have that personality. Oh-well. I'll do it my own way.

Take care, Nightchild. TTYL

prince dax

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
Yes, that is a DSM categorized, and treatable dissuader. There are some people who have compulsory needs to lie-lie-lie. These kinds of people can't help it.

DAX, if you care for someone tell them the truth. You'll save yourself and them some headaches. Besides, its the right thing to do. If you care, then care enough to tell them like it is. Weakness is not a virtue that I. myself admire.

If we were close friends then I would want you to tell me the truth. I can take the truth--no matter how bad it is. I would want to better myself in any way possible. Tell me the truth, no matter what, and I'll love you forever

There are always tactful and respectful ways to approach all topics. I know that you will do the right thing. If you know the person then you will know the right way to express this to them.

Now--for a Sandy tangent. . . .THE TOPIC PEOPLE WHO LIE JUST TO LIE OR WHO WANT TO IMPRESS

I hate liars (those who can help it) Hate is a really strong word. But I really do revile them (verbal abuse aside) , I loath, them----gggrrrr. .

I especially dislike those who lie for the sake of lying, or feel they need to impress.

You know what impresses me, being a kind, thoughtful, forthright person who is different from myself. I like different types of people, makes spicy gumbo. Variety is the spice of life.

Most of the time I don't know jack about squat, and I have no problems admitting my ignorance.

Sorry, that was a Sandy rant. This is all my opinion, and was not intended to harm, or hurt anyone, and if I have done so -- please accept my apologies. It was not my intention to offend.

Lying is a pet peev, but I guess you all could tell that.

Anyway, take care. I hope all is well with all of you.

good point sandy but i think in my situation it's best that i told a lil lie
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you believe that you have done the right thing then you must have.

These things do come back around, so be mindful.

Hope all is well with you, Dax. I was happy to hear that your concert went well. I'll be in ATL in March--you should come visit me

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: