Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Living vs. Dead Blood

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Donor & Hunger Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Living vs. Dead Blood Reply with quote

Blood is widely accepted as being the life force from which many of us pull energy into ourselves while feeding, but there is more than one type of blood. Does it matter what type of blood we feed from, is a question that lingers in my mind occasionally. Testing this could be beneficial, but I think it could prove to both be risky and also time consuming, since donors are a rare commodity. So I bring this question to you, my peers, who may have knowledge beyond mine regarding this subject.

Living blood is that which is consumed to obtain energy during a sanguine feeding. This blood can be human or animal blood. Most seem to prefer human blood, though I do know of several who claim animal is just as good, even though ethical questions are raised, such as: Since, this animal cannot consent to my feeding from it, is what I am doing wrong. This is a good question and a debatable one; however, it is not the question I pose to you now.

Dead blood is that which has been stored, for a time, or it is that of a dead animal bought from a butcher or drained from a deer that is killed for meat, etc. Many people use dead blood as well as part of their sanguine feedings.

In my opinion, dead blood is only a substitute. It cannot replace the energy one would get when feeding from living blood of a living breathing source. Keep in mind; I stated this is my opinion.

In addition, it raises into question something else. When someone sang feeds, are they actually simultaneously feeding psi, while they are feeding sanguinely? If so, it brings another question to mind. Can all sangs learn to psi feed efficiently enough to be able to NOT sang feed anymore? If in fact it were a simultaneous feed, would it not make sense?

Perhaps, the blood is just a point of focus. In addition, although I am not disputing the validity of being able to derive energy from blood itself, I am however questioning whether or not some are actually doing so by pulling psi energy as well. It seems that would be the case in cases where it takes only a tiny amount of blood to satiate the hunger.

Please understand I am only curious as to know what you thoughts are on this subject and I am not intending to question whether what you are doing is wrong or right. I had these questions in my mind, and thought that I would share them with you in hopes that I may write an article regarding such in the near future.
Maloryn
House Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My POV's on it:

Dead blood is useless, energy-wise.

Both psi and sanguine vampyrism are aspects of pranic vampyrism.

Conclusions I hold (feel free to argue ! ):

1) All sang vampyres are lesser psi vampyres and all psi vampyres are potentially sang vampyres
2) Psi vampyrism is "less efficient" than Sang vampyrism when it comes to actual energy transfer, but ultimately an easier manner in which one can acquire pranic energy. Psi vampyrism also "maintains pattern" better than Sang vampyrism.
3) Sang vampyrism is "more efficient" for energy transference purposes, but doesn't "maintain pattern" as well as psi vampyrism.
4) In both cases, the donor greatly influences both the efficiency of energy transference and pattern retention.

In simple terms, blood is an energy carrier. It's a sort of pranic wire for a body's energy. You can transfer energy without it, but it's much less efficient and you tend to "bleed off" a great deal of it (pardon the pun Wink ).

"Pranic Deprivation" is only one aspect of vampyrism. Many (if not all) vampyres also lack a means of maintaining their "pranic energy pattern" - often confused with an aura - without feeding. Not only does the act of feeding maintain their energy level, but helps maintain a pattern which will "hold" the pranic energy. I doubt I'm making much sense yet, but hope to post a longer bit on this topic when I'm not at work.

Ehran V
Merticus
Site Admin & Founding Member

Game Trophies:  1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The depravation contention makes perfect sense along with the energy holding patterns, however, I would hesitate to make the blanket statement as to efficiency on point #2 & #3 - Sang vs. Psi. There will never be a consensus on this issue and it can be argued both ways; dependent in large part on the individual and their feeding abilities.
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My arguement here is that sang isn't more efficient... I find psi to be more effecient because I can pull more that way.. With sang feeding I have to much to worry about.. Am I ingesting to much, am I going to puke in a minute.. am I hurting my donor etc.. And with Psi I don't have all that extra aggravation...
Malhavoc's

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment, I am Feeding off of Dead blodd, I well stalk ahead of time when its available, however My supplies will not last more then a month or two more (however, I should be replenishing them in june Wink )

Now on to my point, It's here I swear!

As a sanguine, I've had different Donors, I think my count is up to 3 females and 2 males now. Usualy each sticking around for a year or so. However, I do face Times where such a source is not available, and this usualy spans for about 3 months to half a year -sigh- While I have live Blood available for consumption, I need it less, Feedings last me longer and I derive a much higher energy level from each feeding, However, I can 'sustain' myself on Dead blood, However. Stored usualy takes greater quantities and requires I feed more often to get the energy I seek without falling into withdrawls/lathargy. I would second that there is a Psi element involved, however Feeding for me at least has always been an intense moment, for both parties. The room will become charged with energy in most cases and it would be hard not to feed on such a bliss. I also second the idea that a sanguines feeding on the psi level is not quiet as advanced as a psi vampyric's. Perhaps two different evolutionary paths...

I think another intresting question would be, Which is surviving better, which is their more of Psi or Sang? If this is all an evolutionary trait it will be curious to see where it leads.

thank you for tollerating my rant Smile
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you storing in the freezer, or you mean in alcohol?

Just curious...

I've never tried to store it. Dead blood hasn't ever worked for me, and after its left the body it begins to die.. so I never even tried it.
KDarkStar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: stored blood/tip from medical profession Reply with quote

Flagged For Response - Merticus Character

Just a tip from the medical profession....
Fresh, whole blood that is anti-coagulated and stored in the 'frige is not dead...yet. It is still considered living by the body when transfused... lasts about 30 days, however I notice it's 'energy' starts really falling off at about a week.
I suspect when feeding sang, one also feeds energeticly...
I've been lucky or spoiled, have a good, clean fresh blood supply, so the storage issue has not come up often.
Medical anticoaguants don't taste the greatest, and there are several. Lithium Heparin, EDTA and others. The volume of blood most sangs consume, the trace of anti-coags will not be toxic.
AND...
for those of you that travel, get them at the pharamcea's in mexico.

If you get heparin ( regular heparin) here's how to use it. You must draw with a syringe to use it well. Use whatever size syringe you woul duse to draw blood. (I use a 30ml) Draw a little herparin into it, and pull the punger all the way back, rolling the herparin around inside it. You are coating the iside of the syringe- thats all you need!
Depress the plunger completely- get rid of extra herparina dn change your needle- do your sterile stick and draw.
RE-cap your needle if you weant to store blood, and store it in the syringe in the 'fridge.
Hope this is of interest to some and use to all Smile
Peace to you and yours

Andarael
House Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I am a Medical Technologist certified by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) with over 10 years of experience working directly in blood banks in hospitals. I have worked very closely with the American Red Cross among other such blood donation facilities. Currently, I manufacture blood bank reagents that are used in hospitals and reference labs around the world for testing. Thus my experience in this area is vast and I am quite knowledgeable.

Quote:
Fresh, whole blood that is anti-coagulated and stored in the 'frige is not dead...yet. It is still considered living by the body when transfused... lasts about 30 days, however I notice it's 'energy' starts really falling off at about a week.

While I will agree that anti-coagulated blood isn’t quite dead yet, it is in fact altered as it has been preserved. However, the most common anticoagulants used in storing blood for transfusion are different than those you describe here. The anticoagulant used determines the shelf-life for the blood that is drawn into it. For example the use of citrate phosphate dextrose plus 0.25 mmol/L adenine (CPDA-1) yields a shelf life approved by the FDA of 35 days when stored between 1 and 6 °C. In fact the levels of ATP and 2,3-DPG (the blood’s energy) drop vastly after about 2 weeks of storage. If using the anticoagulants you spoke of, even when simply using said blood for laboratory testing, we try to avoid blood that is more than 7 days old.

Quote:
Medical anticoaguants don't taste the greatest, and there are several. Lithium Heparin, EDTA and others. The volume of blood most sangs consume, the trace of anti-coags will not be toxic.

While a one time consumption of Lithium Heparin, Sodium Heparin, EDTA, Sodium Citrate, or etc…may not be toxic, it can in fact be toxic to some. First, people can be allergic to these things. I know that there have been several occurances over the years where I have had to have blood recollected in a different anti-coagulant because of a reaction in the blood tube to the anti-coagulant it contained. Also, most sangs aren’t going to limit feedings to once or twice in their lifetime. Over a period of time, and this would vary according to the person, these things CAN in fact become toxic. Lithium, when used as a “by mouth” medication is very closely monitored as it can easily become toxic. The affects of long term ingestion of EDTA is unknown, however over time it could lead to a change in the way trace metals are excreted from the body and it can affect cell membrane permeability.

Quote:
AND...
for those of you that travel, get them at the pharamcea's in mexico.

Possession of certain medications without a prescription from a physician licensed in the United States may violate state and local laws. I would assume that since one needs a prescription to obtain heparin that these laws would in fact apply.

Quote:
If you get heparin ( regular heparin) here's how to use it. You must draw with a syringe to use it well. Use whatever size syringe you woul duse to draw blood. (I use a 30ml) Draw a little herparin into it, and pull the punger all the way back, rolling the herparin around inside it. You are coating the iside of the syringe- thats all you need!
Depress the plunger completely- get rid of extra herparina dn change your needle- do your sterile stick and draw.

NO one should attempt to use a syringe and needle without proper training as it can be very dangerous to do so. Many of the veins that would be acceptable to access for blood drawing are also located quite close to major arteries. If you do not know what you are doing, you can really hurt someone. Also, your definition of “a little” is very vague and just a little too much can be dangerous.

**All that I have said can be supported by the FDA, the American Red Cross, and the American Association of Blood Banks to name a few.**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Amber Mallis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andarael wrote:
Quote:

NO one should attempt to use a syringe and needle without proper training as it can be very dangerous to do so. Many of the veins that would be acceptable to access for blood drawing are also located quite close to major arteries. If you do not know what you are doing, you can really hurt someone. Also, your definition of “a little” is very vague and just a little too much can be dangerous.

I definitely agree with Andarael there, though I shouldn't be worry about such a thing any more-I'm too light-headed and sick as it is for withdraw of blood, but I have been stuck with a needle and then having it pulled back out of my skin with the nurse saying, "Oops! Sorry! That wasn't a vein! That was your skin! Laughing "... Shocked Talk about a scare right there...! You know what could have happened if she decided out of her stupidity to place the needle in a wrong-vein?!
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize that the advice was being given to help out. The fact is tho that someone who is say 13 and lying about thier age might get this info and somehow find some of this stuff mentioned, cause some major damage to someone else, and then this forum or the person posting the info could be held responsible. I am not for censoring speech, but I don't want a hassle from anyone later for it. I think after McD's being sued for coffee to hot, anything is possible.

We all appreciate the sentiment of trying to help out, but I think we might want to try to think about how things can be taken to far, and use caution.
prince dax

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have found that dead blood can still have energy with in it i drink it often but honestly fresh warm blood helps me better sometimes dead blood can prolond the beast from riseing.... sometimes
UTAHVAMP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Thought I may throw this out.. Reply with quote

If you have a fire and place a rock in it, the rock absorbs the energy and become hot. Remove the rock from the energy sourse (fire) and the energy is lost thus the rock cools. I would think blood would be much the same. The body creates the energy contained in the blood, depending on the level of energy in the blood at the time it is taken would determine how long the blood would be usefull. Just an idea I had while reading the posts.
prince dax

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Thought I may throw this out.. Reply with quote

UTAHVAMP wrote:
If you have a fire and place a rock in it, the rock absorbs the energy and become hot. Remove the rock from the energy sourse (fire) and the energy is lost thus the rock cools. I would think blood would be much the same. The body creates the energy contained in the blood, depending on the level of energy in the blood at the time it is taken would determine how long the blood would be usefull. Just an idea I had while reading the posts.

well put
nightchild

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you cut your finger it's difficult to resist to tast the blood.
but when another person is bleeding and you are in an open place one is to step away from it but still you can but feel the hunger.
UTAHVAMP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just thinking once again, lol I do that sometimes. An intersting Ideal
came to mind that perhaps someone may have more info on; yes the body creates energy, the blood carries the energy throughout the body. Now the body gets its energy from where? Other living life forms, yes, animals, plants, etc. They too are capable of creating life force and are full of it. If one was experienced enought; could one not only feed on blood, or human energy......why could one not take from plants and other living organisms as well. I am sure it would be more difficult, however the energy would be very much simalar. I know when I go to the mountains and forests I feel so alive and relaxed. Is it possible this is a pure form of energy, untainted by human emotion? I have mentioned this to many over the years and thought a lot about it however I am no scientist so the molecular energy thing well its a big text book to me. Anyone else experienced this type of experience while in nature? Just curious.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Donor & Hunger Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: