An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Atlanta After Dark?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Atlanta Community News & Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zero
Founding Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Atlanta After Dark? Reply with quote

OK, the other night, after a dinner in the best Chinese resturaunt I've been to outside of Taiwan, I was driving back from the Buford Farmer's Market with a car full of frozen squid, mangoes and horchata, I stopped at the QuikTrip to put more oil in my car, and a guy in a painter's truck asked me in three different languages if I needed help with my engine, and I got to thinking how much I FRICKING LOVE living in Atlanta.

I was thinking about creating a resource page under the AVA site with local Atlanta late-night stuff. Categories could be resturaunts, concert venues, bars, coffee houses, attractions, and fun stuff - go-kart tracks or even something non-go-kart related, and services that are open late like banks, pharmacies, groceries, garages, gas stations, etc.

I was also thinking we might gather a bit of data for a sort of "best of" Atlanta list, with anything good to be found in ATL, but with an emphasis on things that would interest vampires, energy-workers, therians, etc.

For example, best old-growth forest inside the Perimeter? Best place to smoke a hookah within walking distance of HexXt? Best occult bookstore? Best place for herbs and oils? Voodoo supplies?

Does anyone think that's a good idea? Got favourite places?

-z
Maloryn
House Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome idea.
I can't count the number of times I've racked my brain trying to ponder somewhere to go to keep from being bored at 3am.

---Mal
cathmael

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm usually lookin for some lunch about 3AM
SoulSplat
Founding Member

Game Trophies:  23
Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its a great idea. I'll gather some to add. What do you think. . .places open after midnight?
zero
Founding Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: places open after midnight Reply with quote

that'll make a good delimiter; midnight. Places often don't close "at" midnight - either 10 or 11PM, or 1-2 AM.

I'm totally down with a "food" category - WaHo, Intermezzo, Apres Diem, New Paradise, La Feria (24-hr Mexican food, but bring your Spanish skills..) R. Thomas, Huey's, is the 88 Tofu House still open? It was a great sort of greasy-spoon Korean diner/cafeteria place... the Koryo Dang Bakery.. good crepes at 2AM.. Meehan's in Brookhaven.. yeah.

does anyone know if the Home Depot on Tilly Mill is still keeping late-night hours? The one on Sidney Marcus used to be 24hr. but stopped doing that a while back.. used to be the only place I could get more wood stain and sandpaper at 3AM....
Andarael
House Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Idea! So what's this Chinese resturaunt you mentioned in the first post and where is it? I love Chinese!

This would be good also for those of us who are newer to ATL.

~Andarael Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andarael
House Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Idea! So what's this Chinese resturaunt you mentioned in the first post and where is it? I love Chinese!

This would be good also for those of us who are newer to ATL.

Andarael Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm all for doing this too. It sucks just going to WalMart just because that's the only thing open other than Waffle House.. LOL.
cathmael

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R Thomas - Peachtree Rd - open 24/7
Chinese Buddha - 14th Street - sometimes open 24/7
Landmark Diner (various locations) - open 24/7
City Cafe - 10th St over by GA Tech - open 24/7 thurs - sun
Marietta Diner - Cobb Pkwy - Open 24/7
Midas7g

Game Trophies:  2
Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Most of these are within walking distance to where I live now! Which is handy because I don't have a car... Confused

And to think I've just been wandering the streets of Atlanta, when there have been places open that I could frequent! This thread rocks.
Auras

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oi, wish I lived in atl... only things I know are open late in Columbus are Waffle House, WalMart, and Starship
Andarael
House Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand your pain, Auras! ATL is great! I lived a little further south of you in Albany for way too long. Like Columbus all that was open after 10pm was Waffle House, Wal-Mart, and a few 24 hour convenience stores. You should come up sometime and visit with us! Laughing
Auras

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to, but I have no car. I might be up there in january for a cradle of filth concert though.
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well let us know if you are in the area.
Sigma

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno how you all are on Bowling, but there's a 24/7 Bowling Center in Midtown, bar/food open til' 2:30, and the place stays open all day/night.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.
S
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Atlanta Community News & Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: