Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Sanguinarius (VCMB) - Survey Inquiry

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Vampirism & Energy Work Research Center
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merticus
Site Admin & Founding Member

Game Trophies:  1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Sanguinarius (VCMB) - Survey Inquiry Reply with quote

Lady Slinky
Den Mother
(8/15/06 11:38 pm)
Reply Re: VEWRS & AVEWRS Vampire Research Surveys - Please Rea
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am not sure that answered my question. What do you mean by formaly analized? Does this mean they have been reviewed by a statistion or does this mean the answers were tallied?

Merticus
Registered Member
(8/16/06 6:08 am)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To further clarify. The responses, both quantitative and qualitative will be analyzed to the best of our ability (as outlined in detail in the purpose sections located in both surveys) at the cessation of the both the VEWRS and AVEWRS studies in a long and tedious process beginning on or about January 2007. Each individual response from the VEWRS and the first section of the AVEWRS will be correlated and/or linked where applicable in various permutations to highlight both similar and dissimilar trends among responses that yield such information and written responses grouped and interpreted accordingly. Responses will not simply be tallied without intensive cross-correlation and interpretation. While we will not go into detail on which responses we have received until this study has ended, you may rest assured that upwards of 90% of the surveys we have preliminarily reviewed have been in the spirit of level-headed, serious, and genuinely intelligible opinions and insights offered by our Community. The design of the surveys themselves, especially the AVEWRS, do not provide overt questions that lend themselves to role-players, fantasy, classical/mythos beliefs, or non-vampires - these are not the questions we are seeking to explore in this study. The scope, size, and detail of the questions limit the ability of those who are not knowledgeable (even at an introductory level) of modern vampirism to answer, further increasing the quality of the responses across the board. Hopefully this clears up any confusion you may have.

Lady Slinky
Den Mother
(8/16/06 11:43 am)
Thank you. That indeed was the information I was looking for.

Last edited by Merticus on Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Merticus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lady Slinky
Den Mother
(10/31/06 5:38 pm)

Reply New Post Re: Advanced Vampirism & Energy Work Research
Survey

I am very pleased to see the additional notation. In my opinion this is the first real viable research I have seen within the community or at least has the most potential to be.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Merticus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Survey Results Disscusion

Options V

V Track this topic
V Email this topic
V Print this topic
V Download this topic
V Subscribe to this forum
V Switch to: Outline
V Standard
V Switch to: Linear+
Lady Slinky
post Feb 26 2007, 01:18 AM
Post #1

Den Mother

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

So what do you think these preliminary results are saying? What do you think they mean? How do you think this will affect the community?
User is offlineProfile CardPM

Report PostGo to the top of the page
+Quote Post
V Full Edit
V Quick Edit
DarthMonkey
post Feb 26 2007, 01:33 AM
Post #2

VCMB Regular

Group: Energy Vampires
Member No.: 2,170

I don't know but it looks like the number of vampires is rising.

Skin by Prettyflesh.com
"We will never need more than 412MB of RAM"-Bill Gates

+Quote Post
V Full Edit
V Quick Edit
Giselher
post Feb 26 2007, 04:14 PM
Post #3

VCMB Denizen

Group: NVP
Member No.: 1,655

The "What kind of vampire do you consider yourself"-question puzzles me as it has an option "Non vampiric". I thought this was Vampires Only survey.

+Quote Post
V Full Edit
V Quick Edit
Amikeco
post Feb 26 2007, 04:19 PM
Post #4

Hopeless VCMB Junkie

Member No.: 1,679

No, other people like energy workers were also allowed to participate, though they had to state that they are no vamps. wink.gif

Skin by Prettyflesh.com
Zwölf zünftige Zipfelmützenzwerge, die auf zwölf Tannenzapfen saßen, aßen zweihundertzweiundzwanzig blaue Zwetschgen. Als sie die zweihundertzweiundzwanzig Zwetschgen gegessen hatten, sagte Zwerg Zwuckel zu Zwerg Zwockel "mich zwickt's im Bauch", darauf antwortete Zwerg Zwockel zu Zwerg Zuckel "mich auch".

+Quote Post
V Full Edit
V Quick Edit
Merticus
post Feb 27 2007, 01:02 PM
Post #5

Group: Hybrid
Member No.: 1,738
{Information}: Hybrid

As a note to everyone: We are still accepting survey submissions through March 31, 2007 + 1 month grace period (though the sooner we have them in to us the sooner we can begin data entry/correlations). Therefore, if you identify as a real sanguine, psi, living, or modern vampire - and/or energy worker/psion, PLEASE take the time to complete BOTH of these important surveys and help increase the quality and size of the sample. We need the cooperation and help of every member possible within the VC.
User is online!Profile CardPM

Edit Post+Quote Post
V Full Edit
V Quick Edit
Merticus
post Mar 5 2007, 07:47 PM
Post #6

Giving everyone a heads up for round two...

As we did with approximately 13 questions from the VEWRS, we are about to run a preliminary sample analysis on about 8-10 questions from the AVEWRS (2nd Survey). We hope to have these charts available for release on/about March 22, 2007 (One Year Anniversary For Study), therefore, we will need to have your completed AVEWRS surveys prior to around March 18th if you'd like your responses included in this second preliminary release.

The questions we're selecting from the AVEWRS will generally be more in-depth than the preliminary demographic information released for the VEWRS; highlighting the vampiric condition, experience, and individual background plus specifics of energy work, sanguine and psi feeding practices, spirituality, etc. Thank you for taking the time to participate in this important study by completing both surveys and encouraging others to do the same. Have a wonderful week!

Download: www.vampiresurvey.com
Troubleshooting: http://www.vampiresurvey.com/AVEWRS.htm
Questions: research@vampiresurvey.com
Completed Surveys: response@vampiresurvey.com

Edit Post+Quote Post
V Full Edit
V Quick Edit
Lady Slinky
post Mar 8 2007, 02:04 AM
Post #7

Den Mother

I have been thinking about this so I am sure it has crossed your mind and forgive me if I have already mentioned it. If the after math of this research goes well I think perhaps revisiting it in a couple years would be a good idea.

Trust can be a big factor in this sort of research and being really the first the community has seen on this level I am sure that many of us while being honest were probably hesitant to answer many questions and may have been conservative with the questions they did answer.

+Quote Post
V Full Edit
V Quick Edit
Merticus
post Mar 8 2007, 04:04 PM
Post #8

Of course - the study this time around will take us into early 2008 by the time we finish data entry, correlations, analysis, etc. Revisiting it again in 2010 would be a viable option. While some may have been conservative with answers, many have not judging by the volumes of written in the columns info on the hard copy surveys and additional attached word docs to some surveys - the fact that people use the "other" option is a good indication they are paying attention to questions asked and being thoughtful enough to include their own individual perspective. Though if everyone wishes to fill out the surveys again in 2010 or a revision of the surveys/questions that were found most relevant by the time this study is over great. Right now we are just concentrating on gathering as many responses as possible this time around - which means anyone who reads this and knows they haven't taken the time to complete at least the VEWRS (though you really need to take the AVEWRS as well) please do so over this coming weekend. Thanks!

Download: www.vampiresurvey.com
Completed Responses: response@vampiresurvey.com

Edit Post+Quote Post
V Full Edit
V Quick Edit
Vyrdolak
post Mar 10 2007, 12:39 AM
Post #9

Group: VCMB Supporter
Member No.: 1,654

Trust can be a big factor in this sort of research and being really the first the community has seen on this level I am sure that many of us while being honest were probably hesitant to answer many questions and may have been conservative with the questions they did answer.

I'm answering this mostly because, at last, I can! (Thanks, Lady Slinky!) smile.gif

When I answered the A/VEWRS surveys, I pretty much let it all out. For quite some time, I felt that I had to be very circumspect, due to my employment (low paying, non-profit, human services). Now I'm out of that soul-killing job and self-employed, so I answer to no one; and, in the field I'm now in, being outrageous won't hurt me, in fact, quite the opposite.

What a relief!

In many cases I wished there had been more room for written answers, but I think the AVA figured that out when they got my surveys. smile.gif

+Quote Post
V Full Edit
V Quick Edit
Lady Slinky
post Mar 10 2007, 01:18 AM
Post #10

Den Mother

I suppose having marketing in my blood put me at a slight disadvantage on this one as I had a hard time not analyzing the survey.

I am glad that you were able to finally let it all out. I hope that many felt able to do this as well. I answered as honestly as I could but found myself not sure what many of the questions were really asking. I am also fairly reluctant to put it all out there because I know I could easily spot my own survey and could most likely easily match up surveys to others by the questions asked and I have young children to think about.

While Merticus has never given me reason not to trust him I do not know everyone involved with the survey and as I have no experience with the group in general found it difficult to overcome my natural distrust. So I will admit to being conservative. I also found it extremely tempting not to answer questions so I would not have to answer the many questions attached to the first one. But that is due to having the attention span of a gnat...... (note I only mention this as I know many of us have short attention spans and this is a classic tactic)

I also would have liked to have a fill in the blank space for the multiple guess sections.

+Quote Post
V Full Edit
V Quick Edit
Bathory_Swain
post Mar 14 2007, 10:51 AM
Post #11

VCMB Regular

Group: Author
Member No.: 2,195

Could I please have persmision to use this as a source in my research paper?

It is so hard to find credible statistics relating to how the modern world is becoming ever more aware of the vampire world...

Before you reject, please know this; I am writing for one person's eyes only; my teacher. No secrets or personal information of anyone on this board will be disclosed; if you have this on any other site I will get it from there to protect Sang's security.

As now I have shown my teacher the charts and she okay'd them for use; she found them valid after I explaind the polls and that while these were preliminary they are roughly pointed the right way seeing as many diffesernt age groups have taken this and it shows that this generation of teenagers and young adults is indeed more knowledgable of it.

The assignment is "modern mysteries"; I chose to do mine on vampires; I gave a lengthy presentation of their history, and followed it up with how it is affecting peoples in today's world. I only need a few of the charts, really. If your answer is no, I undersand. Sorry to have troubled you and thank you for your time.

Skin by Prettyflesh.com
IPB Image
"The satin web of thy imprisonment shackles the muse of dreams come true..."
myspace

+Quote Post
V Full Edit
V Quick Edit
Merticus
post Mar 15 2007, 02:21 PM
Post #12

Posted For Zero (AVA Founding Member) who had trouble posting this reply.

You can certainly use the charts and graphs that we have published on the www.vampiresurvey.com site; we appreciate the courtesy of asking first, but permission isn't really necessary anyway, since they're published in a public area. You may have to cite the copy at http://www.vampiresurvey.com/statistics.html rather than the linked-in images on this forum, depending on the current MLA rules for electronic sources.

Keep in mind that the representative questions you see in the charts are responses from a group of vampires or other energy workers, and probably does not represent the attitudes of the general public about vampirism, real, folkloric, historical, or otherwise. We will have enough data, once tabulated, to help lend supporting or debunking evidence to arguments of how knowledgeable members of the community tend to be about vampire folklore and literature, and also how interested in it they are, and how much they tend to identify with it. But that data speaks only about the target community; mostly vampires and some energy workers.

However, the charts don't establish anything that would answer the question of whether the final data will indicate a community that is heavily influenced by the cultural history of vampire beliefs or fiction that everyone in our culture shares. Nor is there anything in the charts currently that could point toward the *existence* of the vampire community as a modern expression of such a thing. In fact, if the "do you consider yourself Goth" question is any sort of landmark, my guess is that the traditional assumptions about the VC that outsiders have embraced may be debunked. This may include some or all of the cultural-source hypotheses that we have addressed in the research, including classifying vampire culture as a specialized offshoot of some other subculture, and possibly making links between literature fandom or historical romanticism and the modern community. There are certainly some influences, as you can tell from the red-gray-or-black colour scheme of any vampire website, but they may or may not not go much deeper than surface aesthetics.

In other words, I'm not sure how much help our graphs will be to your topic, but I hope you find some useful stuff in there. If you need to ask any questions about it, I may be able to provide explanation via email. Just send a letter to research@vampiresurvey.com

-Zero
Merticus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merticus
post May 23 2007, 02:43 PM
Post #1

No More Grace Period Extensions – It’s Now Or Never For You To Complete The Vampirism Research Surveys

http://www.suscitatio.com

The time has come when we MUST wrap up the data collection portion of this study and move full time into the analysis phase since we have to deliver a presentation to fellow vampires and energy workers in Ohio for the House Kheperu Open House in late June and complete preliminary sample analysis for related academic projects we have been working with individuals on throughout the last few months. Currently we are at approximately 100% re-tabulations on VEWRS sample questions and 75% on tabulations on AVEWRS sample questions; and literally in a holding pattern on releasing the next batch of graphs as we'd like all surveys returned prior to such release to avoid unnecessary and time-consuming revisions. We realize it's a lot to ask, but we'd like everyone to at least attempt to finish the first survey (VEWRS) and submit to us no later than May 31, 2007 – this survey is the shorter one and takes little time to complete. Try to complete both, but if you can't, at least finish the VEWRS and e-mail it back to us at response@suscitatio.com

These surveys should be answered by all sanguinarian (blood), psi, hybrid, or living vampires, energy workers and/or healers, psions, magick practitioners, otherkin, `awakened' individuals, and anyone else who works with or manipulates psi energy or displays psychic ability!

The vampiric and energetic community response over the last two months alone has increased dramatically (some 24%) as many are finally realizing the far reaching applications and educational value of these surveys in shedding light on vampirism and energy work both as an internal tool and external empirical body of data to clarify information on vampirism and energy work circulated in similar subcultures or communities. For those who do not identify with vampirism but only that of energy work, please realize we are treating both communities independently, careful to give equal time to each, and taking time to answer the questions asked of us one by one. Countless hours have been spent thus far entering over 300,000 data points from the VC and EC in what is literally the largest study of its kind ever conducted. This data will be a record for the community to examine itself from an ethnographic and phenomenological viewpoint in more detail than ever before. Please take the time over the next week to sit down and complete these surveys - your responses are very helpful and needed more than you may realize!

Download (VEWRS & AVEWRS): http://www.suscitatio.com

Completed Surveys: response@suscitatio.com

Deadline: May 31, 2007 (We Need To Wrap The Data Collection Part Of This Study Up Once & For All – NO MORE GRACE PERIODS OR EXTENSIONS!)

Troubleshooting (Text-Only Copies - Copy/Paste Into Word Processing Program Of Your Choice):

http://www.suscitatio.com/VEWRS.htm
http://www.suscitatio.com/AVEWRS.htm

Please remember to complete surveys via the MSWord documents that may be downloaded on the front page of the main site or via the text-only copies that allow you to copy/paste text into any word processing program of your choice, "x" the choices (preferred) or delete non-applicable choices. In either case upload surveys as a file attachment (not direct text in e-mail) to:

response@suscitatio.com

Thank you for completing these surveys!

Edit Post+Quote Post
V Full Edit
V Quick Edit
Sanguinarius
post May 25 2007, 11:25 PM
Post #2

VCMB Regular

Member No.: 1,771

I just posted this to Sanguinarius News & Updates. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Sang-News/

Skin by Prettyflesh.com
--Sanguinarius
What I say or think is not law, and you are quite free to voice your own opinion without being banned or eaten!

Books to Check Out:
The Dracula Cookbook of Blood, by Ardin C. Price
Practical Vampyrism for Modern Vampyres, by Lady CG
The Ethical Psychic Vampire, by Raven Kaldera
The Psychic Vampire Codex, by Michelle Belanger
Vampires in Their Own Words: An Anthology of Vampire Voices, by Michelle Belanger

Sites to Visit:
Sanguinarius: The Vampire Support Page
#Sanguinarius IRC Channel Homepage
Sangi's Corner
---
Dreamland Gallery Gothic & Vampire Gifts & Jewelry
Sanguinarius's VampFangs Store
"The Cat Ate My Homework!" Items

+Quote Post
V Full Edit
V Quick Edit
Merticus
post Jun 1 2007, 06:55 PM
Post #3

We’d like to take this opportunity to offer our sincere gratitude to all who participated in this study over the last year. We will be releasing a variety of analysis material in the coming months once we have completed the lengthy process of data entry on the 476+ VEWRS and 238+ AVEWRS completed and returned surveys. We have approximately 320,000 individual answered questions (data points) that we have to enter into SPSS (statistical analysis program) by hand as well as hundreds of written pages of questions and mini-essays to evaluate and group through a qualitative process – in other words don’t expect us to magically be done overnight. Once we have completed data entry and move into the analysis phase all updates may be found at http://www.suscitatio.com

Those who sent their surveys within the last 24 hours please note as long as you received a "receipt confirmation" we have in fact accepted your return - same goes for any stragglers that may still be coming into us (this is directed to those who expressed intent of finishing the surveys this weekend {June 1st-3rd} who otherwise could not make the deadline). If for any reason you were unable to complete the surveys due to technical problems of any sort please e-mail us at research@suscitatio.com and describe the problem (keep in mind the surveys are available in text-only format under the “Troubleshooting” red box on the web site). We are willing to work with you one-on-one to solve the problem and provide you a means to complete these surveys if you encountered any difficulty you could not overcome.

The next major presentation regarding this study will be Saturday, June 23, 2007 in Medina, Ohio for the House Kheperu Open House (www.kheperu.org - “Gatherings” on navigation bar). Everyone is welcome to attend and the presentation will concern a Community overview, preliminary data findings, discussion on methodology, and additional analysis on both the sanguine and psi community with secondary focus on energy workers. Future presentations will be given both locally in Atlanta, GA and in other areas as opportunities present, however, the majority of the material will be available online and eventually in published format.

Thank you again to all those who lent their time to this important study!

research@suscitatio.com

This post has been edited by Merticus: Jun 2 2007, 10:49 AM

Edit Post+Quote Post
V Full Edit
V Quick Edit
sa3r3t
post Jun 1 2007, 08:18 PM
Post #4

VCMB Denizen

Member No.: 2,616

I tried to do the survey, but it wouldnt work. I will try again, but I doubt it will work, since this is the third time.

"Unable to open graphics conversion filter. Continue with document conversion?"

> = |

+Quote Post
V Full Edit
V Quick Edit
Merticus
post Jun 2 2007, 01:32 AM
Post #5

Troubleshooting (as listed on site & in posts):

http://www.suscitatio.com/VEWRS.htm
http://www.suscitatio.com/AVEWRS.htm

These are the links to the text only surveys (HTML) - you can copy/paste this text into any word processor, any e-mail program, or any other method you wish without any conversion or other problems. Simply "X", delete, or otherwise mark the selected choices per question.

Completed Surveys: response@suscitatio.com

Questions: research@suscitatio.com

This post has been edited by Merticus: Jun 2 2007, 01:33 AM

Edit Post+Quote Post
V Full Edit
V Quick Edit
allybis
post Jun 27 2007, 10:22 AM
Post #6

VCMB Regular

Member No.: 2,703

Anyone get the June 2007 charts yet?

Skin by Prettyflesh.com
Found.

"What kind of ****ery is this?... What kind of ****ery are You?"- Amy Winehouse, "Me & Mr. Jones".

+Quote Post
V Full Edit
V Quick Edit
Amikeco
post Jun 27 2007, 10:30 AM
Post #7

Hopeless VCMB Junkie

Member No.: 1,679

I just got it sent via mail, and will have a look at it later. smile.gif

Skin by Prettyflesh.com
Zwölf zünftige Zipfelmützenzwerge, die auf zwölf Tannenzapfen saßen, aßen zweihundertzweiundzwanzig blaue Zwetschgen. Als sie die zweihundertzweiundzwanzig Zwetschgen gegessen hatten, sagte Zwerg Zwuckel zu Zwerg Zwockel "mich zwickt's im Bauch", darauf antwortete Zwerg Zwockel zu Zwerg Zuckel "mich auch".

+Quote Post
V Full Edit
V Quick Edit
LilyRain
post Jun 27 2007, 01:29 PM
Post #8

Group: Sanguinarian
Member No.: 2,690

I got em, and got to take a look at them early this morning. Very interesting and promising results.

-L

Skin by Prettyflesh.com
http://www.postawakening.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Vampirism & Energy Work Research Center All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: