Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Pattern Vampyrism

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> General Vampire Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maloryn
House Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Pattern Vampyrism Reply with quote

I've been meaning to post this for a time, apologies for both the tardiness of this article and the changes of tense and active vs. passive voice, it’s cut and paste from a variety of things I’ve done in the past ... I’ll try to clean it up in a bit, but wanted to get it up before I let it slip again.

Hope it makes sense.

Ehran V

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pattern Vampyrism – the feeding from a recurring donor from within the “surface tension” of their “auric shell”.

The discussion of pranic vampyrism often brings up the topic of the why's and wherefores of the infamous "need to feed".
Everyone has their opinions on the different types of vampyrism, but I often see little from the Sang side of things in comparison to the psy.
As a functional psy, but far more "comfortable" Sang, I wonder a bit more on the subtle differences.
Many psy think of Sang vampyrism as more of a mental crutch, but I would counter that Sang Vamps can make far more efficient use of drawn energy when they apply themselves.
I think in many cases what it comes down to is the pranic variance which requires the vampyrism itself.
This may require a bit of reexamination of one's definition of vampyrism, so bear with me a bit on this.

Vampyrism, at the basest level, is an inefficiency in the homeostasis of the vampyre on an energy level.
This is generally regarded as a deficiency, as few can attest to seeing vampyres with too much energy.

I would disagree with this as I have seen at least two cases where someone "beacon"ed as a vampyre and seem to have issues both containing and drawing their energy.

This is one reason I tend to think of vampyrism as "pranic diabetes" as it can swing or sway both up and down the pendulum of energy extremes, much like one's blood sugar level in traditional diabetes.
Again, bear with the metaphor a bit and you will see where it pans out to something arguable.

Vampyric feeding to maintain homeostasis breaks down further into three basic areas:

1. Frequency of feeding (self explanatory, but yes, how often you have to feed)
2. Efficiency of feeding (the energy loss of the donor verses the energy gain of the vampyre)
3. Efficiency of Pranic Homeostasis (how long the energy persists and it's usefulness in other energy work)

Many might believe that 1. & 3. are one and the same, but I would refute that assessment as I’ve noticed it is generally Psy’s who think this way and they don’t have a Sang point of view on things.
Psy vampyres on “lower ranges” almost never stop feeding. Whether it’s from intense emotional interaction with others, or just “background energy” – when energy is in the air, Psy’s draw it in.
Sang’s on the other hand, even those who have Psy tendencies, are usually more “closed” to ambient energy than Psy’s. The act of feeding often opens not only the energy channels of the donor, but those of the Sang themselves.
Sangs who feed via blood drawing are often sated far longer and have far more “rich” energy than those who feed via psychic vampyrism, though many Psy’s might (and I don’t doubt, will) argue this point.
Before arguing the point, however, I would query the Psy’s on this: what has been your most intense / longest-lasting feeding?
Most likely it was a very intimate feeding from a loved one or significant other or a feeding done on an incredibly personal level.

The reason for this is that when one feeds on such a level, one draws more than just pranic energy from the donor, but one draws what is essentially aspects of their aural pattern into that of the vampyre.
This “pattern vampyrism” if done regularly, can actually help stabilize the pranic diabetes, so long as one maintains semi-regular feedings on the same donor. Sang vampyres, in particular, seem to engage “pattern vampyrism” far more easily as the intimacy of the blood drinking bypasses most of the auric “surface tension”. Feedings done drawing this “auric pattern” tend to be far more “efficient” feedings than purely psy feedings on a variety of levels and seem to “take out” far less energy from the perspective of the donor (less “energy trauma” involved in the conduit).

I find the easiest comparison is in the “conductivity” of the energy.
Pranic energy can be drawn from great distances, but with pattern vampyrism, one can maintain far more of a “charge” than one can from Psy feedings, which tend to “bleed off” (pardon the term) much of the “amperage” of the prana the further you drawn it.
Pattern Vampyrism or Sang Vampyrism both tend to employ far better “conductivity” for the pranic energy – less loss of energy resulting in better “quality” of prana and a far “richer” pranic diet.

This results in only minimally less feeding required, but far more “efficient” pranic energy as a result of the feedings, and energy which tends to remain in the system of the vampyre far longer than that drawn from psychic or non-pattern feeding (ie feeding from a new or casual donor who’s still somewhat defensive or “out of harmony” with the auric pattern of the vampyre).
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was just awesome!

Ok.. Let me add my nickels worth, LOL.

Ok.. I'm with you on most of this. I have heard the psi vs sang arguement too many times, and I myself have argued that cold dead blood doesn't give me anything. It is like a placebo.

Now, on the other hand, while I don't find any use for subsititutes, I do believe that sangs get a better feed, at times, but ... *and this is where our opinions differ a tad*... that is if they are simultaneously feeding sang and psi. Like for example, if you feed sang during sex, that's usually a pretty deep feeding.

I really really think you should submit this to for the V V book.
Maloryn
House Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Very Happy

If I have a chance to clean it up a bit, I may !

Ehran V
Arcane

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very interesting subject.

In this lifetime, I have only fed as a psi. My ambient energy feeding seems to be airy and light. I also find that I have to do it daily. However, when I use my powers, I find this mode of feeding to be unsatisfactory. My energies run out far too quickly to my liking.

Energy feeding off my Mentor, I find that I can use my powers for a day or two before I have to feed again.

On the topic of blood, I am reminded that Blood sorcery is one of the most powerful magicks. I know that I have fed as a Sang in past lives, but have no idea, really, the benefits of doing so now.

Before I begin feeding in this manner, do you have any advice?

Thanks!

-Arcane

(By ‘powers’ I mean mystical Arts or Will. The latter drains me almost instantly if I focus intently on distorting Reality. If there are other vamp mages here, I’d love to chat and compare notes)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cathmael

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that the sang feeding is just a focus for energetic feeding.

Sang Vamps may lack the means (either by training or action) to separate
the two and need the focus to be able to take from another host. They
need the act to complete the xfer. Or maybe they just need the
chemicals in the composition of the blood to allow them to make the
connection.

I can't relate to it, because I never keep anything I draw with intent
from another person (no high horse, just how I am Wink ) . Energy
given is a different story (there is a difference between feeding
and receiving).
Maloryn
House Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cathmael wrote:
Sang Vamps may lack the means (either by training or action) to separatethe two and need the focus to be able to take from another host.

Not true at all.
Most Sangs I know are very adept at energy manipulation.
Again, in my experience, it has more to do with the amount of energy retained and the "traumatic effect" on the donor.

cathmael wrote:
Energy given is a different story (there is a difference between feeding and receiving).

This may be an indicator of one of the other differences in psi and sang then. If you have difficulty with retention of fed energy, but not given energy, that sounds very similar to the point I was making on Sang-fed energy and Psi-fed energy.

Ehran V
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sang vamps have an advantage it seems to me.. well kinda...Let me explain.

Sangs use blood. Blood is the lifeforce. Psi's use energy. Also lifeforce. Most sangs I know, including myself when I partake of sang energy, do what I call a simultaneous feed. Meaning they use blood, but also pull energy at the same time.

Here's my example. If you are going to sang feed from the back.. You make the cut, then take the blood, and your chakras are pretty much lined up, if you take the time to do so, and you pull the energy...

As far as advice for sang feeding.. I would say this. Don't over do it. Take just what you need. Depending on your own tolerance level, you may throw up. Blood is a natural emetic.. Meaning it will make you spew chunks.

Also, if you plan to feed sang, make sure your donor is test and clean. Also use some listerine.. Mouths are dirty! Don't cut to deep because you got all excited... Those are the highlights...
zero
Founding Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Advice on Sang feeding? If you don't HAVE to, don't do it.

One of the lessons of being a vampire is knowledge of the difference between our needs and our wants. Blood is never a "want." Vampires aren't in this business for power or whatnot. Feeding is a thing that vampires have to do to survive. If one's nature can produce interesting occult observations or events, that's awesome - we should all fulfill the potential of our natures. However, that should never BE the reason for our nature. That makes us dependent on our natures for our identities and reason for being. That's just a sorry state. We are whole people, not just the sum of our hunger and the tricks we can make it do.

I don't feel that occult studies are a valid excuse to take on the risks of blood drinking. Both forms of vampirism have their subtleties and ways of existing in power and balance. But then again, so does being human. The trick, as Eclecta said, is not to overdo it.

BTW, if human blood makes you throw up, chances are you are NOT supposed to be drinking it! That's one of those interesting differences between sang vampires and everyone else - they don't seem to have the same nasty reaction to swallowing blood that others do. Again, don't overdo it, and if you don't have a real NEED to drink blood, you're much safer not doing it.
cathmael

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maloryn wrote:

This may be an indicator of one of the other differences in psi and sang then. If you have difficulty with retention of fed energy, but not given energy, that sounds very similar to the point I was making on Sang-fed energy and Psi-fed energy.

Ehran V

Yeah, but I am capable of keeping both, I just choose not to. I don't have any
cravings for energy, it's just how I am built.
Malhavoc's

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pennys worth (cus I don't have a nickel)

I can't psi feed. Well I can, but only on a very limited level. Up until earlier this year I partook in no community and other then a very rare encounter. and plenty of feelings about others. I never ran into another sang.

I have very limited knowledge on auras and psi aspects but I am learning so bare with me please.

When I sang feed, the effect lasts a few weeks, usualy balancing my system (if its fresh) At the time of feeding my energy goes into over-drive, however that effect never lasts long and I am "leveled" out for a period afterwords. Much like a diabetic with insolin (I totaly agree with the article above) Also when I sang feed the results of the Intensity, how much I gain and the time I can go without doesn't seem to matter too much on the relation with the person. (given as stated sang feeding in moments of intamacy and other highs are extrodinary) it boils down (and this is why I think its a physical need more then a mental aspect) basic things of the person, weight. their energy levels. even things like their diet that would effect their blood stream (and taste Wink )

lately I have been trying to devolop any psi side I have. And it hasn't been going overly well. or at least I'm not pleased. I tend to feed alot and seem to get little balancing effect from it... and the uphoric (spelling) high from a sang feed is distastfully not preasent. However. the "transfer efficancy" seems to be much higher, less seems to be wasted then when I sang feed. which in my opinion contradicts my thoughts on it not lasting as long-however it is done on a daily basis now...
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal, can you give me an official definition of what "pattern vampirism" is?
Maloryn
House Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea why it took so long for me to see/ respond to this question.
I'll probably reexamine this in a week or so and see if they are actually clear enough, but for now (and very late) ...

Pattern Vampirism/ Vampyrism (noun): the chronic imbalance in the pattern of an individual which is corrected by the pranic feeding on the energy patterns of others to both draw energy and reestablish a stable pattern.

Pattern Vampirism/ Vampyrism (verb): the act of pranic feeding order to restore balance to the feeding individual's pattern.

Pattern (noun): the active energy body of an individual

I use the term Pattern because I find "aura" carries many more connotations than what is useful in the description and few active energy workers will agree exactly on what constitutes an aura and what all of its derivitive aspects include or exclude.

As always, alternate thoughts and opinions welcome.

---Mal
CeruleanTwilight

Game Trophies:  1
Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"pranic diabetes"...

you really do need to read Sweetblood by Hautman, Mal. Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> General Vampire Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: