An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Heredity
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> General Vampire Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is vampirism hereditary?
Yes
92%
 92%  [ 12 ]
No
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:46 am    Post subject: Heredity Reply with quote

I am wondering what you think about this...

Is vampirism hereditary? Why or why not?

I think it is... I will post the why later when I have more time, since I have been up all night...
gothik

Game Trophies:  1
Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: its late - forgive me if this is decidedly incoherent Reply with quote

ehhhh.. i wanna say yes and no. I tend to associate Vampirism as an extension of otherkin. In the way that otherkin is also an hereditary experience, so I also see vampirism as one. IMO, as a vampire, I have awakened to the awareness of possessing a vampiric soul or the soul of a vampire (that's unfortunately intermeshed with pieces of souls from other creatures that I have been in previous lives - that I may discuss in more depth in the OK section).

In the sense that vampirism is soul based, I take issue with it being passed through one's genes - but approach it from the perspective that like attracts like in the sphere of souls so that it is possible for a family comprised of:

Mother - starborne alien + Father - human > may be likely to have children whose souls are attracted to the souls of celestial and human parents based on the children's souls' own types (might mean that those children are also human, or faerie, or even mimics in the sense that they are capable of manipulating their own energy matrix by copying that of those around them. I find it feasible that being in a family where you discover that you are X, then it is likely that your parents are also something that is conducive to your development, whether they realize it or not.

Okay so now that i tried to explain that, perhaps I don't think its hereditarily based at all, but rather, based on the reincarnative principles of like-attracts-like (that people reincarnate with those whom they have lived, loved, known, before).
nightchild

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are ways of finding out about your previous lives of what or whom you were.
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it has to do with our souls.. Who we were, who we are now... I think over the years it has become diluted so to speak.

NC, what ways do you mean? Past life regression?
nightchild

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Past life regression is a way of finding out what or who you were.
But how would you go to it to find out whom you were in a past life?
gothik

Game Trophies:  1
Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some declare learning or regaining that knowledge through memories, visions, and others claim to have known it all their lives. As for the "who" are you asking about names and such? I have found through experience that the only viable way (at least for me) to learn who I was is through trusted confirmations of those I've spent previous lives with. I've ran into a few such people, although I don't believe that they were vampires - these were from other lifetimes, as other kinds of entities.
nightchild

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can but say aswell that past lifes sometimes go linkend with the way you are now. Souls sometimes remain connected with each other even into another life.
the word soulmate can be connected to a past live.
Sometimes when you meet someone and you can but tell yourself where did i know this person from even to know it's the first time you meet someplace where you might go one vacation.
All which you do is to what i believe to do with past life one has a dream they were knights in the dark ages all which appeals to you now and who you are may tell of whom you were in another life.
now your a Vampire but what were you before the change happend?
KDarkStar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Hereidity/remebering lvies... Reply with quote

Facinating topic, isn't it? I come from an interesting family.
ALthough I can not verify all the details of our past family history and winnow out the possibility of exageration, I've been told on mom's side we have a great great grandma who outlived at least 3 husbands, may have lived for close to 160 years and so on...and what facinated me is that down the line from this woman, we now come to a huge spread out family with...otherkin, and a few of us night breed sort of kids. I suspect other than myself we have a few vampires in the current batch of cousins and such, but being rather circumspect and careful, most of them don't come right out and say it.
WHat is interesting to me is that although some aspects of inheritance seem to dilute some- the lengnth of lives of the women folk on that side have decreased, going from well over 100 to just around 100 these days, the psychic abilities have not. They come up randomly in different stregnths. As well, although we have otherkin who are not actively out, we also have a few of us who got big doses of whatever has come through.
I come from a family of italian witches, and I have wondered if the genetic abiliites passed on also leave a body open for inhabitations by a specific type of spirit. I suspect, if I was vampire kin hanging out on the etheric plan, I'd be targeting a body with these abilites to incarnate into if I had my choice. It makes things much easyer...
Path of least resistance.
My faily of origin also is supportive of alternative self perceptions- and discussion of past lives is not unusual. i suspect that some of us , having been raised in lives where it was not consisdered story telling or BS to talk about remebering people from the past and lives, were allowed to keep those memories closer.
I lucked out- (sometimes it;s a pain inthe ass...but...) I have pretty clear memeories of several sequential lifes.
What I would like to see (let's play science fantasy here) is a safe way to do some genetic mapping/ track mitochondrial dna patterns in familes whre otherkin /vampire kin occure. Is there specific genes?
LOL, although it facninates me and if I ever have the ability to do gene sequeces I'll runb myself and a few of my famly, I also have just a hair of paranoia that anyone else doing it would be a personal bad idea day...
KDarkStar
nightchild

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

facinating story one could just spend hours listening but i get bored very easly. But the part of about connected to witches that must be a blast whilst some spend year trying to find out how it works. Not me count me out like to read on chaos magick or other nocturnal witchcraft items or books which i can get my hands on but still past lifes knowing that can lift a alot of weight of your shoulders to understand of how it is that one is what one is now.
Amber Mallis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a boyfriend once, whom's parents were Vampires, as the same as he was. So he was born into it. I know it ran through his grandparents too, but I don't know how far back it went...

I think it should and should not be hereditary, but if I had to really only pick, and only one, I would be hereditary. I really don't know why I feel this way, but...I just don't know.
nightchild

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then there roots go back to Europe or even further.
Wether it's hereditary only they can then really know but it is possible that in another life one was a Vampire and some part remaind hidden and try's to leave but can only get out thru an awakening of the soul.
Amber Mallis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, well that does explain both, why he still has a Romian(sp!) accent while alive and now dead. He did say when he was alive that he did move to the UK for a while...I loved his family though. They all had the same accent, too.
nightchild

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the first case of where vampires came from are romania.
The first Romanian whom was seen as a Vampire was called vlad stepesh( vlad the impaler). Vlad was a memeber of the order of the darcul which protected the christian faith against the oprissing of the ottoman empire( turks) in Romania.
But when his wife commited suicide for she believed he was dead she went crazy and vlad according to history hated what he had become. no longer could he se himself in the mirror so he put's a veil over it ancient believe saying over there it takes away your soul.He turned against the his beliefs and against the cross so crosses don't work on vampires they like to were them but just for decoration neither does carlik work nor water. His wife fell down into the river flowing beneath the castle.
Andarael
House Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nightchild

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Story goes that he drunk the blood if it's enemy's.
The church killes his father so he had nothing really left so then they try to stop Vlad by burying him and he wansn't really dead for when the monk whom had buried him came to see the body of Vlad his body was gone replaced with animal bones. The monk saw him hang around the grave and took a run for it. The story's remains that Vlad was seen wandering the graveyard site.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> General Vampire Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: