Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Reading

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Chaos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrMysteriis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: Reading Reply with quote

Here is a list of books that i think would be benificail to anyone wanting to learn about Chaos Magick and even the High Magicks as a whole. While in my opinon Magick is very personal and not something to learn from a book but something to find within yourself and from workings in the astral realms. But books can be great resource tools so they therefore have an important place in Magick.

Here are a few books i find very usefull to have in my collection:
1.The Seven Faces of Darkness (Practical Typhonian Magic) by Don Webb
2.The Occult Art Of War .by Seth
3.Condensed Chaos: An Introduction to Chaos Magic by Phil Hine
4.The Pseudonomicon by Phil Hin
5.Liber Null & Psychonaut by Peter J. Carroll
6.Psybermagick: Advanced Ideas in Chaos Magic by Peter J. Carroll
7.Liber Kaos by Peter J. Carroll
8.Post-Modern Magick by Seth
9.High Magic by Frater U.:D.:
10.The Magician's Companion (Llewellyn's High Magick Series)'
11. TechGnosis : Myth, Magic, and Mysticism in the Age of Information
by Erik Davis
12.Basic Sigil Magic by Phillip Cooper
13.The 48 Laws Of Power by Robert Greene
14.Three Books Of Occult Philosophy by H.C.Agrippa
15.The Holy Books Of Thelema by Alester Crowley
16. The Golden Dawn .Israel Regardie
17.The Book of the Sacred Magic of Abramelin The Mage .Mathers
18. Chaos & Sorcery by Nicolas Hall (only 300 copys ever printed)
19.The Goetia the Lesser Key of Solomon the King: Lemegeton, Book 1 Clavicula Salomonis Regis -- by S. L. MacGregor Mathers

the list could go on forever but this is where you will find many wounderfull views and forms of practice.

Online Resources:
www.chaosmagic.com
http://www.chaosmatrix.org/
http://www.esotericarchives.com/esoteric.htm
http://www.sacred-texts.com/index.htm
http://www.wisdomsdoor.com/

i hope you find some of this usefull.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta a ? for ya.. When you read The Goetia, did it give you vivid dreams? I have had two diff ppl tell me that about the book...
MrMysteriis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: RE:dreams Reply with quote

i always have very vivid dreams but when reading some of the great grimoras like that it will make you have dreams. they say haveing the book Sacred Magic of Abramelin The Mage in your keeping will open doors.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of thought that too. It seems like if you are ready for the answers you seek, then they will come, if your mind is open enough to accept it and understand it.

One of my friends whom I was referring to, said he couldn't finish the book. It was too intense for him.
zero
Founding Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Batman Reply with quote

I read the Goetia and forgot it - guess it didn't pluck my magic twanger.

Right now on my desk is a copy of Pop Culture Magick by Taylor Ellwood, which I really am enjoying. I particularly love the concept of using the directed mental energy of pop culture at specific icons to invoke appropriate god-forms.

I was thinking about Batman. I think that with the world focused on Batman, with the movie out and more on the way, millions of kids watching the cartoon and readong the comic book, rich little pop culture subtleties to know and treasure (like Adam West being the voice of the mayor on Family Guy), and the attention of scholars on the Batman myth, plus an entire generation who've grown up with Batman as their role model, I think that a Batman god-form is not only possible, but likely.

I attended a lecture on how Batman's mythology aligns with the legend of the Knights of Shambala. I've seen people nearly get into fistfights over whether Batman could beat Superman, I've been that psycho who nearly started a fistfight over whether Batman could beat Superman.

For the record, EVERY TIME, man! Batman is a freaking Ninja!

-z
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean god forms as in like pop god forms from pop culture?
cathmael

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you could use just about any idea or person that gets a lot of cultural focus as a god-form. I mean, people invoke Darwin's name all the time, people are already praying to the now ex-pope for intervention on their behalf, and a figure like Batman has decades of people's energy put into it.

The god-form/head is an interesting concept. But I guess you would have to
select a form complimentary to the work you are trying to perform.

I think it should also be possible to use stereotypes as well for this function, like The Mother, or maybe The Grandmother. I mean we have millenia of usage on these concepts and they should be very usable in this same context.

Any thoughts?
Xaphaniel

Game Trophies:  5
Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would have to agree there some of the characters from comic books have been arund for genarations and the energy that young children and adults alike put into them are femominal to say the least so the energy is there to use them as egrigors or even cybermorphs to use during magickal practise the best part on that is most good toy shops carry models of these characters so yo uhave a physical representation for the alter so to say

my prefrence on it was the todd mcfarlane figres and comics as some of the entites from this are more demon like and serve for a more terifying presence when used as a fetish or cybermorph

with the goatia i ound it an informative peice of work but not all that i found in it was usefull i think once you condence what you have read and use more of your mind that they suggest in ritual then it works beter for you but my dreams only changed once i had begun practise on working with sertain demons from its galeries

Xaph
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I agree.. Not all of it is useful.. Some of it is though.. Pretty interesting..
Xaphaniel

Game Trophies:  5
Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm things like the Goatia and other works of Soloman the abremelin and so on were all written by chritian monks wel the revised and transcripts origonaly so i think alot of it was put there to put people off practasing the rites through out it hence the vast and scary warrnings through it but as everything changes so does the magickal systems so we can do more with less of it

xaph
Maloryn
House Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this and it reminded me of the above conversation...

Yea, random amusement.

---Mal/Ehran
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that rocks!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Chaos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: