Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Second Awakening

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Awakening
View previous topic :: View next topic  
siege

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Second Awakening Reply with quote

Has anyone heard of this? This was totally a new concept to me when someone mentioned it on another board I post on. I tried to find the post that explained it, but it was on an EZ Board, and it has been deleted. In any case, the poster, a female, kind of likened it to menopause. She said it generally happens around middle age, and some don't experience it at all. She said the most marked differences were the changes in her feeding habits, and her adverse vampiric symptoms lessened.
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard of this.. But the thing is, that the one I heard of this from, has been know to exaggerate things a bit, and if I am not mistaken was found out to have some sort of multiple personality disorder as well. So, I am not sure about the validity of it.

I can see how in a sense that awakening is a process so perhaps there IS more to come.. Who knows though? Anyone else?
cathmael

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy as people we are constantly evolving, mentally and physically. It is not uncommon for people to change periodically and have a re-awakening of sorts when it happens. I have seen it in my older friends.
TheWisp

Game Trophies:  1
Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I myself find that my first awakening was more like a ... roll over and hit the alarm clock, then sit in bed for a few minutes cursing the early hour.

I thought it would have been a lot like what I thought Buddhist enlightenment was. I thought I'd spring out of bed fully dressed with no bed head. You hit a certain point and, voila, you're there. I was apparently wrong about both.

*shrugs* Second awakening? I might call these recent days that, but it's just a convenient marker. Nothing essentially different.
cathmael

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found that as I get older, my skills build, and I perceive things differently as I understand more of the universe around me (I can't understand it completely or I go away.....). It could simply be the weight of experience.

But I don't think it would be uncommon for folks to go through changes, and development where they would rely less on energy from others and found a more (I hesitate to use the word) "normal" energetic metabolism.

On the opposite side, it would be possible for someone to become more reliant on energy from others as they aged as well...

We constantly change, nothing about us is really static.
DRIST
House Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awakening is a individual process for each person. It is a transformation that can take some time and without proper direction or information can remain stagnant. I went through it in my "own" way. And to a certain extent I am continuing to do so. I would say the process is continuous and evolving. But as for just waking up one day and realizing that your going to awaken the second time is somewhat odd. Who knows?
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think as we awaken when we are young, we never really stop awakening to a certain extend. We just continually evolve and grow, and become more of who were are suppose to be in the first place.
Xaphaniel

Game Trophies:  5
Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRIST wrote:
Awakening is a individual process for each person. It is a transformation that can take some time and without proper direction or information can remain stagnant. I went through it in my "own" way. And to a certain extent I am continuing to do so. I would say the process is continuous and evolving. But as for just waking up one day and realizing that your going to awaken the second time is somewhat odd. Who knows?

i would say the same there Drist when we do awaken the experiance is most often over whelming but as it goes on we do awaken to new parts of our selves takeing things to a new light but as the first was the most traumatic then the rest is something we deal with beter and to a point only relise it afterwards as a sort of awakaning proccess

Xaph
prince dax

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eclecta wrote:
I think as we awaken when we are young, we never really stop awakening to a certain extend. We just continually evolve and grow, and become more of who were are suppose to be in the first place.

i agree i myself lately have been changeing or evolveing as a friend here as put it
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Awakening All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: