Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

My thoughts on food

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> General Vampire Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vampticon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: My thoughts on food Reply with quote

Has anyone else noticed the energy they get after eating fresh food.Not just the vitamins and stuff but the life energy.I notice how different I feel eating a fresh fruit or veggie compared to eating canned or frozen. Processed food just doesn't feel the same to me.Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?
RedRaven
House Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never thought about it before, but now that you mention it, I've always gone straight for fresh fruit. I'll eat canned on occasion, but it just isn't the same. There is something a little more alive about it I guess you could say.

Interesting thought.
Sandy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: My thoughts on food Reply with quote

Vampticon wrote:
Has anyone else noticed the energy they get after eating fresh food.Not just the vitamins and stuff but the life energy.I notice how different I feel eating a fresh fruit or veggie compared to eating canned or frozen. Processed food just doesn't feel the same to me.Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Actually, yes. I make the most disgusting--sometimes tolerable--fresh, green veggie/fruit shake. I add some protein powder too. And some OV coconut oil. I do feel better and my energy is really high. I use fresh (leafy) veggies and mostly fresh fruit--sometimes frozen fruit (e.g., blueberries, strawberries, cherries, etc).

I look like a fruit loop drinking this thing, but it does help me A LOT. Especially since I'm a pretty active person.

If I'm at home I try to eat pretty clean, but when I go out to eat I never hold back.

Words to live by. . ."Love all, trust a few, do harm to none." -- William Shakespeare
zero
Founding Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: raw foods Reply with quote

I have noticed the same thing, and agree - raw foods are really good for everyone, and probably especially good for vampires.

I have been told by Tai Chi practitioners that raw (vegetable and fruit) foods are higher in chi and are preferable to cooked foods. I asked about raw meats, but I think the theory in Taoist philosophy and Tai Chi is that vegetarianism is preferred in general, so raw meat and sushi doesn't come into the raw food theory.

So we're not the first to discover this - it is definitely known by some Chi theorists. Even the Juiceman guy is all freaky saying "life begets life!" about how raw juice is energy-riffic. (Seriously, I saw that infomercial and I thought of Renfield from the Bela Lugosi flick. The Juiceman guy scares me a little.)

Interestingly, the Tai Chi practitioner who advocated raw foods also said that in general, eating food takes energy away from you, rather than gives it -processing food uses energy, so even on a raw foods diet, overeating is very bad for your energy.

This puts an interesting spin on the theory that vampires might tend to overeat when subconsciously trying to compensate for energy deficiency. If it's true that the sluggish feeling one gets from overeating is more than the ordinary food coma, it could be that vampires are experiencing a nasty circle of deficiency, hunger, dysfunctional compensation with unhealthy foods, and more deficiency as a result.
Andarael
House Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. I agree with Zero.

There were times when I'd mistake vampiric cravings for food cravings though no food I could eat would make the craving go away. It's like muching on everything trying to find what it is you're wanting. Finally, I'd go out with a friend to a club or have sex with my SO and the cravings were gone.

Years later I'm able to differentiate between the two and am better able to adequately feed myself regardless of the source of the need.

I do agree with you all in that the freshest foods are always better for us physically and energetically.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> General Vampire Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: