Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Questions on energy healing...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Psionics & Energy Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kotori_Distari

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Questions on energy healing... Reply with quote

This is something that has been on my mind a bit -- my knowledge in the area is pretty limited...other than what I've run across in passing. Which is by no means a vast enough range of experience for me to really be satisfied on the answers I could come up with for the moment. I'm not certain of any specific difference, but their does appear to be a difference between the two.

What is the difference (if any) from energy healing that many are more likely to use opposed to Reiki?
Is there really a difference?
Is it all in the application of the energy?
Or is it in how the energy it drawn?

nightchild

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some do yoga or meditate to channel energy from the lower end of the spine to the top(chakras)or reike can be done thru meditation aswell all have the energy within but some don't know how to open the channels to it and then it gets blocked.
Kotori_Distari

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Not quite the tangent I'm aiming for... Reply with quote

Not quite the direction in my train of thought about these questions. I'm not asking how people tap into it exactly... I'm asking more along the lines as for those that do one version or another -- does it differ? Does Reiki differ from other forms of energy healing? Or are they somewhat the same on some level? Do they pull from a universal source? Or do they tap into different energy types?

Last edited by Kotori_Distari on Tue May 15, 2007 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nightchild

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are diffirent kinds of energy but i'm still searching for some books upon the subject.You can pull energy from the univers for everybody is connected to the univers.
Even for healing with it but like said there are many books upon the subject and most i can't get to.
But i'll let you know when something come's my way.
Kotori_Distari

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Please do let me know what you find... Reply with quote

I know there's many books and variations out there...and I haven't had a chance to read them all. I think perhaps my understanding is more general on the topic. I believe Reiki leans more towards the universal energy concept. Energy is everywhere and around us constantly. Wish I could find the older article I'd read a year or so back -- it had mentioned the concept that energy is not only in living things, but in the inanimate objects we use. Such as a chair is composed of compacted energy... I believe it went something like that. If energy is that prevalent -- then one should be able to draw from many sources to aid with energy working. If I can find that article or other notes I'll post it up here. I thought it was a very interesting read.
nightchild

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can agree to that energy can be found everywhere but how to extraxt this energy or how to retreive it is not always that easy as it seems. Nothing works without the nessecary practice.
Sandy

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Please do let me know what you find... Reply with quote

Kotori_Distari wrote:
I know there's many books and variations out there...and I haven't had a chance to read them all. I think perhaps my understanding is more general on the topic. I believe Reiki leans more towards the universal energy concept. Energy is everywhere and around us constantly. Wish I could find the older article I'd read a year or so back -- it had mentioned the concept that energy is not only in living things, but in the inanimate objects we use. Such as a chair is composed of compacted energy... I believe it went something like that. If energy is that prevalent -- then one should be able to draw from many sources to aid with energy working. If I can find that article or other notes I'll post it up here. I thought it was a very interesting read.

The world is alive and buzzing.

Yep, just look at any chemistry book (or any other related science biology, physics, etc) and you will see that everything around us is vibrating with invisible receptacles of energy.

You can actually listen to a recording of a neuron/ nerve synapsing and it sounds like a Geiger counter.

Furthermore, the synapse and its various forms are measured in milli- volts (mV). (Just like batteries are measured in volts or Joules, etc)

Think about calories. (Evil bastards)

A calorie is just another standard unit of measurement like a centimeter. It’s a measurement of energy just like volts or joules.

Our body’s nerves and our brain's neurons are propagating energy with every action, every breath, and every movement we take. We are always utilizing energy to sustain ourselves. We must ingest energy (calories) to live. (So why not other forms?)

I mean--WOW. . .

We have lovely particles of energy traveling through our blood streams -- these ionic particles are necessary for things such as thought and movement. Without them we're screwed.

So yes--

Our bodies are in perpetual motion on a cellular level.

Our cells are literally doing cartwheels. How friggin cool is that!!!!

Just looking at my TV---I am often mystified by the cathode-ray tube--which does cool stuff with electrons.

No electrons= no TV.

Okay, that was a tangent.

Now, I'm going to float off into the world of thermodynamics.

Thermodynamics is the study of energy and its transformations.

Thermodynamics is relevant to both physics (kinetic energy and shit like that) and chemistry.

Thermodynamics and its principles are essential to biological forces also.

hmmm--biological forces and thermodynamics. . .

Our bodies are constantly creating, utilizing, or absorbing energy.

This notion is relevant to all sciences, as well.

Such forces as exegonic reactions (the release of more energy than is absorbed) and endergonic reactions (absorbing more energy than is released) are constantly occurring.

Chemical processes which are like little shoots of lightening make our world go round.

Just thinking about stuff like this seems really relevant to energy work. I can think about such things and make sense of what many think are merely metaphysical forces (but in reality they are quite scientific) .

Thinking like this helps me deal with my own vamperism.

Your last post inspired me—so yes the table we eat at is moving—everything around us uses energy on a macro or microscopic level.

The water we drink, the salt we pour on our food, the forks we eat with are made up of molecules and compounds that are essentially just energy.

LOL--science makes me all hot and bothered. Just kidding, okay, maybe not--I admit it. I'm a freak. LOLOLOL.

This probably won’t be much help to you, but I'm out of my mind bored, and you’re actually asking cool stuff---so it's free reign for Sandy.

LOL—and you asked for it by talking about the general properties of matter.

Sandy tangent is now over (I really could go on and on, but I won't.)

Hope this makes sense.

;o)~

I don't know much about Reiki---but to answer your initial questions. . .

Is it all in the application of the energy?

I believe everything has to do with energy.

Or is it in how the energy it drawn?

This may be the difference--still exploring, and can't really make a determination on my own ignorance (in terms of reiki), so I will embark on a study to educate myself on this matter.

http://www.kundaliniyogablog.com/-2006-10-12-reiki-experiments-testing-the-validity-of-energy-healing/

(Testing the validity of energy healing---nice that you can test this. I may try to do these.)

Words to live by. . ."Love all, trust a few, do harm to none." -- William Shakespeare
Kotori_Distari

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: If this is a bag...get in it! *catnaps Sandy* Reply with quote

*chuckles* I like you. *grins* You're long winded too...and with our powers combined...we might break the board. *falls over laughing*

You bring up a lot of interesting things on the scientific side. Which I think stands to prove more in favor of those that do energy work. In this video a Qigong Master was filmed while doing a thereapy session for a retired Anaesthesiologist and it showed some very interesting things.

Qigong Master Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbFYMHuXKDE&mode=related&search=

It baffles the presets for most people. But they can't deny it when you start to toss a scientific measurement in the explanation. Most don't want to believe in something they can't see. Yet ask those more religious if they believe in a higher power (or their higher power) and they'll say yes even if they can't give you solid proof. Does that make it any less valid? We can't prove or disprove the existance of such. If people can believe in that which they can't see on that level -- is it really such a large stretch to have one consider what can't be seen, but still be measured by science? Doctors learned to use anticeptics because patients were dying on the operating table -- what killed them? Bacteria...something that couldn't be seen, but was very much present. Later proved by science and making new developments in modern medicine. Er...okay...a rambling tangent there...ooops....

Mainly I just wanted to touch on the fact that science is able to lend more weight to various energy working done. Whether it be healing or just gathering energy. Gets even more fun when you start to toss quantum physics into the mix.
*mischevious grin* Interesting link you provided. I'm not sure what to fully make of it in my head right now. Going to toss that around for a bit. But interesting. If you run across anymore or have other thoughts, please let me know.

Hmm...now if only I can burn those calories off...the vile things...and get to my goal weight sooner...
*chuckles*
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Psionics & Energy Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: