Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Downfall of a corporate vampire

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Psi-Vampirism
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoulSplat
Founding Member

Game Trophies:  23
Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Downfall of a corporate vampire Reply with quote

I'd like to tell a story. So pull up a chair. Sit down. Order a drink, and listen if you please. Comfortable?

Well get comfy. I'm not sure how long this will take. . . .

Ok.

Don't worry its nothing too serious. Its just something I'd like to share. I just have a feeling it may help others.

I lost my job about 4 months ago. It turned out to be for the best though. I didn't fight it. I wasn't happy there and. . . it didn't really "agree" with me. Maybe you can relate. But the final straw seemed to be in a meeting with about 8 people, where I spoke up against my boss's proposed plan. Afterwards, my boss approached me privately and said, "It isn't working out. You don't seem happy here". Which, as a mentioned previously, I wasn't, so I didn't fight it. So, I soon left and found something else.

Recently, I got word (from reliable sources) of the following. There was a period if time when I was helping out a local vampire house by designing a logo. In the downtime at my desk I would occupy myself with this task. And may have outputted a logo or two with a website incorporated into it.

As it turns out, someone I worked closely with at the time saw it and went to the site. She saw that it mentioned the ingestion of blood and read no further. In her head she put two and two together and came to the conclusion she wouldn't socialize with me anymore. We'll call her Amanda.

Your talking about a period over 2 years, where Amanda felt awkward around me. She said nothing to convey it, but I sensed it. Call it body language, call it energy. . . whatever. To say those feelings weren't a factor in my unhappiness would be a lie.

But were those feelings a factor in my dismissal?

Ahhh. . . .do I now have your attention.

I guess thats up to anyone's speculation. Could she have mentioned her opinions in corporate small talk? Did she mention her beliefs to the boss in passing? Did she have a bad experience with a Sang in the past? I doubt the latter. If that was the case, I would've thought she'd talk to someone who could relate. She obviously didn't understand the concept of a Psi Vampire or anything related to contemporary vampirism.

Right. That brings me to the possibility, I may have been released due to vampirism. I doubt the boss, if/when he got wind of the site I was connected with, saw it fit to seperate himself from me. Even though he was toward the end of his life and highly Catholic. I find it hard to believe he had faith in anything but the mainstream supernatural. But I have been wrong before.

I know what your thinking. So, do you side with Todd's view of a nonSang community? Wow, that would be more socially acceptable, wouldn't it? No physical blood transfer to tie us into the government laws. Blood ingestion does seem to be the only thing connecting contemporary vamps to the vampire myth. How do I know prana isn't transfered through blood ingestion? Simply, I don't. Never done it. I'll leave that to the sangs to defend.

My gut says that my dissmisal was not due to vampirism. I do hate the fact that my activities made someone so uncomfortable that they socailly rejected me before they got to know me. I want to know the 100% unabridged version of a person. And I would hope others would want to do the same when it came to me. Too much to ask? Yet to be determined.
figment

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, it's okay for a person to not like what another person does. It's okay to be uncomfortable. If I found out that someone I was working with in a classroom group believed that the definition of "jihad" was the same as the terrorists and that Americans really are the enemy and that this person wishes he had an opportunity to do something about it, and I was correct.

I'd be uncomfortable.

People have the right to feel what they feel. It sounds to me like that person felt what she felt and she acted very cordial about it for two years... two years! That's a long time to think someone's crazy, maybe she even thought you were violent, and work in the same office with you. That's very cordial. I'm giving her props.

This is just that figment of your imagination telling you those things you know, but do not want to hear... whisper whisper... hehe...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SoulSplat
Founding Member

Game Trophies:  23
Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A respect your right to feel what you feel. I'm intrigued by different perspectives and I like to listen to them. I thrive on open mindedness. I'd love to get the views on "jhad" from someone who sides with "terrorists". Ideally that person would be open minded enough to explain their views to an "American". But the world would be a boring place if everyone was like me.

I wish she would've given me the opportunity to listen and shed some light on the topic.

I never want to be feared. And I wish she knew that.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Psi-Vampirism All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: