Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Beacons

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> General Vampire Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Beacons Reply with quote

There are times when we get an overwhelming urge that one of our kind, is near.. That is what is referred to as a beacon.

Sometimes a beacon is really strong and you just can't quite figure out at first, why it is that you are so drawn to a particular person. It may confuse you, intrigue you, or even annoy you. Certain times, the ones we are feeling the beacon for, are those whom we think we have absolutely nothing whatsoever in common with.

When the beacon is weak, we may easily choose to ignore it, leaving us to wonder, perhaps days later, why we didn't follow our instincts.

Why does this happen? What causes us to feel this way? What are your theories?
Kiera
Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think many times we try and process the energy of the Beacon with our Logical mind. We try and scientifically catagorize why we are drawn to someone. Is it Personality attributes? Is it Sexual? Is it curiosity?

I think it is more of a spiritual experience. And just as each one of us is unique, we connect with the energy of another person's Beacon differently. Eclecta may get a completely different reaction to my beacon than Merticus, or Night. It is almost a Chemical reaction of sorts. Different chemicals react differently with the same reactant.

But that is simply my opinion.
Kiera
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are right.. We DO try to categorize it.. Seems like we are taught to organize everything into nice little neat categories.. and something things just don't fit. That seems to confuse us, so it adds to the appeal.
cathmael

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is a reaction to any person with a non-normal energy pattern in an area.
I'm not a vampire (gasp!) and I can see/feel the difference when I am out and about. If I'm not careful, I trip people's radar too.

Then again, there is a loose definition of normal these days anyway.
Emerald

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also can feel, see and even sometimes smell others energy. It is a strange thing. I have had extreme drawings to others before and the same to me.
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cathmael, I think lots of folks notice the diff in the energy, tho most don't really try to pinpoint why it is diff.

Also I have met several whom I just knew were vamp based JUST on the energy etc, but they were the types whom would never believe it in a million years, so they just go around doing their thing and not ever actually realizing that this is in fact why others shy away from being near them for extended periods of time... Eh anyway..

Emerald, its funny you should mention smelling energy! I just recently was talking to someone about this. It is a theory that we were discussing about those who can smell energy being predominantly sanguines.. Tho I have no idea if it is true. We only know of a handfull who can smell energy and it does appear that they are sangs, there are also other sangs I know who have never mentioned smelling, tho I didn't ask them all either... Anyway, are you sang?
Maloryn
House Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting.
My ability to discern energy patterns are based on smell / taste.

Ehran V
Emerald

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eclecta, sorry it s been months since I have been on here, but to answer your question about being a sang, the answer is no. But, I can defiently smell energy sometimes I can taste it as well. I have myself only known of a few others in my life that have been capable of doing this.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> General Vampire Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: