An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Christianity???
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Christianity
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ragsolith

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find no qualms with being both a vampire and a Christian. I also have no problems with quite a few things that a lot of "Christians" have problems with. I guess it's pretty much because Christ never hated on things that the vast majority of modern Christian churches frown upon (homosexuals, other religions, etc.). Heck... I don't think he hated on anything.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sandy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragsolith, you are totaly smart....that is exactly the point that I was getting at. I have enough troubles making sure that I am doing the right thiings in life....and have precious little time to scutinize others. Life is a myriad thing with paths that I can not even fathom. I stand in awe, and just try to learn as much as I can....
Ragsolith

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe. Thanks, but I don't know exactly how smart I am. ^^;

I just kinda think it's one of those things that people just don't pay attention to. Kinda like how I think that in the end everybody who believes in some higher being/beings is worshiping the exact same thing. I just wonder if people don't stop and realize how much they hurt one another.... I mean, personal beliefs aren't something you can dismiss as being "wrong" just because your outlook on life and its processes are different.

And for those people who don't believe in anything, I'm cool with that, too. I mean, you've got your reasons for not believing just as I've got my reasons for believing.

Although, I suppose we could go into the dizzying theory of not believing is believing in nothing so you end up believing in something even though it's nothing in the long run. D:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Amber Mallis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn...

The School Board of Hillsborough County just suggested to take out all of the Religious Holidays outside of school, so that Schoolers will have to go to school on those days or it will be considered an absence in School, but that is for the next school year coming up, 2007-2008.
Thing is, the two Christian Holidays, that are rather big, Christmas and Easter are both located within Winter Holidays and Spring Break, which the students still will have, but Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Yon Yippur(sp!), and the other Religious Holidays that students have off are being taken out, except for President's Day, Vetran's Day, and Thanksgiving, for those are American-related...

Does anyone see problems for this, as I do?

The reason why they decided this is because other people from other Religious groups want those Holidays to be added to the School Boards for Students/Parents in Florida...but now the School Board is planning on taking out all of the Breaks except for the "American-Related" ones...?

Isn't America supposed to be "Land of the Free" and "Free Religions"? If they get rid of all of those religions, they also need to get rid of Christmas during the Winter Holidays and Easter during Spring Break to make things even more fair, but I honestly think that they should just add in the other religions, too.

What do you all think of this plan?
cathmael

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Bible as a whole is a good overview of what the christian faith is based on (or should be). Ask any two Xians and they will give you a different version of it (well ask then without any other Xians around).

I don't think that was quite what was intended in the original, since Judaism is so grounded in remaining the same over millenia.

The only problem I have with the Bible is that "Jesus wept" is in
the past tense....
Chercheur

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I like what you say too, Sandy. I get questioned about my beliefs all the time, too. Pretty much all my friends (and my fiancé) are aetheist, and can't understand how it is that I can believe in God but not act and believe like all the so- called Christians that you see using their religion as an excuse to hate and look down on others (and much worse.) I don't see why you can't follow your own path, seek your own truth and decide for yourself what is and isn't moral but still believe in God. I don't think that there is anything wrong or contradictory either in being a Vampire and a Christian, but I also don't have a problem with a lot of things that most Christians do. I think honestly that it is sad that misguided Christians make people have such a horribly negative view of their faith by being so hateful and judging others- that's not what it's about at all.
Sandy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chercheur wrote:
No, I like what you say too, Sandy. I get questioned about my beliefs all the time, too. Pretty much all my friends (and my fiancé) are aetheist, and can't understand how it is that I can believe in God but not act and believe like all the so- called Christians that you see using their religion as an excuse to hate and look down on others (and much worse.) I don't see why you can't follow your own path, seek your own truth and decide for yourself what is and isn't moral but still believe in God. I don't think that there is anything wrong or contradictory either in being a Vampire and a Christian, but I also don't have a problem with a lot of things that most Christians do. I think honestly that it is sad that misguided Christians make people have such a horribly negative view of their faith by being so hateful and judging others- that's not what it's about at all.

Yes, I agree. we are def in a similar mind set. The sad thing is pagans castigate as much as Christians. All religious sects think they are right and others are wrong. The problem with any religion, or belief is people. People no matter what they believe have a tendency to be judgmental, or just flat out closed minded. I believe in free will, and I would not want any one to tread over my beliefs, so I elect to stay off of their's. People seem to have little respect for what others believe, or feel hence their tendency to brashly declare others wrong, but then again in the spirit of free will. . .it is their right to do so. It still sucks though. The world is full of those who want to only think of themselves, and stay locked in their own little box. I try to claw my way out of mine, but to be honest we are all hypocritical. I just make a conscious effort to try not.to be. Sometimes, I fail, but I do try. So. . .forgive me if I ever make offense. It is not my intention to do so.

Words to live by. . ."Love all, trust a few, do harm to none." -- William Shakespeare
Blackthorne

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: Christianity Reply with quote

nightchild wrote:
the bible has been changed over thousend of years,
there no longer can be no truth found in the book.

Really? I found some.
Maybe you weren't looking.
nightchild

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a bible in my room but i don't read it cause archeologists have been doing some digging into places named in the bible.
Alot of story's are written and they keep finding prove which proves otherwise,the same as what was found that the 12 followers of Jesus not ever met him in person.
And that Jesus was a commen name in those days even was Maria.
Try looking at the statue of Maria & Jesus and then look at the statue of Isis & horus the story's of Abel & cain as like the story's of Osiris & Seth (2 brothers).
Anyone whom thinks to know truth to the point will be dissapointed when looking further. Ever read the Nag Hammdi?
written in Aramic a 2000 years ago but the author is unknown once i read the gospel of Judas what mainly got my attention was half the words were missing and the word appeared came forth many times.Try to see it this way Jesus didn't die on the cross and the cavern which was guarded by a Roman soldier which was rolled away and the soldier was gone when Maria when to see Jesus some still believe it was Jesus whom did it but there is more going on and i'll pass you an webadress called the vatican vault you should check it out i found it on a forum called the New Templars they have a school but i'll have to look up the adress.
When you think to know everything something else comes by and showes you something they don't want you to know.
I'm not Xtian but my believe is Luciferian but i'm not a devil worshipper.
Sandy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

**BANGS HEAD AGAINST WALL**

Seek your own truth---it matters not where you've found it.

people are diverse--as should their beliefs be.

I don't want to talk to a bunch of people who think or believe as I do. That is boring, and an open dialog is cool.

Love the convo, YAY!!!!

Open minds with rational, lucid thoughts rolling about in their lovely little noggins. . . Very Happy

More of that makes Sandy very happy.Very Happy

Words to live by. . ."Love all, trust a few, do harm to none." -- William Shakespeare
nightchild

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's your head sandy?
To seek your own truth seems for some ppl difficult to understand to many ppl keep there minds closed.
Most ppl are lik a horse with eye patches on each side of the corner on the side of there eye's. But this is true Sandy you are so endearing and your a sweety unfortunally in my street to say what i believe would make some ppl go crazy cause some stick to it as like it's the only thing there is till they open another book they olny read it a few seconds and then close it not the read it again so here by you can see the fear of finding out how many lies were told over the years.

The only way to find your own truth is to break free from the mainstream religiouns.Like said ppl are looking in all the wrong places when it comes to it.
Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Christianity All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: