Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

The Nine Satanic Sins

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Gnostics / OTO / Satanism / Luciferianism
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: The Nine Satanic Sins Reply with quote

The Nine Satanic Sins

by Anton Szandor LaVey ©1987

1. Stupidity—The top of the list for Satanic Sins. The Cardinal Sin of Satanism. It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity. It depends on people going along with whatever they are told. The media promotes a cultivated stupidity as a posture that is not only acceptable but laudable. Satanists must learn to see through the tricks and cannot afford to be stupid.

2. Pretentiousness—Empty posturing can be most irritating and isn’t applying the cardinal rules of Lesser Magic. On equal footing with stupidity for what keeps the money in circulation these days. Everyone’s made to feel like a big shot, whether they can come up with the goods or not.

3. Solipsism—Can be very dangerous for Satanists. Projecting your reactions, responses and sensibilities onto someone who is probably far less attuned than you are. It is the mistake of expecting people to give you the same consideration, courtesy and respect that you naturally give them. They won’t. Instead, Satanists must strive to apply the dictum of “Do unto others as they do unto you.” It’s work for most of us and requires constant vigilance lest you slip into a comfortable illusion of everyone being like you. As has been said, certain utopias would be ideal in a nation of philosophers, but unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately, from a Machiavellian standpoint) we are far from that point.

4. Self-deceit—It’s in the “Nine Satanic Statements” but deserves to be repeated here. Another cardinal sin. We must not pay homage to any of the sacred cows presented to us, including the roles we are expected to play ourselves. The only time self-deceit should be entered into is when it’s fun, and with awareness. But then, it’s not self-deceit!

5. Herd Conformity—That’s obvious from a Satanic stance. It’s all right to conform to a person’s wishes, if it ultimately benefits you. But only fools follow along with the herd, letting an impersonal entity dictate to you. The key is to choose a master wisely instead of being enslaved by the whims of the many.

6. Lack of Perspective—Again, this one can lead to a lot of pain for a Satanist. You must never lose sight of who and what you are, and what a threat you can be, by your very existence. We are making history right now, every day. Always keep the wider historical and social picture in mind. That is an important key to both Lesser and Greater Magic. See the patterns and fit things together as you want the pieces to fall into place. Do not be swayed by herd constraints—know that you are working on another level entirely from the rest of the world.

7. Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies—Be aware that this is one of the keys to brainwashing people into accepting something new and different, when in reality it’s something that was once widely accepted but is now presented in a new package. We are expected to rave about the genius of the creator and forget the original. This makes for a disposable society.

8. Counterproductive Pride—That first word is important. Pride is great up to the point you begin to throw out the baby with the bathwater. The rule of Satanism is: if it works for you, great. When it stops working for you, when you’ve painted yourself into a corner and the only way out is to say, I’m sorry, I made a mistake, I wish we could compromise somehow, then do it.

9. Lack of Aesthetics—This is the physical application of the Balance Factor. Aesthetics is important in Lesser Magic and should be cultivated. It is obvious that no one can collect any money off classical standards of beauty and form most of the time so they are discouraged in a consumer society, but an eye for beauty, for balance, is an essential Satanic tool and must be applied for greatest magical effectiveness. It’s not what’s supposed to be pleasing—it’s what is. Aesthetics is a personal thing, reflective of one’s own nature, but there are universally pleasing and harmonious configurations that should not be denied.
Malhavoc's

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't he publish those, a basic intro and rituals in the bible thats now comenly circulated?
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I think so.. but not sure.
gothik

Game Trophies:  1
Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lest not we forget the 11 rules of the earth, of which both those and the 9 sins, usually give me a good laugh, like stupidity for instance. It is increasingly accurate to say that our world thrives on it - sadly, esp. the media and politicians who I have grown to hate. Although some of the tenets of Satanism I disagree with for my own belief, some of them I think are highly relative to making one's way through the world.
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel free to post those in a new thread if ya want. Wink
nightchild

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have little books here on satanisme to read on it so many thing's come from what others are saying. and what one can find the net?
gothik

Game Trophies:  1
Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: 11 rules of the Earth Reply with quote

Sweet.. okay:

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth

by Anton Szandor LaVey ©1967

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

9. Do not harm little children.

10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

More info @: http://www.churchofsatan.com/home.html

Personally, materialism isn't my spiritual gig, but I have respect for some of the tenets b/c they seem rather common-sense, and other parts of it do fit in well with my own moral ideals. I think that it is unfortunate how many people hear the term SATANISM and automatically assume its about child sacrifice and fail to see the open-ended applications of some of the tenets and concepts into a wider range of reality.
nightchild

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

materialisme has nothing to do with spiritualisme.
But yet respecting anothers way's of thinking or way of life that one can agree with. The not touching anothers property when forbiden unless they offer it to you then you may execept it.
Abuse of childeren within satanic cirkels can have serious effect upon a child psychological.
"Only kill what you are going to eat" I think it was a native american tribe whom said this.
Walking on open ground there are always those whom will challlenge but yet when it's of no good ignore them and walk away before they can use it against you.
Amber Mallis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get to read all of the book while I had it, but remember how I said earlier that "sometimes books come to me from others"? The Satanic Bible was one of them. It was mine to own, to read when ever I pleased, but sadly I was only sixteen years-old when I held it, so it was taken away from me (-yes, I gave a fight, because it's someone else's bible about to be thrown out and it is a book, and I think that no book should be thrown out, but I got my revenge...I burned their own bible right in front of their faces. Yes, my parents were grieved and I only told them, "That's how I feel...feel my own pain...").
But, I skimmed through the Satanic Bible at times, and I fell in love with what Anton LeVay's story about his reason of the law of "love" (it went something like this, and please remember that he does have a sense of humor inside all that he writes and tells):

"Once, I went to a local tent near by, in which men will always stare at the half-naked women, gawk and taunt for more. I looked over and saw this same man always there every day. He told me that he has a wife, yet he comes to this every day; when he comes home, he prays for his God to forgive him each time. He is only contridicting himself by trying to say yes, whilst saying no.

No one can ever say yes and no at the same time. Love should not always be loved, but when it comes, you will only love one person. You cannot love everyone while having intercourse with them.-"

That's basicly what LeVay said in his words within the Satanic Bible (I got it from a good friend of mine, right now, because I was afraid that I will say his own rule wrong; my friend is Satanic but wants his name to stay confidentual, and I understand that.)

Did you know that the Satanic Bible clearly states "to hold ones breath while speaking to others"? (Which means what I said was, Satanics cannot always tell anyone basicly of what they ever learned while inside the Church Of Satan. But me, I'm a fair chance of any religion...for I do not have a religion, hence why my friend is fine with telling me all this.)
nightchild

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's true about what he is saying you can not love everybody if you have given your heart to one person then you have done more then you think. But there always those whom love one woman and still have more sex with another t come home and pray to there god and just sit there lying about it anyway.
in the beginning of the book is written that Anton Zandor Lavey used to be a Christian before the change of mind of what he saw as a child growing up.To me many religions still hold a degree of hypocracy so if anyone want's to read the book of Anton Zander Lavey it doens't mean you have the mark them as Satanic.
Here lays the misconception of all one could advice others to read the older scriptures whom tend to tell a whole diffirent story.
Amber Mallis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yes, I do believe in what he says, "-yes, you can say that you love many and not mean it at all-", but I also believe in the Pagan saying too, "-Do what you feel, love to no end-" and "-love others, until you find that One-". So basicly, I "love" someone, but I do not mean it, yet I show "love" through sex. That's what I believe in-or at least my friends show that to me a lot... Rolling Eyes
nightchild

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some see sex as a way of asking for love but some see it as just sex without any form of love. Some try to save the world but can't save themselves,some try to love all but hate themselves.
Wicca is saying do what you feel it's about following your nature
and nature is very tricky.
Amber Mallis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, I definitely know about nature...especially in one of my beginning past lives...
Nature can be very tricky, indeed... Shocked
nightchild

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nature is very tricky but so is the mind 2 side is holds first you have the light then you have the darkness.
To bath in darkness you first must have to bath in the light it's all about ballance. without ballance this world would have been completely destroyed.But just look at the news and see what is going on try to see there is no coincidence to anything.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Gnostics / OTO / Satanism / Luciferianism All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: