An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

A question for Christians...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Christianity
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cathmael

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, once something is written down or told to someone else, the original meaning is lost (unless it is explained very carefully) and it then has a different meaning to the reader.

So, in a sense, all of the books of the bible are really lost books.
Sandy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: A question for Christians... Reply with quote

Eclecta wrote:
Does it bother you that some of the books of the bible and other pertinent information was left out of the version that is so commonly read?

I am not sure what all it is that was left out, but I watched a tv show the other day on History talking about it. I can't remember what was left out, but whatever it was has some people upset.

The Dead Sea Scroll, if I am not mistaken, have information about it. Does anyone else know exactly what all it is that is missing from the Bible?

YES, it pisses me off. That damn reformation. I own the Apocrypha. . .which are some of the books that were left out, but I can't seem to find all of them. We can not strive for anything flying on half truths. No one wants to play with a puzzle that is missing most of it's pieces. We should all pursue the truth, and not just accept what we are told to believe.

Words to live by. . ."Love all, trust a few, do harm to none." -- William Shakespeare
cathmael

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main reasons the Apocrypha were left out of the assembled Bible:

1. They were less used books that contradicted more used books.
2. They repeated scenes already in other books.
3. They expoused views that Rome didn't like.
nightchild

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody has there own view's on the christian faith.
There are older books which mostly tell a whole new story the forgotten words which led the faith to be divided.
The same with the story's of the fallen one another story's will tell they were given a planet and strangly enough it's the planet we live on which is spoken of and here is where the battle took place according to the legend or myth.
Everybody has a diffirent view you have 3 world religioun and they have all have a diffirent view.
Words forgotten a relgioun used for to oppress like in the dark ages up to the middle ages.
Many is lost cause of everybody's diffirences and views on how it all began. Mostly i would read the gnostic books like the nag hammadi whom were found in a cave in the area of Egypt but nobody knows whom really wrote the scrolls.
Here by directing to the bible code & it is writtin in the old language aramaic.
Then i would read books relating to the kaballah the understand is to know the meaning of symbols. How did the christian faith start do you think? you can find hermetic symbols,sigils and traces which lead back to Egypte. Even the ark carried egytian symbols as is known to the world i like to keep an open mind of truth's hidden within the symbols. So how can it be forbidden to dig into the occult when the occult is part of it's foundation?
Much infromation has been changed and pieces were fenced out by Rome like said there views. Well i don't really share them all they know more then they are saying but then what would you do if you found the real truth? would you share it the rest of the world or keep it to yourself?as some will scream out heretic.
Blackthorne

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eclecta wrote:
My question is this... How can you trust in a relgion that has part of it missing or hidden from you?

I look at it like this:
You heard that there were parts left out of the Bible.
You became very interested in learning about what was left out, why it was left out, what it had to say, where to find the missing pages. You became actively curious and involved.
I've heard of worse strategies for teaching someone something.

On the other hand, I have been known to open a book to a page that had the exact answer to a question someone had, and they set the book down and lose the page less than a minute later.

The search for truth is one of the most rewarding pursuits anyone can undertake. But the truth isn't always like the purloined letter, hidden in plain sight. The search itself has at least as much to teach us as the information we're after.
nightchild

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ppl of Christian believes look for a God on the outside when the they should be looking within.
And don't always believe what is written cause for truth to reveal it self it takes an open mind.
Ppl have been searching for truth in all the wrong places ppl have been looking for the Ark of the Covenant for thousend of years and none really have ever come close to it.
And still some say there is prove you could see it for everything else not cause you can't see it doesn't mean it is not there.
I just stop reading the bible and started to read on other believes ppl speak of the ultimate truth but what is it worth to find out what it is?
if it's truth you seek you have to cross darkness to see that light more clear.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Christianity All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: