Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Sanguine Vamps

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Sang-Vampirism
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Sanguine Vamps Reply with quote

Sanguine is a Latin term referring to blood. Vampires who consume blood to obtain energy are called Sanguinarians. They are also sometimes referred to as Sanguines or simply sang vamps.

Like other vamps, Sangs usually awaken during puberty. However that is not always the case. As with other types of Vampires, Sanguine Vampires may awaken earlier in life, or after adolescence. Often times, a craving for blood develops. Sanguine Awakening may also include experiencing Blood Dreams or the Phenomenon referred to as Dream Walking.
It is vital for Sanguine vampires to learn donor safety. Due to the variety of bloodborne diseases, all donors should be tested for Syphilis, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and HIV. A donor must be screened carefully prior to feeding from them. This is the equivalent to Safe Sex. There are no excuses for not screening donors properly.

Beyond the medical screening precautions necessary for donor safety, other factors must be taken into account when choosing a donor. They must be trustworthy for many reasons. Health concerns are a paramount issue, but there are also psychological concerns. An unstable, jealous or malicious donor could expose a Sanguine Vampire to unwanted attention by law enforcement and the public eye.

Unlike the image propagated by Hollywood, typically Sanguine Vampires do not feed by sinking their fangs into the flesh of their donor. Even sharp teeth are not designed for piercing flesh, rather they would produce obvious tearing of the donor’s flesh. Moreover, the human mouth is filled with microorganisms that make it more deadly than any other animal’s bite.

Most Sanguine Vampires use syringes, razors, knives or various special bloodletting tools in order to pierce or make a small discreet cut upon the donor’s body where blood may be extracted. Most Vampires do not require copious amounts of blood to satisfy their energy deficits. Normally only a few tablespoons are necessary for a Sanguine Vampire to sustain themselves appropriately.

By: Eclecta and Kiera
Malhavoc's

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, My name is Draken, and I thought I would add to this topic.

I found myself craving blood and having blood dreams as stated above around a year before puberty. And it led to a horrible social life through out my schoolings, However, I survived and still Have these cravines, and act upon them. when I was younger, It was difficult to find a propr donor or blood doll, however you want to refer to them. Emotional rampents and untrusting friends are the key to adolesence and I quickly adepted a way to care for my cravings and the lethargy and withdrawls I get from abstanance.

I commenly Refer to them as a "Halfer" a halfer consists of something strong smelling-Brandy seems to work for me, Or something thick coloured, Mixed with your Prefered amount of blood, and kept cooled until consumed. I find it takes some experimentation to get the right mix, However for me it seems to be 50/50, however I have found others that want less/ or more.

The reason for the other part of the drink to be thicked coloured or strong smelling is that if you partake of it in public, or say at a party from your trusty flask, The other memebers of the room/area do not recognize what is in it, unless of course they drink it.

Please forgive any typing/grammatical errors. I hope what I post is legible and look foward to being a contributing force on this forum Smile
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What type Brandy are you mixing with?
Malhavoc's

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cherry Smile
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yummy.
Arcane

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this lifetime I’ve been totally an energy vampire. Normally, my sire’s energies are like a malt whiskey. It’s almost too much for me to handle feeding off him for more that a few seconds.

However, I decided to experiment. I tried one single drop of his blood.

This is like drinking a can of mountain dew (sugar and caffeine high) and then dining on hot, rare, bloody steak with a glass of 1,000 year old scotch...

All that from one single drop.

I begin to see draw for sanguine! Is it all like this?

-Arcane
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope.. It's different with every donor you have. Everyone experiences things differently, as do their donors...
Lorack

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess this is the proper place to say that im a sanguine vamp, or sanguinarian to be more precise.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Sang-Vampirism All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: