Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Problems Within The Community - Part 1

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> General Vampire Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merticus
Site Admin & Founding Member

Game Trophies:  1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Problems Within The Community - Part 1 Reply with quote

In response to a post from another forum asserting a variety of problems within the vampire community and to the proposal of the formation of a council to review terminology in an effort to "all be on the same page".
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I had a Dollar/Euro for every "Council" that has been formed over the years...

There are current existing entities that favor of such unilateral ideals but in practical application often lack the discipline, stamina, desire, networking ability, non-exclusionary mentality, proper attitudes, clear organized goals, and foresight to see any such project to a viable working order - the passions of the few are often not realized through the labors of the many. As a whole this Community, Subculture, Group, Culture, Nation, or the like must recognize the need for cohesiveness, adherence to basic fundamental ethics, and establish clear understanding of what purpose our Community serves both to the outside or mundane society, ourselves, and us as individuals. If we are not willing to encourage an expansion or betterment of knowledge, self-improvement, understanding of the vampiric condition, and promotion of tolerance both personally or as a collective; then what good is it for us to spend time rambling aimlessly about the hypocrisy of our own people. By our own admission the majority of the Community operates independently of one another without any sincere desire to be aware of what the other is practicing, believing, or advocating. At best we attain only a pseudo understanding of the climate and workings of other Groups, Forums, Houses, Courts, et. al. from the sensational or "public" spectacles that surface with infrequency. The subsequent broad and many times superficial assumptions we then form are often used to level judgement about the validity and worth of an individual, path, or group without regard for an evaluation to determine the quantifiable balance of their constructive versus destructive endeavors.

This Community needs to shift their focus back to curbing negative perception, advocating education in areas of the World where the only support structure is based on sole extremist viewpoints; often with fantastical or religious overtones, and learn to communicate with even the most gauche among us without regard for personal and terminological disagreements over what composes the "true" repertoire of the modern or living vampire. A universal dictionary that is "officially endorsed by the vampire Community" will not be the product of a group of commonly acknowledged and respected individuals sitting down and forming such because we are not yet at the tipping point majority where our populace have learned the necessity for working together to benefit outside of the concept of "self". There is a disturbing lack of respect leveled by the solitary and affiliated communities for one another along with an ever widening gap between sanguine and psi feeders over what should and should not be recognized, sanctioned, or discussed. There are numerous flamboyant lifestylers patronizing clubs and online forums pretending to understand and identify with vampirism who haven't the vaguest conception to what they speak; while many of these same individuals indeed possess a vampiric nature but have fallen victim to poorly chosen or enigmatic terminology and behaviors. This more often than not results of having resigned to the appeal of the stereotype, being embraced by the first "vampire group" that chose to take the time to listen without being quick to reply with a "see this article, take two Tylenol, and don't talk to me again because I'm an elder with loftier duties", and from a feeling of disconnect from the general Community that reject them based subjectively on the face value of their phrasing or lack of tenure; all of which give rise to further enabling of the problem.

The final point I wish to convey concerns otherkin and the influence of other subcultures with our Community in recent years. It should not be our role as vampires or even individuals to openly judge either the conceivable or ostentatious claims made by those who identify in a metaphysical sense with animal, astral, angelic, or otherworldly archetypes or spirits. Such should be left to the individual to discern for themselves and discuss amongst other like-minded individuals on available forums and discussion groups. Vampirism is widely held as a condition of the physical body with overtones of spiritual and sometimes metaphysical influence. Many of us have a hard time grasping at the plausibility of some of these claims much in the same manner as mundane individuals have difficulty understanding vampirism. It's important to admit to ourselves that by not having a strong foundation of cooperation, terminology, and rooted core ideals within our own vampiric community that subjection to widespread outside influence by such said subcultures inherently erodes the underpinnings of our culture and flings open the door for criticism, personal reevaluation of our own condition, and muddles the message we wish to perpetuate to both those awakening and to the public. There are far too many individuals who choose not to identify to the term "vampire" because of the convoluted and often transitory conditions we've imposed on such definition and from our associations. Still others refuse to accept "vampire" as a classification of otherkin and vice versa. Perhaps a clear line of demarcation should be established or carefully advocated by the Community as to what conceptual infusions into vampirism from other subcultures we are willing to entertain. Though the point we must all be cognizant of, is that we deal day in and day out with physical ailments wrapped in ethereal ideas within the context of a Community that lacks any recognized enforcement, discernable leadership, or cohesive belief structure.

Last edited by Merticus on Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ragsolith

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... you seem very, very frustrated, and I can't say at all that it's unfounded. I know I'm having a very difficult time trying to find coherent information on anything vampire-related because of how different people are... they've got strong opinions on things that others don't and it's made my quest for knowledge very difficult.

A council would be pointless as a good portion of the people who claim to be vampires don't give a rats ass about standards or "being on the same page." There's too much fiction for that to be possible.
nightchild

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are books enough around to read upon the issues of vampirisme. But some of them talk of many items surrounding the either fysical or mental changes,for some it comes as a shock to find out whom they are and start to misinturpreted everything and so become fustrated and so they will attack another's way of believing and so does it happen that groups start to build gaps and start to fall apart. I have been subscribed into many groups from vampire to luciferian always to keep an open mind towards of how to solve issues ppl have.Reading books about the transformation of the mind as it goes thru a fases of change trying to adept to the world as it changes and everytime there will be those whom can't except the way they are. So again they attack others with it and again the fustration which come with it.
An awakening most likely happens in fases.
So it try to meditation to remain calm trying to find a way to come in contact with the astral plains and so forth with to learn to understand the pranic.
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your post was well written, and I, myself enjoyed it immensely, and I whole heartedly agree with you. There is nothing else to be said, because you have said it all.

Rant more often.

Words to live by. . ."Love all, trust a few, do harm to none." -- William Shakespeare
nightchild

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Sandy how's all been going on your side?
To what point are you agreeing?
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nightchild,

Any news about the job?

I agree with all of Merticus's post. I have a real problem with those who need to structuralize a hierarchal system. These sorts of established "havens'" reek of the daftly insecure, and generally house those who are more concerned with power, stature rather then lending aid to those who seek it..

I refuse to have someone impose their will on me, because they have some ridiculous title. I have no master, and I will fight anyone who tries to lord any thing on me. Experience is one thing, but sadly, silly, politics appears to be the true player rather than mere experience.

I may not be all that experienced, nor do I have the knowledge or time to contribute to the community properly--but If I did then I would seek a community that would respect my autonomy while still allowing me to be a part of the whole. I have no need to surround myself with more feckless illusionists, I can lie to myself just fine.

What's the point of cliquish clans? How do I know that this supposed "elder" isn't just some "poser" cloaked in his or her own inferiority. I don't.

Okay, just realized that I was ranting, sorry .Ranting was definitely not my intent, LOL. Nor was the tangent. Damn, PMS!

Words to live by. . ."Love all, trust a few, do harm to none." -- William Shakespeare
nightchild

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of the houses or havens have such a system it the code of conduct (the black veil) it to keep one whom is a member not to forget what can & what can't.
it not that much diffirent for the samuria had a code which still can be found in martial arts or even the code of conduct of temple knights it's a reminder but yet you don't know when you join a house or haven if the elder is truly one but you may not doubt anything for you could be wrong or not.
In a house there are many whom come and elder is seen as the resposible one but the if the rest doesn't follow the same rules and keep fighting his/her way thru it they but will it make very difficult for the other. Everybody is this house or any other house is kinda carring some form of responsiblity to the community seeing that nothing goes wrong.
I tend to keep in touch with other houses form sanguin to psi by joining the forum's especially there is one where most started even that i have gotten invitations still i haven't gotten the chance to meet them so still it's my responsiblity not to just say i will do this or that this would be taking it like a joke.
So i kept searching an kept learning how much even just some simple rules as the black veil can do there are many thing's which are difficult but you just keep yourself reminding in what of society you life. So for me to come to Atlanta to meet up with other members of the house the same for New York.
But the same about the job if one gets the job of prison guard you get much responsiblity in your hands.
like the saying goes with great power comes great responsibilty.
knowledge means power so here again the same as the top line.
But you have to able to have fun aswell and this can but happen when all goes the way thing's should otherwise......now i only will start to rant myself so i'm going to shut up.
Sandy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the term "haven"in a very broad loose term, a bit of a generalization on my part. I do realize not all "houses" are corrupt, but I can only draw from my own frame of reference.

I wasn't really meaning online forums and the like--but personal, physical contact.

The online experience is a cushion, a safety net. I suppose if it weren't for the Internet--I would not have much contact with the community since my experiences have been rather unsatisfying thus far.

Very Happy

nightchild

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There might be houses or havens whom have the wrong idea of the vampire community. But before others pass judgment it's better to read about the subject before speeking about what you know only little for.On forums ppl can make jokes but must draw a line for it most of the times comes to the ears of those whom will take it very serious.
Corruption is everywhere in this country the real mafia are the ploticians.Corruption come from when there is no stability in one group and starts to think not for all but only for themselves
and destroy truth. look the once mighty Rome it fell cause it couldn't deal with it corrupt politiance whom kept ppl under.
Sandy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nightchild wrote:
There might be houses or havens whom have the wrong idea of the vampire community. But before others pass judgment it's better to read about the subject before speeking about what you know only little for.On forums ppl can make jokes but must draw a line for it most of the times comes to the ears of those whom will take it very serious..

But that is to imply that I, myself don't know what I am talking about, which is not entirely the case. I have associated with some of these establishments, but left soon after (not online) due to some very questionable ideologies, and behavior. I have little patience for such foolishness, nor the time to worry about seeking out such things now. Later, maybe, but now I have to say "no". There is a time for everything, and it isn't now. I have too much riding on what I'm doing now, and it is taking up most of my time at the moment. . .which kind of sucks. Atlanta is only 5 hours away, and I keep telling my best friend, and Eclecta that I'm coming, but then something comes up.

nightchild

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no implacation one is making ppl know as much as the next on anything. But sometimes it's better to read and study before joining on of the houses especially learning as much on the black veil to aplly it in my daily life. Last year i got an invitation of the house in New York but cause of economic reason i couldn't go so there is an unfinished task and i'm still trying to get to the book of liber jahire which explains how to come forth by day the first part of a serie of which will lead to a understanding of what they are all about.
Then later i joined up with the list of the ordo Sekhemu with that i'm only on there list. But with the house of New York i still get invitatoins to festivals to meet up with the members.
It would for me wrong to make an implacation towards anyone for i know yet myself only little and still this needs to be corrected.
Yet some might make high demands but for a newbie to one of these houses it might come over very confussing and need then to step away from it. So that's why it say it's better to read everything upon it and keep in touch with the house you join so no confusson nor misunderstadningscan rise. And the last house is in Europe they keep them selves busy with teaching magick talking about the necronomicon and other writters,philosophy,the psychology of the darkness and how to advance further. They visit powerplaces hold meetings and have festivals and keep themselves busy with the rune stones.This is but little info there main house is in Sweden but the closest is in Germany.For those on Europian soil it is only 30euros outside of Europe it's 35euros.
But still i should at least come once to Atlanta aswell to meet up with the members of the A.V.A. So if i'm lucky enough maybe we will meet up there that's to say i'm lucky this year Sandy.
Michi-san

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: War of Egos Reply with quote

I absolutely agree with Merticus on every point he/she made (Sorry Merticus, but I literally have no clue what gender you are --nervously laughs..). I have noticed in quite a few other vampire forums on other websites, that the sanguines, psi's, and "hybrids" seem to be having a war of words as to who is greater. Why the hell does it matter what "type" of vampire you are? We are all essentially the same.....vampires! All of us need the same thing...energy..help..support, so why should it matter what "classification" you are? That very hypocritical war of egos is another thing that is just making the vampire community fall apart. NO ONE should ever feel like they have to prove themselves to be a vampire (or to be anything for that matter) to the community. If you are a vampire, then you are a vampire. If you are not, then you are not. I think that if the "War of Egos" doesn't stop, then the community will continue to attract negativity and stereotypes.
nightchild

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most try to break free from the stereotypes Hollywood has created vampires to be. beeing a vampire has got nothing to do with religioun there many believes within the community. And everybody has responsibilty to keep it going.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> General Vampire Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: