Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Here's an odd one for ya:

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> General Vampire Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michi-san

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Here's an odd one for ya: Reply with quote

I gotta weird question for everyone: Whenever you crave/hunger, does your appetite for food skyrocket? Whenever I start having cravings (blood/energy), I start eating everything in the house. It's like I am constantly hungry, but food in general doesn't satisfy me. Or sometimes I will be hungry, but no food looks appetizing. Does anyone else have this problem, or am I just that odd? Wink
Lord_Abdou

Game Trophies:  7
Hall Of Fame Member
View My Character

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem Michi-san , i eat meat , meat , meat , meat

but i still hungry , and sometimes i really hate eat anythings .
nightchild

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

V-8 is good for blood.
But so far i havn'f found which will replace the hunger for energy.
Lord_Abdou

Game Trophies:  7
Hall Of Fame Member
View My Character

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

V-8 ?
nightchild

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

V-8 is a vegetable drink (8 vitamines) maybe they don't sell in it Marrocco. But here they have it in the stores. which is good for the it has the vitamines the body needs and it does silence a hunger.
It's the kind of drink you can have everyday but eventualy the hunger will grow especially when it comes to enegry there is no substituted for this unless meditation to even out the your energy's.
But i would recommend V-8 or something similar because it's healty.
zero
Founding Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(I remember mixing V-8 or tomato juice with orange juice, 50% of each, and keeping that in the fridge to help with really bad vampire days. Vampires I knew back in the early '90's used to swear by it, but muggles would really get grossed out at the combination.)

OK, so I posted in the "my thoughts on food" topic, and then scrolled down here to see the same observation playing out: when vampires are energy-deficient or blood-hungry, sometimes we'll try to compensate for it by eating too much.

I really wonder if switching to a mostly-raw diet in response to this type of hunger will have positive effects on the energy deficiency as well, and/or will be able to temporarily put off the blood thirst? The Chinese chi theory I have heard about seems to advocate raw foods for chi balance and cultivation, but also suggests that eating too much of anything actually makes energy problems worse by forcing the body to process too much at once, using up energy and imbalancing what's left. So when in this state, it's possible that eating only a few fruits or raw vegetables may improve things in a way that eating everything in the house will not.

-z
nightchild

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard of it a regular meditation enough moving around like sports martial arts. By working with energy you become more able of channeling your energy flow(life force).
Eating to much and to fast makes it impossible for the body to burn the fats it needs and to eat before going to sleep can cause your body to react and it can cause bad dreams.
Low energy leads to fatigue,depressions,not enough sleep,iritated easly,agression,....
But there are ways of working with agression it's better to let it out then to keep it inside and there is no way you can surpress it.
Healthy mind & body means the energy's are balanced out.
Amber Mallis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I just had that problem. Last Saturday at my birthday party with my friends, we were at the bowling alley and cosmic bowling, when I had a craving. So I went and bought myself the most nastiest cheese fries alive. Then when I stopped eating, I was still hungry in a way. Then I got tired with bowling and my guests did too, by the way they kept scoring lower scores than before and that's when I called it quits. Then I got sick late that night because they wanted to stay up so late. So, I'm still trying to take care of myself right now from last Saturday night.
kuku

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well usually when you are hungry you crave protein, or you crave a certain protein or sugar available in a specific food. Some people crave ice cream to get sucrose, others crave steak to get protein. It's biological response. We associate our cravings with what our bodies need.
Amber Mallis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are right. I always crave steak.
nightchild

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with me it is mostly sugar products but i do like a steak especially when it's juice and tender to cut in.
But latly i have this craven for sugar and sometimes to much.
Sandy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuku wrote:
Well usually when you are hungry you crave protein, or you crave a certain protein or sugar available in a specific food. Some people crave ice cream to get sucrose, others crave steak to get protein. It's biological response. We associate our cravings with what our bodies need.

I concur!!

Words to live by. . ."Love all, trust a few, do harm to none." -- William Shakespeare
DRIST
House Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My worst craving is as soon as I wake. The feeling is tremendous and overwhelming. Even after I eat and my stomach is full the urge is not satisfied until I find some means of dealing with the issue. Usually for me, I work out and then eat something small with lots of fluids. This gets me over until I can find energy elsewhere.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> General Vampire Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: