Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Types of Awakening

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Awakening
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arcane

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Types of Awakening Reply with quote

Ok, after reading the different Awakening topics, I began to wonder something about the concept.

My first Awakening was Empathic. That happened when I was in my early teens. I was coming to terms with it and then my second awakening hit.

My second was Precognition, when I was around 15. I began having precog dreams and then the events would happen in my life. This really freaked me out. Then I started having memories of past lives.

My third was Magick, in my early 20’s. I suddenly became aware of the incredibly magickal world we live in.

My fourth was when I was in my late 20's. I was introduced to the Norse Gods. It is quite a shock when you talk to the Gods and they talk back.

My 6th and most recent was about 6 months ago, age 37, when I awakened to Vampirism.

So I guess my question is, do you folks have similar 'awakenings' and do you consider all these to be stages of Vampiric Awakening? Or are there other kinds of Awakening too?

Thanks!

Arcane
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awakening is a process.. It can come in stages like you are mentioning. For diff ppl tho, it is one gradual process that never really stops. I guess everyone is different though in their own way.

My own awakening was first just realizing I was different, and then building on that to the point of accepting it, and then a spiritual awakening where I realized that the answers I sought were inside me.
RedRaven
House Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second Eclecta. Its an ongoing process of self discovery, and yet has some limits that could be interpreted as stages. I don't really recall having an awakening with my Psi side because it was so much a part of me from day to day, and I thought it came from somewhere else at the time. It wasn't until about age 18 I related it to vampirism. And several months later my sang side made an appearance due to the proximity of another vamp and his influence on my life. I've had several events take place since then in my development, as a person and a vampire, but I don't know if I would say they were the same as those first awakenings. Perhaps if we had a rating scale... Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Awakening All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: