Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Vampyre?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Psi-Vampirism
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ezona

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Vampyre? Reply with quote

As I mentioned in my intro, I am questioning if I am a psi vampyre or not.

My reasons for questioning this are:

You see, every time I speak to a psy, I start questioing if I am one. I never do that with any other type of kin other than back when I was questioning what I was (I so far know that I am a therian/angelic). Also, often I get very hyper and stimulated around people, as well as just feel like I have alot of energy. While when I am alone around no one, I get depressed and tired. I remember often my friends would get tired around me, when they spent the day with me. Still do sometimes. I can see auras, and often feel like I can easily feel energy. I am also empathic. Always have been. But what gets me is that I seem to give off energy to most that I ask.

However, one psi vamp reasoned that I could just be giving that illusion off as I have just fed at those times. He said that that happens to some psis.

I also was doing a reading for someone one time, and I hooked up to them psychically. After a bit, they started complaining of being tired. I felt fine. Possibly better than before.

I told one friend whom I knew who was familiar with this concept. She said she wouldn't be surprised if I was a vampyre.

So, these are what I have so far. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks,

-Ezona
siege

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ezona, no one can really tell you whether you're a vampire. You have to determine that for yourself. But here's a starting point: a lot of non-vamps can manipulate and feed on energy--even accidentally. What distinguishes vampires from these people is that we need the energy--we have an energy deficit which requires that we feed.
Ezona

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Okay Reply with quote

Yes, I do feel like I need it. I often get tired and depressed, and then when I do feed, I feel better. I feel energized and no longer depressed. What I am doing is seeing if that helps control my mood swings, depression, and fatigue. If it does, would that be an accurate way to say that I am? If not what would be some better ways to figure it out for myself?

Thanks,

-Ezona
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ezona.. As Siege mentioned it is the deficiency that sets us apart from those who practice Reiki etc..

I know when most of us begin to question whether we are vamp or not, that we usually try to find someone who can say for us, "Yes this is what you are." However, as Siege already said, you are the only one who can answer that question. We can offer you support if you are, and answer any questions you have, should we know the answers, to help you decide for yourself.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have about specifics and we will do our best to help you with answers.
zero
Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Okay Reply with quote

Ezona wrote:
Yes, I do feel like I need it. I often get tired and depressed, and then when I do feed, I feel better. I feel energized and no longer depressed. What I am doing is seeing if that helps control my mood swings, depression, and fatigue. If it does, would that be an accurate way to say that I am? If not what would be some better ways to figure it out for myself?

Thanks,

-Ezona

This isn't necessarily an accurate indicator of vampirism; I think that this looks like a good place to start building your definition of the word "need." As the others said, we can't tell you what you are or might be, but we can tell you how we see it, and you can use that to make your own decisions. I know that for myself, low-energy states don't affect my attitude, so no depression, but they do affect my health. I suppose I could stay sick and tired all the time, but I consider the energy uptake that I need to stay healthy a "need," rather than a "want."

Another question to ask yourself is, are there other ways to balance yourself that don't include a direct energy feed? Energy feeding will actually make non-vampires feel better in the short term, although I have heard that in the long run it's actually bad for you if your system isn't built to process other peoples' energy. (of course, we don't really know what "system" in us processes energy, and how it's "built," but vampires do naturally make use of ambient or gathered energy in ways that other folks don't seem to do, or do easily)

So if you can change your mundane diet, get out into the country more, or whatever, and start to need less, or no, extra energy intake, then it may not be vampirism you're dealing with, but something else.

I've also heard a few Otherkin people say that they don't feel well unless they get exposure to natural elements of some kind. I don't think that counts as vampirism, but it is its own type of energy need, having to do with the environment they're in. And it is only one example that there are other energy imbalances besides a natural vampire-style deficiency.

The important thing is to try to identify the source of the need, and your own most natural way of addressing it.
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero gives good advice. Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Psi-Vampirism All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: