Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Who Is Attending DragonCon 2007 in Atlanta, GA?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are You Planning To Attend DragonCon 2007?
Yes
56%
 56%  [ 9 ]
No
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
I'm Not Sure
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

Merticus
Site Admin & Founding Member

Game Trophies:  1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Who Is Attending DragonCon 2007 in Atlanta, GA? Reply with quote

Who is planning to attend?

When:

Weekend Of August 31, 2007, 10:00 AM

Where:

Hyatt and Marriott Marquis (DragonCon)
265 Peachtree Street NE
Atlanta , GA 30303
770-909-0115

Description:

LABOR DAY WEEKEND (Aug. 31- Sept. 3) Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon.
This is the big Horror/Gothic/SciFi/Fantasy/Mystical convention we have been talking about! Labor Day Weekend at The Hyatt, Marriott Marquis & Hilton in downtown Atlanta located across from each other. They have something for everybody, Concerts, Gothic Shadows Panels, Sci Fi and Fantasy discussion panels, Q&A with TV and Movie celebrities, authors, illustrators, gaming, contests, dress up in costumes, parties, art show, lots of performers, & much more! We'll Party at DragonCon! We can catch each other at the Gothic Shadows panels, Hyatt Lobby, Concerts, and other events.

Memberships to Dragon*Con 2007 at their website

http://www.dragoncon.org

$70 to 7/13/2007

$85 thereafter

*At the Door - Daily rates may be available later.
Dragon*Con membership covers all four days, all panels, events, demonstrations, concerts, performances, contests, snacks and munchies in our Consuite (as available) and a host of other activities. The only things not covered in your membership fee are the Guest of Honor Banquet, most Tournament Gaming sessions, materials costs for a few workshops, our Writers Workshop, and certain autographs (at the sole discretion of the autographer; mostly screen stars).

Last edited by Merticus on Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SoulSplat
Founding Member

Game Trophies:  23
Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there. Things will be a little different for me since I'll be sans room.

I hope to meet lots of new faces this year.
Camazotz

Game Trophies:  14
Hall Of Fame Member
View My Character

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there Smile
Merticus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - a treat indeed Smile Will be great to finally meet you Cama!

btw Michelle Belanger will be back again this year along with members of House DarkHaven in Savannah, and of course the AVA.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Camazotz

Hall Of Fame Member
View My Character

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, thanks - that's so sweet of you. Will be wonderful to get to meet you too!

I only got my flights to ATL booked yesterday so running around something like a headless chicken at the moment, realising everything that I still need to organise *laughs*- will be my first time in the US, let alone first DCon!

It's great to hear that there'll be a lot of the AVA there- looking forward to it very much Very Happy
Merticus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need transportation from the airport or around town while you are here let us know. Likely we'll pick a night to have dinner with everyone from abroad... I know some will be here for nearly a week so we usually hang out past the weekend. I'll drop you my cell or you can contact me directly at merticus@gmail.com.
Camazotz

Hall Of Fame Member
View My Character

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you- I really appreciate that!

I'm going to be around for 2 weeks actually (28th aug-11th sept), tied up for a lot of the 2nd week (not literally sadly lol), but dinner would be lovely if there's one being arranged! Will definately get to meet you one way or another during DCon and hopefully after as well- no doubt it's a very hectic few days.

I'm not sure yet if my cell phone will work in the states, but I'll drop you an email with my number as soon as my provider lets me know- alternately I'll have another contact number that I'll be able to give to you. Eclecta'll probably be stuck with me for a couple of days too- providing she's brave enough!
SoulSplat
Founding Member

Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good place to keep updated on the Dcon Gothic Shadows track is:
http://community.livejournal.com/dragoncongothic
SoulSplat
Founding Member

Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camazotz wrote:
Thank you- I really appreciate that!

I'm going to be around for 2 weeks actually (28th aug-11th sept), tied up for a lot of the 2nd week (not literally sadly lol), but dinner would be lovely if there's one being arranged! Will definately get to meet you one way or another during DCon and hopefully after as well- no doubt it's a very hectic few days.

I'm not sure yet if my cell phone will work in the states, but I'll drop you an email with my number as soon as my provider lets me know- alternately I'll have another contact number that I'll be able to give to you. Eclecta'll probably be stuck with me for a couple of days too- providing she's brave enough!

Hey! If Eclecta can't put you up for the whole time you have my place as a PLAN B. Provided your brave enough. He he.
Camazotz

Hall Of Fame Member
View My Character

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Oh that's so very kind of you!!!

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate all the hospitality people are showing.

Just trying to get things firmed out at the moment still, would help if I wasn't the least organised person in the world lol
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cama I can't wait till ya get here.
Merticus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated information on the Gothic Shadows Track in the Atlanta events section - (announcement).
Kotori_Distari

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Situation is kinda up in the air for the moment... Reply with quote

At this point I'm uncertain if I'll have to work this show or not due to our staff being short handed.
I'll try to drop a line once I find out what the situation is on my end.

Blackthorne

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: not Reply with quote

I love DragonCon. It's one of the few things I look forward to each year. Although there's been a law of diminishing returns in effect, and I had to wonder how much of my attending was just habit and false hope that this would be the year all the problems from previous years would be corrected.

There's only so much you can do with 20,000 people.

I wasn't going to go, as I couldn't afford to, there are other things I could...I should be doing with that money. And now it looks like I might have the money to do so after all...but I can already figure out that it's a trap. Having told myself I wouldn't go, that I was going to be financially responsible for once...then suddenly having the opportunity to go, was clearly a road of temptation. I have enough temptations. I should let one go.

The reality versus the wishful thinking of how I want it to go always battle it out in my head. Like any addict, every year I survive one and think "never again", and that momentary vow evaporates over a year and I do it to myself all over again.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: