Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

soul mate for vampires....?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> General Vampire Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sorran

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: soul mate for vampires....? Reply with quote

ok i dont know if this is the right term or not so please dont get mad at me.
were animals have Nimr-ra or nimr-raj
do vampires have anything like that?
like someone that your energy is just so draw to and that their energy draws u in like a mouse to cheese.
that when their around you have to touch them. feel their skin. and touching them makes you feel so energized and calm and safe at the same time.
someone that it seem your energy and theirs just play with eachother.
if so whats that person called?
if ther isnt anything like that in vamp terms them just let me know so i can stop wondering.

thanks!
Sandy

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I've only heard these terms in LK Hamilton books. I tried googling the term and came up with references to her books etc.

Maybe--someone else knows more about this than I do.

I equate the feelings you are describing to hormones, pheromones, and other biological processes. There are structures in the brain that govern emotion, and hormones' neurotransmitters are just liquid energy making your world go round. I know what you mean. . .

I do, however, believe in soul mates. But I'm a romantic. LOL.

This is an interesting question--so don't feel funny about asking this.

Words to live by. . ."Love all, trust a few, do harm to none." -- William Shakespeare
Sorran

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks.
yea i have seen that term in her books.
im reading one right now: Incubus Dreams
but i have seen it on other sites as well that when i started thinking maybe its not just a term she made up.

lol im the same.

thanks.
Sandy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorran wrote:
thanks.
yea i have seen that term in her books.
im reading one right now: Incubus Dreams
but i have seen it on other sites as well that when i started thinking maybe its not just a term she made up.

lol im the same.

thanks.

I'd love to see what you have--I'm all for broadening my horizons.

I hope that you are enjoying your summer.

Be happy, well, and safe.

All the best,
Sya

Words to live by. . ."Love all, trust a few, do harm to none." -- William Shakespeare
RedRaven
House Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know those are only terms from her books, though there are alphas and betas and so forth among wolves in nature and the weres as the hierarchy of leadership/control, I don't think there is anything like that among us. I do however think that such an occurance of desire happens with all people when they meet someone that just does it for them, maybe it is a soulmate thing, maybe not, but it is wonderful when it occurs for both parties.
nightchild

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soulmates for vampires or therions?
never really put much thought to it life is to short to keep waiting and do nothing so where ever she is she better be able to follow,or she will get lost again.
SoulSplat
Founding Member

Game Trophies:  23
Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a f#@!'in awesome question! Smile

At DragonCon in Atlanta last year ('06) there was a panel on the evolution of the "Vampire" character in literature. They danced around all the current literary stars including LK Hamilton. I really wish this question was asked. But I'm sure you would've stumped them.

If they did reply they probably would've replied with something similar to my opinion (I'm giving them the benifit of the doubt because Michelle Belanger WAS on the panel) which is similar to RedRaven's belief. And RedRaven, please say so if I'm off-base.

I think this is the point at which your spiritual beliefs cross over with your functional day to day practices. First of all, you'd have to determine which VAMPIRISM is for you. A practice or a belief system. And that's not something I'm prepared to argue with anyone. Its a personal choice or more correct – a feeling. Or even more correct – an instinct.

People could argue for weeks on the definition of a "soul". Its something that's never been proven and probably never will.

Instead of babbling on and on, I think its fair to say both you and I have been cursed since birth with the desire of a soulmate. I myself have never read LK Hamilton so I'm not familiar with the terms you used. But I believe there is a soulmate out there for me. And I believe there is one out there for you too.

I don't know if I've helped but nevertheless, I hope you keep asking the difficult questions. Dont ever stop.Smile

And if I find myself at a similar panel next year, I promise to ask your question.
RedRaven
House Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad, Danke SoulSplat.
SoulSplat
Founding Member

Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedRaven wrote:
Not bad, Danke SoulSplat.

Glad you approve. I was hopeing (sp?) I didnt overstep my bounds:)
RedRaven
House Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries. Cool
prince dax

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: soul mate for vampires....? Reply with quote

Sorran wrote:
ok i dont know if this is the right term or not so please dont get mad at me.
were animals have Nimr-ra or nimr-raj
do vampires have anything like that?
like someone that your energy is just so draw to and that their energy draws u in like a mouse to cheese.
that when their around you have to touch them. feel their skin. and touching them makes you feel so energized and calm and safe at the same time.
someone that it seem your energy and theirs just play with eachother.
if so whats that person called?
if ther isnt anything like that in vamp terms them just let me know so i can stop wondering.

thanks!

I believe what you are describeing is a strong vamperic connection with someone not many of us are lucky to experience this kind of connection the first time i had a connection like this was with Natalie Kytis she was a sang like me and my first love we were so well connected to each other we always knew when we needed each other when someone gets a strong connection like this with some one and all of a suded it is gone i can tell you from my persional experience it is very depressing and you tend to have thoughts of death
it took me a long time to come to terms with louseing Natalie but i have and to be honest i have a new connection with some one new
i feel as if i have been under water suffacating and at long last i have a breath of fresh air Very Happy
http://darkprincesnetwork.ning.com/
Sandy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: soul mate for vampires....? Reply with quote

prince dax wrote:

I believe what you are describeing is a strong vamperic connection with someone not many of us are lucky to experience this kind of connection the first time i had a connection like this was with Natalie Kytis she was a sang like me and my first love we were so well connected to each other we always knew when we needed each other when someone gets a strong connection like this with some one and all of a suded it is gone i can tell you from my persional experience it is very depressing and you tend to have thoughts of death
it took me a long time to come to terms with louseing Natalie but i have and to be honest i have a new connection with some one new
i feel as if i have been under water suffacating and at long last i have a breath of fresh air Very Happy

yes, there are some ties that don't bite or mark. They just twine and tether as they ought to--linking the most unsuspecting people.
-----

Very sweet. Much luck, Dax.

May Fortuna grant you great luck in the land of disillusioned love.

Seriously, if you are happy then I am happy.Well wishes for a long and merry life full of love and wonderment.

I am glad you are doing better.

Rock on,
Sandy

SoulSplat
Founding Member

Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks as if there are 2 instances at this years Dcon where MB and Guiley are in the same room. Might be a good place to drop the "do vampires have soulmates?" asked by Sorran May 15. (See track listing thread: http://www.atlantavampirealliance.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=6857#6857)
Maloryn
House Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Splat, did you remember to ask this question of REG or MB?

---Mal
SoulSplat
Founding Member

Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt want to corner her in the panels. Thought that should be reserved for enemies or anyone that plays rough. So I caught her afterwards and then emailed her after the Con. I'll post as soon as I hear something.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> General Vampire Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: