Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Just a physical process?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Awakening
View previous topic :: View next topic  
figment

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Just a physical process? Reply with quote

When faced with the question "Is awakening just a physical process or does it also include the process of accepting yourself as a vampire?" most vampires who have spent any significant time awakening would quickly answer "The latter!"

But these same vampires, especially when explaining their awakening, introducing themselves, or helping an awakening, often say things like, "I showed symptoms of awakening since I was in my late teens."

If you are born a vampire, and thus have everything innately in you, and awakening is both the process of the physical changes AND the mental acceptances, then it does not matter when you started showing symptoms, but only when both processes happened simutaniously. When where the physical processes happening and at the same time you were accepting these physical processes and coming to grips with them.

For example, until the age of 10, I was actually insanely tan with white hair. From four years of age to about 14 (when I got too embarrased in a bathing suit) I still went to White Water every day of the summer. Nothing in my habits of the sun changed me. Just one winter, I switched from the tan sun goddess to this pale girl with kinda light brown hair.

Later, I would call that a symptom of vampirism. 'Cause, honestly... there's no other explination. If you can find me one, I'll attribute it to that. But it is not the start of my awakening (when I was fifteen), nor a symptom of awakening. It was a symptom of vampirism. A symptom of awakening are symptoms that happen during awakening. Any other time, they're simply a symptom of vampirism.

I think often times people try to list these events to try to "extend" their time as a vampire. Which is kind of silly, if you use your head about it, because most of us agree that we're all born vampires. But then when you remember that we're all innately playing the "My fangs/penis is bigger than your fangs/penis." it makes more sense.

Some of you may wonder why I even care, it's such a little thing. But this is all about your awakening. Who is going to suffer from this? The awakenings. The potential awakenings. They are confused and looking around particularly at our stories (though often they look like testimonies) for something that seems like theirs. We need it to be correct. The instant they realize, "Okay... maybe me craving blood/ having these psychic symptoms isn't normal." is the start of their awakening. Not three years previous.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that it is a process.. It isn't just about the physical but also about acceptance, and this sometimes does take awhile.

We all go thru different stages. Some are similar and some are not... For example, we sometimes might think we are going crazy.. This is what I think is an earlier stage, because coming to terms with your own sanity can be hard, and it is usally the first thing we question. Another thing is once we realize we aren't crazy, then we sometimes go into a denial stage where we try to ignore or hide from what it is we are going thru. Acceptance is the last stage... There are some other stages perhaps depending on the person...
Malhavoc's

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phsyical change is part of who we are born to be. We change in puberty to begin with, so awakening physically is very similiar, a change of horomones/body struture leading to or resulting from Mentel Change aswell. "awakening" as a term derives from coming to or out of a sleep, I would attribute "Awakening" not to the change of the body, but to the change of the mind. To when you become "Aware" of what your body is telling you.
Michi-san

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: awakening Reply with quote

I agree that when we awaken, it is more of the mind or subconscious trying to cope with the realization that we are different. It is hard when you finally see/realize what you are. Maybe that is why some awakening vamps try to use physical changes to explain their awakening. In a sense it is like going through puberty, but not in a physical way, just more of the mind/spirit/conscious. I never really noticed any serious physical changes since my awakening. I have always been very pale, thin, etc..
kuku

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An awakening seems more spiritual than physical. Do people actually "transform" into anything different than what they were before? Depends on perspective I suppose. In a vampire's awakening, what changes?
Malhavoc's

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

our phsyical changes can be radical, hair colour eye colour phsyical appearence. but any of these can be attributed to the allready surging horomones of the already well established puberty cycle, for Sang vamps. a higher tolerance to injesting blood to attain what we would need would be one phsyical symtom, also reguarly accountered hightened smell to zero in on any sources..another physical symptom...I would say it veries from person to person
kuku

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malhavoc's wrote:
our phsyical changes can be radical, hair colour eye colour phsyical appearence. but any of these can be attributed to the allready surging horomones of the already well established puberty cycle, for Sang vamps. a higher tolerance to injesting blood to attain what we would need would be one phsyical symtom, also reguarly accountered hightened smell to zero in on any sources..another physical symptom...I would say it veries from person to person

Isn't hair and and eye color coded genetically? So wouldn't that mean that vampirism err... awakening changes the genetic code? I am a little confused, why would you need a higher tolerance to ingesting blood?
Malhavoc's

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do suggest it changeds our genetic coding , or at least lays dorment in our genetic lay out because all of what I have seen or heard does support it beign a genetic mutation.

As far as tolerance to ingesting, Sanguinarians ingest blood in order to feed, we're not all psis. I have found I can tolerate greater amounts before sickness occurs. but that could be an acculmalitive effect.
kuku

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malhavoc's wrote:
I do suggest it changeds our genetic coding , or at least lays dorment in our genetic lay out because all of what I have seen or heard does support it beign a genetic mutation.

As far as tolerance to ingesting, Sanguinarians ingest blood in order to feed, we're not all psis. I have found I can tolerate greater amounts before sickness occurs. but that could be an acculmalitive effect.

wouldn't that imply that vampirism is hereditary then? If thats the case, that would indicate a common lineage between all vampires.
Malhavoc's

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weather it is passed on to children, I do not know as I have none of my own to compare it to, and if it is-how often would a child who suddenly undergoes the blood dreams n what not upon their awakening would open to their parents in a society where it is literaly insane in most eyes...I know I never did. Then again I am adopted and cant compare to my REAL parents.

However, there is also the chance of random genetic mutation, which is also known to cause birth defects and so on and so forth. and other chances of it being a resessive genome where it would only show so often.
nightchild

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many childeren are born with birth defects?
some birth defects are related with the parents and some are not i have been under a MRI scanner and they found thru it that my brains didn't create enough oxygen for the brain for that my concentration and motor skills are lower then most ppl.
But there is nothing wrong with my parents there brains.
But for a long time ppl have been telling me i have a very good imagination and i used to drift of in class many times(daydreaming).
So now i'm sometimes looking at some symptons to understand thing's better.
kuku

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malhavoc's wrote:
Weather it is passed on to children, I do not know as I have none of my own to compare it to, and if it is-how often would a child who suddenly undergoes the blood dreams n what not upon their awakening would open to their parents in a society where it is literaly insane in most eyes...I know I never did. Then again I am adopted and cant compare to my REAL parents.

However, there is also the chance of random genetic mutation, which is also known to cause birth defects and so on and so forth. and other chances of it being a resessive genome where it would only show so often.

I can see your point. I have had several awakenings, I am certainly not a vampire, but we psychics advance over time as well. I think I can agree that if it's genetically based it's certainly confined by dominant alleles masking it.

Although I have never heard of blood dreams... can you elaborate on what they are?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Awakening All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: