Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Tyra Banks show talking about witches~Opinions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> General Spiritual & Philosophical Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nadia115
House Member

Location: Coweta Ga..otherwise, with in my own personal reality with thoughts swirling and twirling around me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Tyra Banks show talking about witches~Opinions Reply with quote

My questions are..how do you feel this may affect the Wicca community and many others who do not follow main stream religous beliefs? Do you think it will affect the Vampire community with the portion of the show filming a blood letting ritual? Should we be worried about it causing a flood of these types of subjects in the media and possible "witch hunts" begining? What do any of you fore see?

Monday, January 29th
"Mysterious Lives of Witches"
Do you believe in magic? Tyra meets some of the 400,000 people in the United States who call themselves witches and explores their mysterious world of spells and rituals. Three women claim they are “white witches” or “good witches,” but have been tormented due to their beliefs. Then the “good witches” agree to pull back the curtain for a first-hand look at a witches’ induction ceremony, and Tyra speaks with the woman who was welcomed into their coven. Tyra reveals the other side of witchcraft when she’s joined by three people who consider themselves “dark witches,” and take you inside a ceremony where a blood-letting ritual is performed. Tyra also speaks with two members of one of the most controversial and feared groups in history, Satanists, including a man who claims he is the first child born in the “Church of Satan.” Plus, a former witch who now believes witchcraft is evil.
nightchild

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A with hunt to all ppl in this world HELLO we are living in the 21st century all are welcome to join the rest of humanity it you want?
Showing something as like a bloodletting don't realy know if this is a smart idea the ppl of the community will probably watch the show. I think once on national geographic there was a show on vampires and if i'm not wrong there were diffirent opinions.
And ppl would immediatly compare it to as the movies which ppl have seen in either big screen or dvd.
So if when something as this is shown it will trigger of some ppl whom are fanatic and still yet again not know we are living in the 21st century.
The only great evil which is known are:
1)ignorance
2)arogance
not anything else.
Nadia115
House Member

Location: Coweta Ga..otherwise, with in my own personal reality with thoughts swirling and twirling around me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a reason behind the "" around witch hunt. Not that they will literally grab up folks and put them on the stake. But I know of many cases where when found out that some one practices a religion not considered main stream..they get harassed and some times just flat out forced out of jobs. I know of one couple who lost their kids due to religion and the list goes on. THAT is what I am talking about. Not literal witch hunts as in Salem.

As far as the rest, blood letting, seen in movies and DVD. That is not real life though. Most know the difference. when it becomes real and more of a reality and right in your face on day time T.V., it becomes a bit more scary for those who are fanatics or easily frightened. How are they going to portray it all? Tyra Banks show being media, I am not sure that I would trust it to be in a neutral light. Sensationalism sells and gets ratings. Not the mundane and boring, unfortunately many times that means twisting the truth as well. Even trying to make it as scary sounding as possible.

Now take into account we have one group to portray the good or what have you. To give positive insight. Right along with dark magic with blood letting(which the htought of really freaks people out, hence it's over use in movies), then a satanist, then a woman who USED to practice Wicca and now says it is EVIL. IOW a woman who is a born again fanatical Christian and will be screaming how it is all the devils work and evil and god saved her. A woman who is now a fanatic. Sounds pretty one sided to me. Like there is no real chance of positive light on the subject matter. That right off they are showing what people FEAR. They are feeding that FEAR and mostly consentrating on that part.

Unfortunately my printer is completely dead and I had to go buy a new one for a school project that is due real soon and well, I can not run my business with out my fax/copier/printer. So..I missed the show. Any one catch it? The above is just my guess as to how it would possibly go.
Amber Mallis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A with hunt to all ppl in this world HELLO we are living in the 21st century all are welcome to join the rest of humanity it you want?
Showing something as like a bloodletting don't realy know if this is a smart idea the ppl of the community will probably watch the show. I think once on national geographic there was a show on vampires and if i'm not wrong there were diffirent opinions.
And ppl would immediatly compare it to as the movies which ppl have seen in either big screen or dvd.
So if when something as this is shown it will trigger of some ppl whom are fanatic and still yet again not know we are living in the 21st century.
The only great evil which is known are:
1)ignorance
2)arogance
not anything else.

There are still Witch Hunters out there, that is true.
I knew of one Coven which was open to all others, and when people joined, it was noticed and others were getting paranoid, frightened and even illusional about it, and the people inside the Coven were frightened because there was a letter addressed to them, threatening to hang them on their OWN trial.
So, I do believe in "secretecy" and being "mysterious", like the article said.
nightchild

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's strang how ppl are so easly spooked.
Witch hunts to further then Salem even in England there was one but he went over the line and kille a priest out of madness and was later accused of satansime itself by the queen and then later executed. Burning ppl at the stake comes from Europe so Salem was not the only place where ppl were believed that those whom they burned at he stake refused to expet the teaching they were learning them. Even Nostradamus was accused of witchcraft but was proteced by the Queen of France.
In those day's that's just the way it was and still there is such ignorance which by that there always be secrets to the mundane.
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not Wiccan so I don't know what to say except if they are using blood magicks why is it considered evil? Is it some malicious spell that is meant to do harm? Or is it simply something they are adding to the ritual to intensify it or to add potency to the spell?

Did anyone watch this show?
Sorran

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i watch tyra on days that im not in school,but i have never seen this show
when did this air?
or when is it going to air?
Maloryn
House Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now if they really wanted to push ratings, they'd have had Tyra skyclad Wink

---Mal
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> General Spiritual & Philosophical Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: