Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Vampyric Morality

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> General Vampire Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maloryn
House Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Vampyric Morality Reply with quote

I'm always intrigued by how we justify (those who feel the need to justify) or ballance our need to feed on others with our morals, moires or sense of karma.

I'm curious about the opinions of others, especially other sanguinarians, about what (if any) obligation one should feel towards one's donor.

I'm picking on the other Sangs more than the Psi's because there is a more appreciable and tracable effect from Sang feeding than there is Psi.

If you feel this is fairly black and white to you overall (or white and white and your moral code allows you greater laxity in such things), feel free to post the situations which you WOULD feel some hesitation or inclination against accepting someone as a donor.

Ehran V
Kiera
Founding Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a very good question.

I consider this to be a fundamental and defining issue among all vampires. I have discussed the topic with other vampires and I have been quite shocked by some of their responses.

Personally I have a very high integrity when it comes to feeding. I never take what is not freely given, whether that is energy or blood. To me such savagery is the equivalent of rape. If a vampire forcibly takes blood, it is a violation of the flesh. If it is the forcible extraction of Psi energy I consider that to be a spiritual and psychic attack.

Typically I feed off the "free floating" crowd energy present in nightclubs, concerts, or various social events. On the rare occasion that I have had energy or blood donors in the past, I would never forcefully take their energy or vital blood. I find that brutish and rude.

I feel that any person whom I consider worthy enough to share the intimacy of feeding from deserves a modicum of respect. In fact do we as a society not owe a certain amount of common courtesy and respect to one another regardless of whether they are intimately bound to us or not?

While as Vampires we do have a primal and sometimes bestial nature, I also believe that as Human Animals we are responsible and in control of our actions.

Also I do not agree with those who would justify their actions calling non-vampires "cattle" or "food." This is fundamentally the same attitude that has fueled immeasurable misery, persecution and genocide for millennia. The "We are More Human than they are" mentality is the folly of man.

Kiera
Maloryn
House Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To stir things up a bit:

Do you normally consider the relationship you share with your donor an exclusive one?

Does it exclude intimate relationships with others?

If your donor is not also your significant other, does this cause issues of morality? (as feeding is rarely non-sensual for both involved)

Does the act of feeding from a donor imply that there is some sort of bond between the two of you? ... to clarify, do you then owe them something to "ballance" the feeding?

How long do you feed from the same donor and under what expectations?

How do you determine if the donor - vampyre relationship is a healthy one or if you should end it?

These were the sorts of questions I intended to instigate. Unfortunately, my post was made in some haste and I was not very clear.

In response to your post, however, Kiera, I find that most "better than human" belief vampyres (at least those Sangs whom I've had some experience with) have a bit too much brain-poisoning from White Wolf fiction.

Ehran V
Kiera
Founding Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you are a devilish one who likes to stir the pot I see?! Heavens now everyone will see what an idealistic sap I am!

1) Do you normally consider the relationship you share with your donor an exclusive one?

A: I am not 100% clear on the contex of your question, but will do my best to explain. I would not accept a donor who was a "house donor." I do not see the energy/blood exchange as a transaction, as though the donor were an ATM with a limitless balance to exploit. To me a direct energy exchange, as oppossed to generalized crowd feeding, is intimate by nature and should be treated with a certain reverance.

2) Does it exclude intimate relationships with others?

A: Yes and No. I have maintained a relationship with a Psi energy donor that did not include a romantic involvement. Both of us were free to persue other romantic involvements. However with a Blood donor, there is definitely more intimacy and risk involved. Personally I feel that taking a blood donor is the pinnicle of intimacy. You must trust them explictly and I would not be willing to share them with another person as a lover or as a donor.

3) If your donor is not also your significant other, does this cause issues of morality? (as feeding is rarely non-sensual for both involved)

A: It can. I believe I answered this question within the last.

4) Does the act of feeding from a donor imply that there is some sort of bond between the two of you? ... to clarify, do you then owe them something to "ballance" the feeding?

A: In short yes. Some people can have sex with anyone and not feel an attachment, spiritual intimacy or a sense of responsibility to their partner. So I am sure there are vampires who see their donors as simply a vessle for the energy they require. That is a rather callous and unfeeling view in my opinion. However it is just my opinion.

For me a donor is like a rare gem to be treasured and respected. I wouldn't say I "owe" them anything as I stated earlier I do not consider feeding a transaction. That would be the equivalent of saying dinner and a movie is a transaction for sexual favors in a relationship.

5) How long do you feed from the same donor and under what expectations?

A: As in any interpersonal relationship, the amount of time the relationship lasts is variable. Just as friends and lovers may come and go due to an infinite number of reasons. The amount of time a vampire feeds from a donor and the expectations involved are decided on a case by case basis.

6) How do you determine if the donor - vampyre relationship is a healthy one or if you should end it?

A: As in the previous question, relationships between vampire and donor mirror any interpersonal relationship. Some are healthy, some are not. Sometimes a healthy relationship deteriorates due to inner or outside influences. Sometimes we refuse to see that we are involved with in an unhealthy relationship. Afterall we are still made of blood and bone.

As Far as White Wolf poisoning. I would doubt anyone who is that heavily influenced by White Wolf is a true vampire. I would suspect they were more along the lines of a Blood fetishist rather than a true Sang vampire.

I have been an Avid RPG'er for over 6 years and played many different game systems including but not limited to White Wolf. However Any real vampire can distinguish the difference between a fictional construct and the real dimension we travel day to day.

I was refering more to the historical events such as The Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, The Indian Wars of the Western frontier, The Armenian and Jewish holocausts, and various genocidal wars over the history of humankind that were justified by the "They Aren't Really Human" or the "We are More Human Than They Are" argument.

Kiera
Maloryn
House Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Devilish"?
The lady is too kind.

The "exclusivity" was in regards to questioning whether or not one should or would have 2 or more donors simultaniously or whether nor that would fall under the "cheating" clause of more romantic entanglements.
In similar vein, if you had an intimate relationship with someone who was not your donor, how would that alter your relationship with your donor or acquiring donors?

Point for you on the "dinner and a movie" comment, however.

Ehran V
Kiera
Founding Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I'm Three Kind....

Sorry... far too many years at Rocky Horror Picture Show!

Personally I would see having more than one donor at any given time as the equivalent to sexual/relationship polyamoury. I don't have a problem with other people doing it, but it's not my thing. Hell it's hard enough to deal with one person in an intimate relationship! Plus I think those Greedy bastards are stealing all the good "catches" donors and otherwise.... and thats why I can't find a donor/partner I can tolerate for more than 10 Minutes!

Again having a seperate donor from an intimate partner just seems like a very sticky juggling act. Some people can pull it off, but it's not my strong suit.

Thank you for reminding me how "square" I am in such relationships. However I always ask myself one simple question before getting involved in a relationship...." Is this person or the parameters of this relationship going to earn me a trip to the Jerry Springer show?" If the answer is Yes, It's like.... Check Please!!!

**Disclaimer: the above statements are heavily laced with sarcasm. It was not intended to offend or attack anyone's lifestyle or personality. If you can't take a joke... Well then be pissed!**

Kiera
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Do you normally consider the relationship you share with your donor an exclusive one?

A: I think it depends... I don't like to have one single donor.. It makes me feel limited... I don't like to take to much and if I have only one then my needs are not going to be met...

A: Absolutely not..

3) If your donor is not also your significant other, does this cause issues of morality? (as feeding is rarely non-sensual for both involved)

A: My main donor is my husband... I also ambiently feed tho as well, and sometimes I take an extra donor or two.. It all depends. There are certain times of the year I need more... sometimes I need less.

4) Does the act of feeding from a donor imply that there is some sort of bond between the two of you? ... to clarify, do you then owe them something to "ballance" the feeding?

A: There is always a bond.. Anytime you take something that precious from another living being you extend some of yourself into that person (tendrils). That will cause a bond regardless in my opinion. Unless you only ambiently feed or as Kiera put it feed from the "free floating" energy, then you are taking something vital from someone else...

A: I've had my husband for 5 years.. but anyone else .. well they seem to come and go..

6) How do you determine if the donor - vampyre relationship is a healthy one or if you should end it?

A: If they get all psycho, possessive, or needy, I always tend to back up.. I don't need that and I have had it happen before, tho it is more common I find with female sang donors that with male or psi donors... If it is healthy they understand and don't try to dominate your time or become too demanding with you..
Merticus
Site Admin & Founding Member

Game Trophies:  1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A: No - less otherwise agreed upon

A: No

A: No - I can easily separate the two in my mind and not cross those lines

4) Does the act of feeding from a donor imply that there is some sort of bond between the two of you? ... to clarify, do you then owe them something to "balance" the feeding?

A: Yes

A: Longest: 6+ years / Shortest: Once; under expectation they agree to such and understand the commitment

A: If I'm getting what I need without causing harm to the donor (healthy) & if the donor begins to exhibit signs of erratic behavior or a prolonged negative emotional state (unhealthy)
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else?
NoiteGatta

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: late reply to Marolyn Reply with quote

By way of explanation my answers are form the point of view of a physio/psi vampire that feeds from romantic or sexual energy.
[
b]Do you normally consider the relationship you share with your donor an exclusive one?[/b]

No. if i were to take all I needed from one doner they would become depressed or bonded to me. That is not morally right. On the other hand if I found a high energy doner I would willing to be bonded but I would still take non physical energy outside the relationship.

no..and yes. If a doner (I hate that word) partner, is jealous or possessive then it will negativly charge the energy and taint it as to be unuseable. I currently have 2 doners, one knows what I am the other does not. Both are consenting and know about each other. By splitting my feedings between the two I (and they) remain satified without emotional draining.

If your donor is not also your significant other, does this cause issues of morality? (as feeding is rarely non-sensual for both involved)

it does cause me a bit of angst. I find that moral conflict makes the urge to feed stronger as I am using alot of my energy justifing feeding. It is preferable for me to be monogomus, but I have caused harm at times just because of taking too much energy and I hate to do that to someone I love.

Does the act of feeding from a donor imply that there is some sort of bond between the two of you? ... to clarify, do you then owe them something to "ballance" the feeding?

I don't feel an obligation to the partner that knows what I am. He is empowered by my abilities and considers it a priviledge to fullfill me. The other I try to give him a small "kick-back" each time so that he is in a positve mental state.

I feed until I need a change. It varies. How long can you have a taste for steak, or cheesecake before it becomes unpaletable. I have met 2 doners who were able to make changes in their energy signature that kept me truly satisfied for years.

How do you determine if the donor - vampyre relationship is a healthy one or if you should end it?

Once the energy becomes "thick" I can't explain it..like molasses. Normally energy feels like hot water in my solor plexus...it feels clean..once the feeling becomes labored, like trying to drink syrup. I know it is time to move on.
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean about the energy getting thick. It sticks to you... Have you ever touched someone who looked clean and healthy but just had an overwhelming urge to wash your hands? It reminds me of that feeling.
Andarael
House Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you normally consider the relationship you share with your donor an exclusive one?

**No. I feel that it would be wrong to exclusively feed from one donor all of the time. We all know that this leads too many consequences (ie., co-dependency) that we would like to avoid if at all possible.

** Of course not! Feeding for me is very sensual and indeed intimate but regarding intimacy, my husband comes first and any donor that I consider is made aware of that first and must be able to understand or there is no point to consider the potential relationship further.

**I am VERY fortunate in that my husband is vamp also and completely understands my needs (and I understand his). We know that it is far better for us to have donors and to feed than for us to abstain. When we have gone long periods without feeding, our relationship suffers. As we all know, the need to feed can drive us insane and we'd rather feed than to take it out on one another.

**There is always a bond! We engage in a very intimate, sensual act in feeding. It's not like "one night stand" sex. It is a deeper communion as we are taking from the essence of a person regardless of technique. As for the owing of something in return, I think it depends on the donor and the circumstance. Some are understanding of the situation and are just happy to be a donor. Their return is knowing that they've helped someone. Others need and expect a return on their investment.

**I have a donor that I've been involved with for about 6 years now. Other than her, they come and go.

**If I'm still feeding well and if the donor remains healthy then it's all good. IF said donor becomes jealous, possessive, if their energy becomes as NoiteGatta said "thick like molasses" (I do SO know what you mean girl!), or if I feel the relationship has become stagnant then it is time to go.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> General Vampire Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: