Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Chaos magick?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Chaos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Chaos magick? Reply with quote

What types of things do you consider chaos magick?

Would you consider a binding spell as chaos magick?
Xaphaniel

Game Trophies:  5
Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm before i was fairmilar wit the works of chaos a found that spell work worked fine but as i read through i found that working with energy and how energy is formed worked alot beter for example instead of going through an spell in its 3 page entirity i would break it down to mantras for self gratification or self improvment.
then i found that why should i pay out moeny for ritual tools when the tools are already with me
then came time working in a chaos context working behind my self then infront of my self so became more diverse in how i was working but all spells can be added to chaos but probably in a differing maner

one of the best binding works i have seen was when i was being taught and guided through my first trials in chaos by a now good freind one of the guys he worked with ran a local group and with in the group someone was paying a little to much attention to his teenage daughter he camly took his tarot deck and shuffled it drew out a card that represented the said person and then wrappd it up in twine reciting a mantra around 10 minutes later the guy was lying there on the couch feeling drained and lathargic it was explained to him what had happend he appologised and after that didnt rejoin the group but an effective working all in all and a leasson not to mess with a mages daughter

Xaph
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly was the mantra? I'd love to know... That's pretty nifty tho. I am gonna have to brush up by the time my daughter is of dating age I guess.. LOL>
Xaphaniel

Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the mantra i cant remember to hand hun but theres simpler ways to make them through liber null if you dont have it i can forward you a nexample but even something like taking the first and lst letter from the words it loses all context and works as well just a wee tip if your on the move with things

Xaph

exapmple

i bind you energy (as a simple aproach)

in o nerg (its shortend and lost its meaning to the counsiouse mind)
TheWisp

Game Trophies:  1
Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Chaos magick? Reply with quote

Eclecta wrote:
What types of things do you consider chaos magick?

I'd say that chaos magic is more of a paradigm than anything else, so most anything could fall under it. In other words, whatever you could do in high magic, "low" magic, shamanism, etc. you can do in chaos magic. To rephrase - chaos magic is another language, so it looks different, but you can get the same ideas across. Now then, chaos magic, to me:
  • relies on a probabilistic rather than deterministic view of the universe; some believe in perfect cause and effect, while in chaos magic it's more suggestion and influence
  • suggests sleight of mind and gnosis, i.e. suppression or befuddling of the discriminating, conscious mind, rather than focusing on the target; some believe that focus on the goal is paramount in spellcraft
  • suggests that nothing/everything is sacred, including belief; a chaote is encouraged to borrow at will and toss things aside when they no longer help with the goal
This obviously doesn't characterize it fully as it intentionally resists codification, but it's the general sense that I get from it and it's what I use to recognize it.

Eclecta wrote:
Would you consider a binding spell as chaos magick?

I would, if it were done in a certain way. I've never considered doing one, but I could certainly imagine the way it might go for a chaote.

Interestingly, I'm working on an unbinding spell at the moment. The idea being that we're tied down by old habits, thoughts, patterns, and prejudices - as real a binding as any produced by a spell. Perhaps I'll post it here when I'm finished with it.
Xaphaniel

Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can totaly agree with you wisp on choas being something that can fit comfterbly over most if not any system of magick and it makes things so much more open for variation

the binding i mentioed ok it wasent techniqaly the choas pictorial binding but in alot of ways i am still trying to get that one added to my online teaching methods microsoftpaint isnt always the easiest to get on with

i am intrested on you mentioning an unbinding for habits and ways of thinking there is a method already out there by a LHP system of mind set change to get away from things such as you have mentioned unfortunatly i think its only the writte nwork thats left around the place still looking for the second half thats disapeard

Xaph
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Chaos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: