Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Don Henrie - Survey Inquiry

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Vampirism & Energy Work Research Center
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merticus
Site Admin & Founding Member

Game Trophies:  1

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Don Henrie - Survey Inquiry Reply with quote

Hello. I'm one of the administrators on Don Henrie's website. We've had quite a few members seeking information and recommendation regarding your survey.

Is there any way you could help us to responsibly recommend participation by our members? I suppose that what we're looking for is someone's name, affiliated houses, or references.

Mr. Henrie is interested but doesn't feel that the information provided is enough to garnish a recommendation for participation. I hope you can help shed a little more light on the subject.

Please contact either myself or Don Henrie regarding this matter. And note that including him in your top 8, is very close to implying an endorsement (which does not exist at the moment). We would like to help out if possible but really need some more information.

With respect,

Mleep, TVD Administrator

Response:

First allow me to apologize for the delay in responding to your message.

The VEWRS is a self-contained or inclusive document with all pertinent information residing either within the survey itself or at www.vampiresurvey.com. Due in large part to complex ethical and commonly held guidelines in research methodology we do not encourage "endorsements" of the survey nor seek them on any particular web site. This is not to say we don't mind the posting of the link to the site or discussion, however, the purpose of this research is to avoid bias within the community with universal application. For this reason we have now elected on MySpace to remove the AVA affiliation with the VEWRS from the profile. While we drafted and financially sponsor the VEWRS we in no way intend to imply any other direct correlation between our House and the survey - we are not doing this for personal notoriety or profit. The VEWRS is written under the premise of uniting the community under a common ideology of knowledge rather than advocate divided paths, affiliations, or sang/psi/other ascension beliefs - logic and selflessness usurping emotions and politics. A number of individuals worked on the question formation of this survey from both affiliated and solitary paths since late 2005 and we regularly remain in contact with Michelle, Todd, CG, Sangi - Houses (HDH, HotD, HDR, Kheperu, etc.) and sites such as NOX, S&M, Further Down, DE, etc. House AVA is an independent non-affiliated but universally accepting house that routinely attends events such as Black Atlantis, Black Oaks, EN, and other gatherings - several of us will actually be at House Kheperu's Open House in Ohio this weekend. We also have House members who belong to Don Henrie's Forum such as Lady Andarael (Andarael_Bloodheart). Pending further communication we have removed Don from our top eight on MySpace. We assure you no endorsement was intended, only the specter of recognition with the community and respect for his contributions. For more information regarding the background of the survey please read below and visit the main web site at www.vampiresurvey.com - Purpose, etc. sections.

Additional Information:

The final release comprises 379 questions, covering 11 primary categories, and spans 74 pages. We realize this survey is lengthy, and that it calls for a serious investment of time and thought. Over four months of development and 80+ hours of editing and review have gone into the writing of the survey. We have done our best to put together questions which, when answered by members of the community, will help provide answers to questions that vampires have been asking for years, and will allow our community to be understood better by others. This is a rare chance for those who are willing to put forth the effort to benefit the entire community. This is an effort by the community and for the community - no loyalty of affiliation, bias, or preferential consideration is taken into account in the pursuance of this community study. The results of the survey will be published in late 2006 or early 2007 as an expansive academic study.

The purpose of the VEWRS is to establish baseline research of the entire community for both independent academia and from which to draft more advanced and specifics topics or theories regarding vampirism and energy work/manipulation. While drafting the VEWRS we simultaneously have been drafting a shorter but far more advanced explorative survey of specific traits, practices, beliefs, and energy/psi abilities. It was decided that these additional questions be removed from the main VEWRS for several reasons: In the interest of not alienating many in the community who possess only a rudimentary understanding of certain concepts, to not invoke arguments on controversial topics at this stage of research, and overall to avoid misrepresentative response data. This particular survey and case-study/interview format study will be released on a smaller scale after August 1, 2006.

If you have any further questions feel free to contact us at: research@atlantavampirealliance.com Thank you for your time and what you do for our community.

- Merticus
www.vampiresurvey.com
www.atlantavampirealliance.com
www.merticus.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Merticus

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Response From Don:

Date: May 3, 2006 4:09 AM
Subject: RE: In Response To Mleep - Regarding Survey

Greetings,

After careful review and consideration upon the subject matter, the aire of apprehension is lifted...

"Put me back on your top eight." LOL

I have been away from the access of internet for several weeks now as I am in the middle of a residence change. I look forward to further communication.

~Don-Henrie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Merticus

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Response From Mleep:

Merticus,

Thank you for your kind and thorough response. I am very interested in your
project and look forward to reading the resulting publication.

I am very familiar with many of those you mentioned pertaining to their
involvement. Thank you for this information.

Since originally contacting you, I have again looked over the survey, your
accompanying site, and have heard favorably from Michelle. I too plan to
attend her event if at all possible. If not, I will contact you again soon
via email.

I will also provide Don with all the information and I'm sure you will hear
from him soon. Please know that I meant no incrimination when mentioning the
myspace top 8 notation and appreciate your handling of the situation.

Thank you for your assistance, best wishes with your project, and thank YOU
for YOUR continuing work within our fine yet often fragmented community.

Respectfully,

Eleanor (mleep)
TVD forum administrator
Merticus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mleep
Aug 16, 2006 - 08:34 AM
Administrator

In the past, we did not put the link to this survey on the site.

We will leave it up for now, for consideration.

The Administration of TVD neither advocates nor rejects this project.

It's for you to decide whether or not to participate.

Use your best judgement.

"Pretenses go a great way with men that take fair words and magisterial looks for current payment." -L'Estrange
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Vampirism & Energy Work Research Center All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: