Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

The Hybrid theory

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> General Vampire Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malcaius

Game Trophies:  3
Hall Of Fame Member
View My Character

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: The Hybrid theory Reply with quote

The Hybrid theory?
by Malcaius Davin

The political climate of the OVC:
Recently in the OVC there has been a massive debate on vampiric classifications, which has created a most unstable political climate in our community. once again people are drawing lines in the sand, and whats worse the so called leaders of our communities are only to willing to help fan the flames of a new separatist society.

The parties involved are as follows:

The Psi movement: this is a fast growing group of Psi vampires through out the community who believe that Sang's are inferior vampires, who either are faking poser's who use their blood fetishes to make them look like vampires, or are just helpless vampires to weak to learn to psi feed. They push this view of theirs on everyone who will listen and become very aggressive to those who wont even going so far as to trying to force their sang brothers to realize the error of their ways and learn to feed on energy. unfortunately this is one of the larger movements in the vampire community at the moment and has gathered the support of some of the more famous of our kind who believe themselves to be the guiding force behind our community, among these is the publishers of the Black veil. The recent Version of the Black Veil (3.0) published and supported by the Sanguinarium (aka the ordo Strigoi vii) actively shuns blood drinking and those who practice it as stated here in this extract.

Quote:
["TENET III: THE METAPHOR OF BLOOD

Strigoi Vii view Blood as a symbol and metaphor of the subtle life-force, better known as prana, chi or ki. We extend this Blood metaphor also to symbolize the ties of the greater Strigoi Vii Family. We are not wanna-bes, seduced by the Glamour of fiction and Hollywood, who consume physical blood. To satisfy Our spiritual hunger We know other more refined and higher forms of feeding, which We find much more efficient, and which sustain Our Mysteries. This creates a clear avoidance of legal liabilities and health risks such as blood-borne diseases including Hepatitis, Syphilis, HIV/AIDS, etc. Strigoi Vii simply cannot tolerate blood drinking as We, Living Vampyres, do not drink physical human blood for the purpose of experiencing Our Mysteries and fueling Zhep'r."

© Copyright 1997-2007 The Sanguinarium, all rights reserved. The Black Veil is a trademark of SABRETOOTH. Permission granted to reproduce in while without modification.]

This kind of attitude only serves to create more tension and hostilities in the community and sadly many people are taking it to heart.

The Sanguinariun movement: An older movement within the community but still as bigoted as the psi group, they believe that Psi's are completely posers and fakers who just wanted to find a way to call themselves vampires without having to drink blood. they hold that blood drinkers are the only true real vampires and do not even support the idea of hybrids, psi is a lie and thats their bottom line. the anti psi sangs have been in decline for a long time and also lack the celebrity support of the psi movement but doesn't make them any less steadfast and pigheaded than their opposites.

The anarchist movement: These vampires don't care about the political battle between sangs and Psi's but also believe that the vampire community at large is not necessary and that it should be disbanded, that vampires should go back to being self sufficient and out of the light of public interest. they are small in number and mostly consist of those solitary vampires who don't care.

The community movement: not truly a group but more my way of labeling those who believe more in the greater good of the community as a whole, these vampires support both sang and psi vampires and shun the separatist ideals of the anti sang and anti psi groups. they are the most likely to voice the ideals of common sense versus drama, believing that neither sangs or Psi's are superior but both are valid forms of vampirisum and that the community as a whole needs to agree to get along and support the diversity of its members. they support the sharing of knowledge and education of the young and misguided who come to the community looking for answers, they tend to welcome open and friendly debate and weigh all sides of an opinion before deciding if it should be considered acceptable or just plain BS. thankfully many of the community fall into this category and try to avoid the drama that comes from those who seek to split the community or force the removal of members because of the way they feed.

The Unificationists: a small and mostly idealistic group who believe they community needs to become one solid whole putting aside its vast difference's of opinion and work to wards some greater good, they like the community movement believe in the sharing of knowledge and the education of the vampire youth, they seek to remove the myth's and bring only truth, while also setting up a network of support both on-line and in real life for all vampires. sadly the idea while great is long off or will never happen, and these cause's stress among those who want it, some believing that it will take many generations and the other believing that people just are not working hard enough to make things happen.

As you can see the political climate of our community is as varied, turbulent and ridiculous as that of our mundane cousins, the infighting between Psi's and Sang's could be likened to the bitter turmoil of the crusades tho thankfully without the bloodshed. many of you are asking by now what does this have to do with the Hybrid theory, basically before i can go into my theory on hybrids i have to give you my readers a picture of the state of affairs that led me to work on this theory of mine.

The Theory: Hybrids
Hybrids are vampires who have learned or adapted to feed from more than one source vampiricly the mixes are as diverse as the personalities of the community, from sang dominant / psi secondary and vice versa. to date i personally know of the following types of feeding and there are so many different combinations of these as there is flavors of kool-aid.

Sang, Psi, Tartaric, Tactile, Emotional, Elemental, Sexual, and Spiritual

I know people with only one dominant and one secondary, people with multiple secondaries and even people who have balanced dominant needs.
Some vampires believe Hybrids are the future of vampirisum, some believe them to be a weaker breed of vampire lacking the ability to sustain them self through one source and some even believe they are merely posers and that the idea of a hybrid is a joke.

I believe it is neither of these things as i will explain later on, first we must look at how Hybrid vampires come to be.

Some speculate the hybrids are created when a vampire is unable to feed by they're usual form of feeding for example blood and the body goes through a stressful adaptation (forced secondary awakening) to allow them to feed another way to get the some sustenance until they can once again feed the way they were meant to, in the case of a sang dominant this would produce a energy absorption secondary for example Psi. from this point on tho the sang vampire needs and feeds from blood if he becomes unable to due to lack of donor he can again fall back to the Psi feeding.

Another theory is that hybrids awaken to a hunger for multiple forms of feeding and that in time they learn to balance these hungers and discover which is dominant and which is secondary, usually by testing to see which they have to feed more often to remain sustained and satisfied.

both of these theories work on the idea that the awakening, the process in which vampires come into their nature and begin along the path of their true nature is a momentary trial that last for a set period of time and then ends with the finished result of the young freshly awakened vampire being completely what he is and always will be vampiricly unless of course his/her body forces another traumatic awakening due to starvation.

My Theory works on the continued awakening theory, the continued awakening is the idea that the awakening process although brutal at the beginning never truly ends, it merely becomes more bearable as we learn, adapt, grow and most importantly feed the hunger given to us in the onset of this irreversible process. As the vampire lives and learns more about his vampiric nature and the world around them they continue to adapt as their body process's the experiences and unlocks more of what they are, it is also a different process for each and every vampire. some will gain in abilities, some will become stronger in those faculties they already posses, and some will gain new hungers and the abilities required to feed them.

Some changes will be subtle, some vampires may be awakened to more than one thing at a time, some may go so long between adaptations that they may not realize the process has been ongoing the whole time. i do not believe any vampire is awakened into the final product they are to be, there is always room for adaptation and growth, weather mentally, physically or spiritually the process is unending and should be embraced and most importantly nurtured.

So the Hybrid by my theory is just a normal vampire who has awakened progressively to accommodate differing hungers and needs within their bodies and minds, that we vampires are all one and the same despite our differing hungers and abilities, and that we are all better off if we work together and help one another as we adapt and learn more about our selves and our vampiric nature.

Sang's, Psi's, Hybrids and all other forms of vampirisum, have to remember that we are in this together and we need to work together instead of against one another over silly thing like difference's in feeding. no one is better, were all brothers and sisters on the same path, the vampiric nature within us doesn't care about these things it will not stop, it will not tire and it is the one thing we all seek to understand so lay down your arms, your bitter words and let us be a community undivided in our quest for truth, knowledge and a better way of life for all vampire kind.

thank you for your time
Malcaius Davion - Nox poetry Moderator and a former founding member of House Phoenix Ressurrectus

All views and opinions within this article except those credited to external sources are my views alone and not the views of the administration or community at sanguinox or any other community in which this article has been posted. i take full responsibility and all criticism and scorn to wards the article should be directed at me alone and no other external party.

© Copyright Malcaius Davion 2007, this article may be reproduced without alteration with permission of the author

external source credits:
The Black veil - © Copyright 1997-2007 The Sanguinarium, all rights reserved. The Black Veil is a trademark of SABRETOOTH.
RedRaven
House Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well written Mal. Bravo.
Malhavoc's

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well written, lets hope those of the factionists take that to heart.

I do not log on enough or am part of any comunity in my area enough to be effected by these sub culture movements but it is still saddaning to see
Maloryn
House Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow there are a lot of Mals on these days.

---Mal

---er, Mal the House Member and former Bearer of the Wise and Benevolent Coat, not to be confused with the Mal who wrote the article or the first Mal who commented on it...

PS " ... and I beheld a Legion of Mals all proclaiming something with far too many multisyllabic words and the masses fell into fits as they lacked the vocabulary to understand what was said unto them, for the silly bipeds still didn't understand that even though you are smarter than the masses and can manipulate them, you have to speak in small words to incite them to proper riot."
-Second Book of Coat, Chapter IV verse 3
zero
Founding Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: agreed Reply with quote

Creating categorical divisions is pretty counterproductive when we all know so very little about ourselves and the entire phenomenon of being what we are. Since we can't even define psi energy at the moment, why should we go making theories about what is "really" going on when we hybrid, sang, or psi feed? We know a little more than the Muggles of the world, and so we think that in that knowledge gap, everything is covered. We're like kids who just learned to read - we've got one up on the illiterates, but we've not yet been to the library. There's a whole world out there waiting for us to get clever enough to figure it out, and we won't do that by dicking around with feel-good theories about how some of us are better than others.

BTW- I know one true thing about unification - whoever's idea it is, they see themselves in charge. No one ever wants to unify all factions under someone else's banner. Bad for business, and don't fall for it. It always looks like a good idea at the time, but rarely turns out to be.

In my experience, unification of the community is impossible because vampires are allergic to consensus, and barring consensus, we're also tragically born without the capacity for blind obedience. It's a handicap in today's world, but we're real troopers about it.

-z
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> General Vampire Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: