An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Psi Vampirism...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Psi-Vampirism
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Psi Vampirism... Reply with quote

This seems to be a common question and I would like to address it here. Many have asked me what it means to be a psi vamp, and what are its effects?

To me, it means simply that one has a deficiency which causes them to require an outside source of energy to balance themselves. Without it, one could become tired, irratible, or worse... even sick.

Perhaps, someone has asked you that same question. How did you answer? If no one has ever asked you, then what would be your response?
Kiera
Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me as a Hybrid who feeds predominantly off of energy, I think the reason Psi Vampires exist is purely biological.

All matter is made of Energy and when Energy is unbalanced... matter becomes unstable. I believe that vampirism is a recessive gene, that skips around generations in a genetic Ricochet. Something within our body chemistry does not process energy efficiently and thus we have a need to feed off of the Prana of others to supplement our deficits.

I also believe there is a tie in with Electromagnet currents. As I have never been able to wear a watch. My personal body chemistry will fry one out within a day or two.

Kiera
siege

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: Psi Vampirism... Reply with quote

I've never been directly asked what a psi vampire is, but I've been asked to explain the difference between psi and sang vampires. Basically, I tell people that the main difference is the way in which the different kinds of vampires acquire energy. All vampires have an energy/prana/life force/whatever you want to call it deficiency. All vampires must supplement themselves with energy from others to remain healthy. Some vampires can take in energy without consuming blood (psi), some others can't or just prefer not to (sang), and some use both methods.

Then that answer usually leads to more questions about psi vamps, and I break down the types (i.e. elemental, incubi, etc.) to them, and that's usually that.
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does tend to lead to more questions... Especially since people are so misinformed about what a vampire is..

They are usually so curious especially if they don't know anyone who is vamp that they will ask all kinds of questions and listen in dismay, or amazement.

I find alot of people on here have ideas that we have some sort of virus that causes us to be as we are, and also people who think that we are turned by exposure to blood, or sex.

I hope we can eventually get up enough info on this forum to address such questions.
Maloryn
House Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to think of pranic vampyrism as a sort of energy diabetes.

Like diabetes, the intensity of vampyrism varies from person to person.
Some require relatively little energy, others much more.

From a Sang point of view, similar parallels can be drawn in the amount of blood generally drawn and the amount of energy drained from the Donor (oddly enough, parallels of this type don't seem consisitant from those I've spoken with).

Also, like diabetes, it occassionally seems to arise from genetics and other times can be induced from trauma of some sort.

Healthy living as a pranic vampyre is generally not so much about how much energy or blood one can acquire so much as how much stability in your own energy you can maintain.

Ehran V
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reallly like your last statement SangV... that makes alot of sense.

I am curious tho, what do you mean by trauma in the statement just above it?
Maloryn
House Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most pranic vampyres I speak with generally tell me of their "Awakening" in one of three ways:

1. Involvement / Encounter with another vampyre (psi or sanguine)

2. Some sort of traumatic incident in their life

3. Puberty (generally attesting their vampyrism to genetics)

The traumatic incident is generally one of an emotional, rather than physical sort, but I've spoken with several vampyres who have told me of physical trauma which they believe "awoke" their vampyrism.

Ehran V
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard of that before.. What type of physical trauma would it have to be?

I know that some seems to awaken around puberty.. others later in life..

But the involvement with another vamp, seems to generally be the ones who want to tell me they were bitten or something.. ...
Maloryn
House Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ones I can recall specifics of, two were automobile accidents which led to extensive hospitalization, the other was a bad drug overdose.

I'm sure most of us have been bitten at one point or another Wink Rest assured, however, I'm not referring to those who believe themselves physically immortal, undead beings, but rather most were fairly rational people who could only trace back their pranic vampyrism to involvement with another pranic vampyre, generally a sanguine vampyre.

Ehran V
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pardon all my questions.. Perhaps it is the codeine I am taking in my cough syrup for my bronchitis that is making these seemingly self explanatory statements to become so confusing to me..

I haven't ever heard that trauma could be adirect cause.. I guess I need to look into that. Do you know the specifics of what they told you? Was it related to blood loss, or lack of energy? If so, then when they were better did they still need to feed?

Also in reference to the ones who had involvement with another vamp? How did this occur? Was it the result of being fed upon too often and did they return to how they were after it stopped?
figment

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kheprians claim trauma as a direct cause.

EDIT: Sorry, thought I'd want to elaborate.

Like diabetes, diabetes doesn't just make you need more insulin from an outside source. But the cause of vampirism is unknown, unlike with diabetes. What diabetes does is it makes your pancreas either not make enough insulin or your cells plain out ignore the insulin sent out. The need for more insulin from an outside source is an after effect, but that's not what diabetes is.

Vampirism isn't actually a need for more energy outside of ourselves. That's the cure. Since we don't know the cause, and that's the only way we can differentiate ourselves from others, the cure is what we use to define our disease/alteration/blessing, though technically it's incorrect to do so.

Because we're so used to defining ourselves by the cure, it's easy to fall into the rut of say "Well, vampirism has a need for energy outside ourselves, and this disease needs some kind of medicine, something constantly. So they're similar."

You're comparing cures. Humanity always has similar cures because of lack of creativity. The need for energy is the temporary cure. Like insulin. Like chemo (and yes, you can compare it to chemo in that we're harming our body in the process of taking in energy from others, some vamps would argue). Like anything that makes you feel better but doesn't completely get rid of it. But that's not going to help us understand vampirism anymore, it's just going to help us write a thesis statement on possibly the collective unconsciousness (not that I believe in that, uug) of humanity because we all come about the same conclusions to so many different problems.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Maloryn
House Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully I’ll be a bit more clear in this post than in the chat where I was trying to communicate this to Eclecta and Merticus last night.

Three-fold issue in vampyric discussions and confusion therein:

1. Terminology
2. Vampyrism – Symptom or Affliction
3. Differentiating states and acuteness of vampyric condition

May want to break these out into individual threads, but I’ll address the second first since it’s the one that seems to be the stickiest widget in this discussion.

I’ll try to address this in as logical a way as possible.

Resolved:
A vampyre can be defined as someone whom (for whatever reason) relies on an outside source to stabilize and / or maintain their pranic energy. In this case pranic energy can also be defined as spiritual energy or “go power”, it is intended in the vaguest terms so that we can all concur one what we are speaking about and is used to illustrate the energy everyone uses to go about their day to day lives in a stable and healthy manner. Lack of this energy results in apathy, feelings of despondence, and general inability to muster effort; extreme loss results in depression, slow healing rate and possible additional mental or physical aberrations.
For purposes of this discussion it can be assumed that vampyric references to “outside sources” are from donors who provide either blood, energy or both; intentionally or unwittingly.

The issue in defining the vampyric condition is often caught up with what it is that makes one a vampyre.
While I would agree that most if not all vampyric conditions are generated by latent genetic conditions, I would argue that a vampyric symptom may be caused by other sources.
It has been argued in counter-point that this would lead to a temporary condition and that when the condition is ended, so to would be the vampyric symptom and that a lack of genetic trait results in the subject discussed not truly being a vampire, but being a “conditional” or “temporary” vampire (can’t recall the exact word choice, I’m sure Eclecta will correct me).

The issue I have with the “must be genetic” argument is for those who’s condition is triggered and maintained by a constant outside source that is beyond the convention of what may be considered genetic happenstance and one reason I generally stick with my word choice of “pranic diabetes”. It’s not a 100% accurate cross-comparision, but it’s fairly close.

The crux of this is the body’s ability or inability to generate or regulate pranic energy.
When trauma is induced (either through physical maiming such as an automobile accident or through emotional or drug-induced stresses to the system) it is not unusual for even a “normal” individual to exhibit signs of pranic vampyrism until their body is able to regulate its pranic energy pattern once again. An individual with a persistent state of trauma (such as neurological damage) which exhibits vampyric symptoms seems indistinguishable in all qualitative ways from a genetic vampyre or a genetically-triggered vampyre.

Hopefully I’m making a bit more sense than I was last time I tried explain this.

Ehran V
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note to let you know I know you posted.. I don't have time to type up what I want to say, but will later tonight...
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok.. As far as all the specifics go.. The only part I am not clear on still is this.. Although keep in mind, I am not disputing that it can occur, I am just saying I personally do not know of any one who has had this happen to them and then as a result had an energy deficiency. I only know of those whom in my opinion were predisposed as having a condition of vampirism that occurred thru an awakening similar to mine. I am always ready to hear others opinions so that I can learn and research them myself.

Anyway, what I am not clear on is this.. How do we know that these vamps who were traumatized by whatever it was physically, would not have awakened without having the said trauma on their own if given an ample amount of time. It seems that everyone is different. Some awaken earlier than others, some later in life, some at a very very young age. So how do we know it was the trauma and that it wouldnt' have happened anyway?

Also, please give me a complete scenario as to what would happen for someone to awaken by trauma, so that I can understand exactly how this works... If you don't mind. I realize I am being picky, but I am just not getting it... Sorry LOL.. I'm slow sometimes.

Another thing... I do believe it is something genetic, but I only see temporary causes as being things like say someone who has a medical illness and has a lack of energy because of it, well there are drugs such as Adderall that can be perscribed to alleviate the lack of energy. Once the person is over the illness, they no longer need the drug to help them with their lack of energy..

I see vampirism as a permanant condition that affects the way you live your life forever... It is something we learn to deal with. But that being said, I do know of those whom can learn to do energy work, and actually pull energy, but have no real deficiency that requires them to do so. Like for example Reiki... Those with those people they have learned to do what we do, so it can be learned...

Ok I realize I am rambling now.. LOL...
Dividian

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traumatic experiences tend to make a person look at a more spiritual side of life. Wether it be through god or some other form of spirituality.

What i think leads alot of people into asking about this is when they come to the conclusion that God may not be all there is. they look for MORE than ehat is in the Bible, Koran, torah (insert your fave religious text here).

So the fact that traumatic experiences bring people to this lifestyle is very possible.

In my article on the awakening process (here in the awakenings forum) I mention traumatic experiences being a way to bring someone toward their awkening aswell.

As far as the differences between sang and psi there are none. We are all the same. Only the way in which we intake our energy is different.

We are all beings with an energy deficiency.

Dividian
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Psi-Vampirism All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: