Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

vamps, weres, and body sense

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Therianthropy & Were
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zero
Founding Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: vamps, weres, and body sense Reply with quote

I was wondering about this for a while, and the discussion on the similarities of weres and vampires brought it to mind.

Although vampires and weres have some commonalities and some overlap in certain traits, one of the things that vampires don't ever seem to talk about is the misplaced sense of their own bodies that both weres and Otherkin discuss fairly often.

Some folks have said that they can identify weres because their energy body either shifts between forms, displays animal traits, or is actually the shape of that person's animal-side. Some Otherkin can similarly be identified by the non-human characteristics of their energy bodies.

Vampires don't talk about this as a personal experience very much, and I doubt it's anywhere near as dramatic as what weres and otherkin get, but I do wonder if there is something similar that some vampires experience, where the shape of the mental self, the energy body, or the sensed self doesn't quite match up to the physical form.

I had been treating this, like shifting, as a main line of demarcation between the nebulous categories of "vampire" and "were," as something that definitely marked a person as one or the other. But I realized that I had this stereotype of body sense as being "mismatched" in weres and Otherkin, but never in vampires, but I'd never even seen the question addressed by vampries.
Auras

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm....i'm never thought about that...or heard it before... but it sounds possible...but what shape would a vampire's energy self or aura take...?
sethnunmin
House Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Zero. I've 'seen' or sensed energy bodies of weres, otherkin and vamps and have to agree with your hypothesis about the difference.

Vamp energy bodies generally do not shift, at least not as much as with weres and otherkin.

And whereas otherkin energy signatures are different than most and can even resemble their origin 'specie', they are still rather stable.

Were signatures are flexible/reactive; energy surges are common and shifting patterns, frequencies and planes are not always controllable.

~Seth
Merticus
Site Admin & Founding Member

Game Trophies:  1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree as well and would like to see this along with some other topics included in the followup survey.
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never felt out of place in my body. I'm sure it's where I should be.

Having heard similar topics tossed around on other forums related to weres it does make ya wonder.
zero
Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't feel that my body isn't some place that I oughtn't be, and in fact I've spent years training physically in martial arts of various sorts - I'm probably better off in my skin than most ordinary people are.

I was more wondering about the ability of others to identify vampires by the sight or feel of the vamp's energy body, and curious as to the fact that no one ever mentions any vampiric "giveaways" in terms of form. Several weres have said that they recognize vampires by the telltale pattern of high activity at the surface of the energy body contrasted with a "black hole" or very empty feeling in the center. However, I haven't heard that aside from a select few sources.

Some human energy workers can "just tell" that what they're looking at is a vamp, but I've never heard why they think that.

I've heard that some energy workers have misidentified vampries as being humans in very poor health, which is interesting - that they might use the perceived sickness condition to possibly pick us out.

But with all the other types of 'kin, there are energy body differences. It would be cool to collect some data on what the verifiable, reproducable perceptions of vampires are across multiple types of sensitive people.
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean then how regular energy workers percieve us as opposed to us perceiving each other?

I perceive other vamps as being vamps based simply on the "feel" of thier energy. The black hole you mentioned is present in varying degrees based on when the vamp has last consumed energy of a significant amount. But what usually makes me identify the newly awakened is that "sucking" feeling you get when you are around them because they don't know how to stop it or contain it so that it stops to any extent.

Those who know how to control thier energy like us in AVA, whom I know personally, I identify based on the way I "feel" the energy pattern or aura that surrounds us. Now, even if that aura isn't something I can physically see, it's still there enough to give me a peception of the energy being stored usually in the stomach area ironically... Anyway, it swirls around kinda like our logo does with a defined center.. which is the reason I liked our logo so much, LOL.

But there are some who are older, talking about those who are more advanced in thier vampirism, not in actual years, have a way, perhaps shielding or hiding (not blocking, but cloaking, kinda), that blocks me from perceiving at all, which sets off my "suspicious" alarm, and then I pilfer around until I figure it out, usually causing them to come ask me what I think I'm doing, which verifies to a certain degree that I'm either right and they are vamp, or they are just some sort of otherkin.

Now, for some reason, I can identify vamps easily enough, but everything else, outside of normal human energy, seems vague in the sense, I know its different, and that it's more than human, but I don't know one from the other...

Have I made any sense whatsoever?
gothik

Game Trophies:  1
Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its fascinating to hear the "black hole" description is used by weres about vampires. I remember when I first saw one in me. It was between my chest and my navel (figure roughly solar plexus). I think its still there but its changed somehow. It isn't so "starved for energy" like it was when I first saw it. Perchance this is a good thing.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Therianthropy & Were All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: