Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Astral Plane

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> General Energetic / Magick / Occult Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LadyAnara

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Donors and the like Reply with quote

Ask yourselves this: Why do people automatically assume all vampires feed on donors?

I don't have a donor, as for the most part I feed on energy, such as astral and elemental energy. When i say astral energy. I don't mean i go astral and suck on someone's lifeforce. I mean I astral and feed off the astral plane itself. Etherical energies are plentiful, as is elemental energies. It also brings me closer too Source or the Divine.

When I do feed on blood, it's not "mortal/human" It's kin or vampyric that i feed from, and you know we are more than willing normally.
Of course this leads too the mimic of me taking (and making a copy, its why i call it mimic) any other various abilities from people but thats a plus in my book.

I just don't like the way human blood, nor animal blood tastes. I've gotten to the point where if i eat real meat (non soy) I'll feel very sick. I won't get sick but its terrible. Rare, meduim, meduim well, well done..doesn't matter. animal blood is disgusting.
Blood Haven Coven / House of The twilight Shadow
http://theancientsmirror.magickalforest.com/hots
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maloryn
House Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Donors and the like Reply with quote

LadyAnara wrote:
Ask yourselves this: Why do people automatically assume all vampires feed on donors?

Well, I was primarily looking for other Sang's to speak up (which failed as most here seem to be strict Psi's) and by definition a Sang sort of has to have a donor...

Ehran V
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most are aware that we don't always feed on donors. We sometimes cannot simply because we do not have a donor at the time.

I am familar with the astral feedings. I think it was just last night I was asking at our meeting if it is ethical or not to just suck the energy from whatever is in the astral realm. Do we know where this energy comes from? Perhaps its a person waiting to reincarnate... and does it know its being fed on... does it care?

I think I am way off topic here.. maybe we should split this thread and use it seperately...
Arcane

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, this maybe isn’t strictly to the subject. Or maybe it is, I don’t know.

I took Eclecta’s advice to try feeding in the Astral Plane. It was my first foray there, in this life. When I arrived, there was like a 'sitting circle' of beings all around me. I inquired who they were and why they were there. They each in turn told me their purpose but nothing else. Some were there to guard me, others to watch, and 3 to kill me if I tried to leave the immediate area.

My mentor says this is not a normal first encounter in the Astral. Apparently I have gone there before in prior lives.

I guess I have 2 questions. First, has anyone else had these types of beings pestering them? And second, can I feed directly on the Astral plane’s energies without going there, or is it something is particular I need to feed on from there?

Thanks!

-Arcane

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zero
Founding Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcane wrote:

My mentor says this is not a normal first encounter in the Astral. Apparently I have gone there before in prior lives.

I guess I have 2 questions. First, has anyone else had these types of beings pestering them? And second, can I feed directly on the Astral plane’s energies without going there, or is it something is particular I need to feed on from there?

Thanks!

-Arcane

Um, I don't think that's normal! However, I've seen vampires fairly often say that they have strange or unique encounters with other beings during astral travel. In particular, more than a few people have reported meeting beings which claimed to be vampires, who tried to control or direct the vampire in question. I'm not an astral journey expert, but it seems to me that those beings are just as capable of opportunistic lying as the rest of us. Just cause they say that's their purpose doesn't mean it's the truth, or the whole truth.

Astral beings seem to be pretty aware of people who use magick, energy manipulators, and vampires in general, and newly awakened vampries tend to attract lots of spiritual attention. These guys might pull the same crap with all the vampires they come across.
Arcane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero,

Thank you for the information.

I guess I really need to stop being so trusting. It’s just that I am tired of the intrigue and subterfuge. Perhaps I do myself a disservice by accepting everyone at face value. I can see why so many people of power tend to be jaded and attack first. Perhaps I am just tired of the war, and it hasn’t even really begun.

You indicate that there is a great deal of conflict. Is there a thread on the board somewhere that deals in vampires and combat? Any ideas on defense and offense using vampiric abilities could be helpful. Also, is it likely that I will be assaulted by other vampires? I don’t know if we attack our own kinfolk. In general, I guess the question is what should I expect?

Thanks!

-Arcane

cathmael

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be careful with the Others. They have every good and bad intent that we have and some we haven't thought of yet.
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that definately was not a normal encounter..

I have never been spoken to in words in the astral. I get more pictures, feelings, ideas, etc.., when I'm there.. but never have I ever had a conversation with them..

But I never thought to ask anyone else if they were ever spoken too. I just never thought about it.

When I'm there I usually are sneaking around, is the best way to put it. I don't try to engage conversation and I am really careful.. I guess I have heard alot of horror stories... LOL[/list]
Kiera
Founding Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I know that one of the first question that the curious ask me regarding vampires, tend to involve feedings and donors. I am often asked if I have a donor or would like one. What I look for in screening a donor for feeding. Usually they are referring to Blood Donors because of the Hollywood Stereotypes.

In my opinion, feeding and donors is every vampire's personal preference. As with all human diets, there are vegans, vegitarians, those on a kosher diet, high carb, low carb, high protein diets... the list is endless.

People have to find out what suits their particular body types, nutritional needs, metabolism and lifestyles. I believe there are infinite variations on Vampiric feeding as well. We all have differing needs and preferences.

Working in the medical field, I am well aware of safety screening for donors and I am very particular in choosing a donor to indulge my sang nature with. It is not something I take lightly and thus I do not often feed from blood.

I have had an energy donor in the past, but it did not involve Astral feeding. I have read that Dream Walking is feeding from the Astral plane while asleep, usually upon a sleeping person. And that the person fed upon from the Astral Plane may remember the experience as a dream, even a nightmare.

As far as feeding from the Astral Plane on Astral Beings... it seems a little far fetched to me... but I suppose it could be possible. It just seems there would be little energy to be gained between two uncorporal entities on such a plane.

Kiera
zero
Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcane: It's not much intel, but what the hey - yer welcome!

I'd say that the natural state of every time, place, and world that I can think of is based around conflict. There ARE folks out there who are nice and want to help; I think of cooperation and beneficience as ways that beings and societies manage conflict, not the "opposite" of states of conflict, as most people would think. We help each other so that we can make each other stronger for the BIG fight that's probably waiting for us down the road. ("there's always a boom tomorrow.")

In my opinion, you should not expect vampires to just attack you for no reason. Most I ever got in a non-friendly encounter was someone testing my shields and then stalking off to a comfortable distance. Keep in mind that vampires do not have rules, just manners and ethics. Some people might get a bug up their butt and attack. Others would want to meet you and have fun, and possibly get tacos. The Atlanta crowd is more like the second type. (mmm.. tacos..)

Our energy offends some less dark-tolerant people, and I think that statistically we probably get attacked by over-enthused Wiccans more than any other physical type of being.

Awakening psychic vampires can appear very powerful and, unshielded, could attract Astral parasites or aggressors. Once we get good at shielding (first thing I ever learned, boy howdy!) that straightens itself out. Our city especially has a lot of random spiritual activity, and most of it is more alien than aggressive. They get curious about us and their attention can seem like an attack, but it's not.

So that covers the usual suspects. Vampire combat classes? I love the idea. Never really thought of it. There's no school to go to, and no vamp-specific combat techniques that I know are being taught to the public vampire community. Basically, get a good shielding technique. Or three. It goes a very long way in terms of stealth, defense and avoidance.
Arcane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zero wrote:

I'd say that the natural state of every time, place, and world that I can think of is based around conflict.

I'd hope that it wasn't the case. I'd like to believe that people are generally friendly. Maybe I'm too optimistic.

zero wrote:

We help each other so that we can make each other stronger for the BIG fight that's probably waiting for us down the road. ("there's always a boom tomorrow.")

Funny that this is what my forum, Ancients Online, is about.

zero wrote:

Vampire combat classes? I love the idea. Never really thought of it. There's no school to go to, and no vamp-specific combat techniques that I know are being taught to the public vampire community. Basically, get a good shielding technique. Or three. It goes a very long way in terms of stealth, defense and avoidance.

I have some shielding. I've been attacked maybe 5 times this month so far. Maybe 10 times since awakening. I say maybe because it's hard to know sometimes if its an attack.

It's been my experience that if we want something, its easier to create it, than to wait for someone else to do it. I'd love to help put together 'Vampire combat classes'. However, as I don't know much about vampiric abilities yet, I'd only be able to contribute non-vampiric concepts in the beginning.

-Arcane

Malhavoc's

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1)Hollywood is a Strong force to be reckoned with, they support we all need blood, so its commen for everyone to think we need donors...

2) I've astrall traveleed myself, a few Times, However its usualy to meet with someone, and I never stray to far, or stay too long. I get a sense of uneasyness. I also have never tried feeding off any beings, never even thought about it actualy. Usualy I am thinking about leaving as soon as I arrive. lol.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> General Energetic / Magick / Occult Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: