An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Christianity???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Christianity
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twilight

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Christianity??? Reply with quote

Although I am no longer a Christian, I was about 2-3 years ago. Until I started finding the contradictions in their 'preachings'

To let it all out, the form of Christianity I used to be, was Mormon, more commonly known now as Latter-Day Saints...

Anyways, I have seen ways of how the Christian faith has similarities to Wicca. Yet, they claim how it is 'of the Devil' (at least the church I went to did.)
Adding to that, Wicca became a religion, or was, (however you wish to put it.) even before christianity came into the world.

Plus the Bible... to me, it looks simply as a story book written by a bunch of authors. Sort of similar to Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles.
Even though its written by the same author, every book has different characters in it, but still flows from previous books.
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rather like the Bible.. It has a lot of good history in it. It's just one of those things, where ... Well, kinda like this.. You can find good in anything if you look hard enough. It has good stories, and they were written a long time ago.

My only beef with the bible is that it seems some of it is missing.
Kiera
Founding Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My father and I used to discuss Christianity on Saturday afternoons, when most children were watching cartoons.

My dad was raised in a strict Lutheran tradition, and later dabbled in the dark arts, Buddism and finally became an Athiest. However my dad knows the Bible quite well and we would discuss the various idiosyncrisies and contradictions at length.

Personally simply from a scientific view, I cannot see how The Bible can be considered The Word of God. God didn't write it. Man did. Man is erroneous by nature. Many of the Historical accounts were written hundreds of years after they occurred., by multiple authors. Would anyone take a book written about Stonehenge for the gospel truth that was written hundreds of years after the fact, with no previous sources available on the subject?

Also it has been documented that as Christianity began to spread worldwide, that the incumbant Pagan cultures were weaved into the Christian texts and rituals so that the transition from the community's Pagan belief sytem to the conversion to Christianity would be smoother. It was a religious Give and take in order to gain more followers.

I think the Bible has some very good basic rules to live by, and a few good moral fables. However I do not see it as a Holy Book.
RevDevon
Associate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agree with the above though the old testament is a loosely written chronicle of history ...new testament is nothing but fiction .... and as was stated above there is quite a few books that are missing .... ironically of course they just happen to be ones that reveal the darker side of christianity .... primarily the book of solomon which of course contains the lesser keys of solomon which is used in the goetic field of study which is bout as dark as you can get ....(which I have if anyone needs) .... even if you were to have any belief of the bible if you would keep track of the years while everybody was begotting eachother incestous i might add the years don't add up for god to have created the world as we have carbon dated thousands and thousands of years earlier ... and lets take it into context if god did some of the things in the old testament that would have made him the greatest serial killer of all time killing off everybody but noah and his wife from the face of the earth
UCV ,Dracorian 4th Chair House of Ma’at , Senior Honor Elder
Pranism Society, Elder/Admin Ordained Minister, U.L.C./Orderae Occultis/S.H.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
siege

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mom and I read the Old Testament together when I was a kid. We also read a lot of ancient Greek and Egyptian mythology, and we treated the bible exactly the same way--like and entertaining storybook which outlined the morals of the people of the time it was written--nothing more, nothing less.

Personally, I believe that all religions are man-made by nature, so to some extent, they're all mythology. However, I believe that any religion that truly helps people be better people is worthy of respect. What kills me about many religious people (and I'm mostly commenting on Christians and Muslims, because I know more of them than any other religion), is their closed-mindedness to all other paths. Why must a person condemn all other religions in order to stay true to their own? That in itself has always been hypocritical to me, and that's why I've never accepted any religion that requires such devotion.
Emerald

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK! Here it goes, and before hand I would like to appologise if I piss anyone off... I am a convert... I was Wiccan for 11 years of my life and I was pretty much raised that way, my mother did not convert untill I was around 15 and I remeber clearly having deep conversations with her and my grandmoter about God and if we were wrong in having our beliefs. It was not untill I found myself face down in my own shit screaming at God and damning his name untill I clearly heard him speak to me... I don't know I believe that if your heart is open to him he will come in, it is like a piece of the most intracite tapestry ever created. You know, your soul... Look at the back of the tapestry, it is the most jumbled up piece of crap you have ever laid your eyes on, then you turn it over, and it is a masterpiece.
When I was pagan, I had very similar outlooks as to some yours above, that the bible was fiction, that it was the most amazing conjured up book ever! Then when I began to turn over a new leaf with Adonai leading me, it was like every thing changed, I was a major part of the EPIC adventure... I don't know I can go on and on about this and probaly end up running in circles.. I do know for a fact that when you get really techinal about religon and start to dig for answers and the TRUTH, most people turn from it, denying that there is almighty creator and the he holds the key to eternity.. I am just saying that when that day comes and the seals are broken, my name is in the book of life and I have no doubt where my salvation came from...
I was created for war and that of all kinds, I am TOTALLY secure in my faith and my KING. I carry my sword with me daily and have major spirtual battles. Weither or not you walk in light, or you dwell in darkness you have a choice. I am not your average Christitain, I prefer to be called a disciple because of those who have given my faith a horrible rep.
Maloryn
House Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pagan to Christian, there's a shift you rarely see.
Far from offensive, I find it intriguing.

So do you believe that everything you read in the Bible is Trvth? or do you seek your own?
In corrolation, how much do you know about the origin and history of your religion?

Why would you damn a God you didn't believe in?
As you were a pagan, it seems counter-intuitive and is generally a hold over from those raised christian.

Ehran V
siege

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was Wiccan for 11 years of my life and I was pretty much raised that way, my mother did not convert untill I was around 15

I have a problem with raising kids to be any one religion. Children don't know enough about the world or themselves to have religion forced upon them. I don't think a person.

Quote:
when that day comes and the seals are broken, my name is in the book of life and I have no doubt where my salvation came from...

I'm not a Christian, so forgive my ignorance. What are the seals, and what's this book, and who's names are in the book? Can only Christian's names be in the book?
Merticus
Site Admin & Founding Member

Game Trophies:  1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 7 Seals (See Revelation) & The Book of Life aka The Lambs Book of Life (those who are redeemed are enscribed and to enter the Kingdom of Heaven) See details below:

The seven seals (Revelation 6:1-17; 8:1-5), seven trumpets (Revelation 8:6-21; 11:15-19), and seven bowls (Revelation 16:1-21) are three different and succeeding series of judgments from God. The judgments get progressively worse and more devastating as the end times progress. The seven seals, trumpets, and bowls are connected to one another – as the seventh seal introduces the seven trumpets (Revelation 8:1-5), and the seventh trumpet introduces the seven bowls (Revelation 11:15-19; 15:1-8

The first four of the seven seals are known as the four horsemen of the Apocalypse. The first seal introduces the antichrist (Revelation 6:1-2). The second seal causes great warfare (Revelation 6:3-4). The third of the seven seals causes famine (Revelation 6:5-6). The fourth seal brings about plague, further famine, and further warfare (Revelation 6:7-8

The fifth seal tells us of those who will be martyred for their faith in Christ during the end times (Revelation 6:9-11). God hears their cries for justice, and will deliver it in His timing – in the form of the sixth seal, along with the trumpet and bowl judgments. When the sixth of the seven seals is broken, a devastating earthquake occurs, causing massive upheaval and terrible devastation – along with unusual astronomical phenomena (Revelation 6:12-14). Those who survive are right to cry out, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?” (Revelation 6:16-17).

The seven trumpets are described in Revelation 8:6-21. The seven trumpets are the “contents” of the seventh seal (Revelation 8:1-5). The first trumpet causes hail and fire that destroys much of the plant life in the world (Revelation 8:7). The second of the seven trumpets brings about what seems to be a meteor hitting the oceans and causing the death of much of the world’s sea life (Revelation 8:8-9). The third trumpet is similar to the second trumpet except it effect the world’s lakes and rivers instead of the oceans (Revelation 8:10-11).

The fourth of the seven trumpets causes the sun and moon to be darkened (Revelation 8:12). The fifth trumpet results in a plague of “demonic locusts” that attack and torture humanity (Revelation 9:1-11). The sixth trumpet releases a demonic army that kills a third of humanity (Revelation 9:12-21). The seventh trumpet calls forth the seven angels with the seven bowls of God’s wrath (Revelation 11:15-19; 15:1-8

The seven bowl judgments are described in Revelation 16:1-21. The seven bowl judgments are the result of the seventh trumpet being sounded. The first bowl causes painful sores to break out on humanity (Revelation 16:2). The second bowl results in the death of every living thing in the sea (Revelation 16:3). The third bowl causes the rivers to turn into blood (Revelation 16:4-7). The fourth of the seven bowls results in the sun’s heat being intensified and causing great pain (Revelation 16:8-9). The fifth bowl causes great darkness and an intensification of the sores from the first bowl (Revelation 16:10-11). The sixth bowl results in the Euphrates river being dried up and the armies of the antichrist being gathered together to wage the battle of Armageddon (Revelation 16:12-14). The seventh bowl results in a devastating earthquake followed by giant hailstones (Revelation 16:15-21).

Revelation 16:5-7 declares, “You are just in these judgments, you who are and who were, the Holy One, because you have so judged; for they have shed the blood of your saints and prophets, and you have given them blood to drink as they deserve." … "Yes, Lord God Almighty, true and just are your judgments.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Revelation 20:15 declares, "If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." The Book of Life, also known as the Lamb’s Book of Life is the set of names of those who will live with God forever in Heaven. For references to the Book of Life, see Philippians 4:3; Revelation 13:8; 20:12,15; 21:27. God knows His own, and He has set the names of His children permanently in His book.

How do you get your name written in the Book of Life? Simple - by believing in the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior (Philippians 4:3; Revelation 3:5). The Great White Throne Judgment described in Revelation 20:11-15 is a judgment for unbelievers. That passage makes it clear that no one at that judgment will have their name in the Book of Life (Revelation 20:12-14). The moment a person places their faith in Jesus as their Savior (John 3:16; Romans 10:9-10), their name is written in the Book of Life, never to be erased (Revelation 3:5; Romans 8:37-39). Speaking of the heavenly city, our eternal home, the Bible tells us, "Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life" (Revelation 21:27).
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Reverend Merticus.. LOL.. Just kidding..

I find that Christianity is something that everyone should know about, as well as all relgions and major beliefs..

Come on now.. How can you claim to believe one way, when you don't even know what all is really out there? I support the theory to know all you can, about all beliefs relgiions etc and then make a sound educated decision to be or not to be whatever you choose.
Emerald

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I do believe that the truth comes from the Bible... It is God's word delievered through man. I find the truth that God reveils in the Bible to be completely and utterly profund. The Bible delievers much wisdom and guidence. I am constantly learining about my new found faith. The histroy and orgin of the Christian Religion has been around for thousands of years. I find this all to interesting, the meer fact that words have so much power, the fact that God spoke and all of creation was made. WOW! It get's me excited. I have taken the steps to gain as much knowledge about this that I possibly can and I am still learning.
cathmael

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emerald, I'm glad to see you experienced your awakening. You realize there is more than just you in the universe and it realized you are there as well.

I think it is kinda cocky for any culture to say they are 100% sure their path is the right one and they are the only right way. Every being must seek their own path to grace. And I think there's more than one path.

Now as far as the "holiness of the bible" is concerned. Unfortunately, any book associated with a religion is a "holy" book. The bible was written, transcribed, translated, and edited by man. If there was an original message from God in it, it has been mired in millenia of political and personal changes made over time.

I would accept that parts of the bible may have been inspired by God, but written by the hand of man.
nightchild

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Christianity Reply with quote

the bible has been changed over thousend of years,
there no longer can be no truth found in the book.
When talking about God thru history people have been killing each other over that for a God they do not know.
culuters were wiped out people whom were burned at the stake were accused of witchcraft and they assume to have been serving a God's will?
People have been misled and been lied upon hundreds of years.
thze same with people whom will make another believe when you don't worship God you worship the devil.
a pagan is harmless and withcraft out dates any religion,
religion itself has a bases built upon the occult.
Chercheur

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm..... the Bible was definitely written by men... but it seems to me that if you accept that the Bible or any holy book was inspired by God or any holy being, that that deity would have to also be powerful enough to ensure that his word would not be altered in a way which would change its original intent. The fact that men have throughout the centuries and continue to kill and do horrible things in the name of their religions is something totally different... I don't think you can really blame God for what his "followers" do?
Sandy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with , Chercheur. It is rather refreshing that I have not ran across any "damn Christian" posts yet. Of course, I haven't read all of them yet.

I often am asked the following question..."How can you be a vamp, and still be a Christian?"

My answer: I want to know who says that I can't. I also want to know who says that vamps must be pagan, Buddhist, Hindu, Luciferian, Wiccan..etc Who is in charge of making up the rules...? I am, because it's my life.... and I get to choose just as you all are in charge of the choices that you make.

I am what I am...and that is all I can be.

It always pains me that we, as people war with one another. Christians damning other faiths..other faiths damning Christians....one is no better than the other.

I am a huge advocate of free will.

I also think that it is extremely important to educate yourself before passing judgement on any thing whether it is people, religion, politics....etc.

I love that I have a decent head on my shoulders, and I plan to learn all I can about as many things as I can....(sigh)... before I die.

Right now, I am trying to gnaw my way through the Koran....can any thing be interesting and boring at the same time?

Parting words..."damn the man who says I can't do something"...it just makes me want to shove their "can't" right up their bottom!

Thanks, for reading my feeble diatribe........WAHOO!

Razz
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Christianity All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: