Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Favorite Greek Myth

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
figment

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Favorite Greek Myth Reply with quote

OR NOT A MYTH dun dun duuunn

this little figment will call it a myth for simplicity.

The Rape of Persephone.
Sub-Titled: Don't Worry, She Liked It.

Persephone, daughter of Demeter and her Entourage is pickin' flowers in the feild. Suddenly, the ground opens up and Hades pops out of the ground and grabs Persephone and takes her to the underworld. (Sidestory: Persephone's entourage is turned into the sirens for not protecting her. But really, what were they going to do. Bonk Hades on the nose and say, "Bad boy, take a cold shower!")

Persephone is in the underworld and Hades wants to marry her and she's like, "Nuh uh! You just kidnapped me and broke my flowers!"

Hades is all like, "But look, I have pomegrantes!" (Pomegrantes grow extremely well in Hell. It's all that fire and brimstone.)

Now Persephone is dumb. She didn't pay attention to her Momma very well, and she gets three seeds into the pomegrante before she goes, "Wait a second, my Momma told me never to eat nothin' a stranger gave me." and stops.

Now Demeter, Persephone's mother, and goddess of the Harvest, is freaking the fuck out. She's so distraught that she causes all of the plants to die. There's nothing growing on the Earth. Thus, everything's dying, because this mother can't find her daughter, and she is searching high-and-low!

Finally, Zeus, who knew about his brother's plan that mother fucker, goes to Hades and is like, "Dude, come on, everything is turning to chaos up here. You've gotta give Persephone back."

Hades says, "Fine, fine... I'll give her back as long as I can. But she ate three of those pomegrante seeds. And as everyone knows..." (you knew, did you?) "... you have to stay in hades for as many months as you hades' fruit."

That little rascal had tricked Persephone, but on the other hand, one could say that she ate the fruit of her own accord. Whatever the case, from now until the end of time, Persephone spends 9 months of the year with her mother, and three in hell, reigning as Queen of the Underworld. And during those three months, her mother, Demeter, is so distraught that she still causes all of the plants to also go numb with mourning.

----

The anniversary of Persephone's kidnapping happens on the Fall Equinox, and she goes down to hades again every year on the first day of winter. This is classified as a life-death-rebirth myth, in the same genre as Jesus, and about a bajillion others. She had her own cult. Persephone and Demeter are sometimes seen as the same goddess, just at different ages.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Amber Mallis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow, I was just talking about this Story with my ex-boyfriend. Yes, we were fighting how the story went when you told it.

I really think you told it how my ex-lover told it to me. Laughing
Maloryn
House Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just reading a book that used this as part of its back-story and it pointed out a really ugly facet to it:

Persephone is effectively locked with her rapist for 3 months out of the year for all eternity. A quarter of eternity, with enough time in between to gain and lose hope every year.

She and Promethius could get together for a "whose life sucks worse" competition.

---Mal
Sandy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maloryn wrote:

She and Promethius could get together for a "whose life sucks worse" competition.

---Mal

Holy cow, LOL.

I am looking for some entertainment--is the book you're reading any good?

Well wishes to all,

Sandy

Words to live by. . ."Love all, trust a few, do harm to none." -- William Shakespeare
Amber Mallis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

---Mal

I don't know about that. I feel kind of sorry for Aphrodite. Zeus was upset and outraged by her "lovable ways" with men and Gods that he married her off with someone that she didn't want to be with.
figment

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to being stuck with said rapist and having to live in the underworld, Persephone becames a bitch and a true ice cold queen of the underworld. Poor girl. Was just out pickin some flowers...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: