Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Precog

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Psionics & Energy Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kotori_Distari

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: Precog Reply with quote

I know better now that with me it tends to develop in a more narrative form in my writing. I just start writing and don't know it until it's done and then a short time later see what I'd put on paper actually happen. It's one of those things that I don't have a set idea in mind...it's just writing straight what ends up flowing to mind to put to paper. It's not automatic writing...that's a different form that doesn't affect others outside of the individual -- least from what I can tell in my own understanding of the subject. Still it makes me wonder...

What other forms does precog manifest as?
    Does knowing really help one in choices or does it make one worry needlessly?
    What are some of the benefits to precog?
    What are some of the downsides to precog?
    If given a choice, would you or would you not use precog? Why?

Just a few rambling thoughts in the back of my mind right now. Curious as to any input anyone has on this matter.
Sandy

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you are describing is called free association.

It is a great tool used in therapy, and many English/writing classes utilize this to open up creative gate ways.

I like to do this too. It seems that we have a lot in common.

I also write, write, write.

Words to live by. . ."Love all, trust a few, do harm to none." -- William Shakespeare
Kotori_Distari

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: *chuckles* =^-^= Reply with quote

I think that's the first time I've heard of the term free association in regards to this particular train of thought. I'm very picky these days about what I write or when I write cause it kinda floors me at times. I think what synched it for me was running across a piece I'd written months ago and finding out that the prior months after I'd written the piece -- looked like an exact script of the events and dialog of what happened in my life. Even though the names had a spelling variant...I didn't know ahead of time I'd meet these individuals nor what their names were...but there on paper from an unfinished piece -- a literal script. So...I tend not to write much.

Now I've heard the topic brought up before on an older forum with a slightly different tangent on the matter. Some had described it as narrative magic in a sense. The basic concept of that being you start writing a piece with you as the role of the main character/protagonist and write on things you want to happen within your life. The more you write with the focus of what you write changing and transferring into your actual life -- the more prevalent it becomes in affecting your reality. I've never worked with this method personally, but I remember seeing that some did give it a try and noticed small changes.

If anyone's seen The Secret or read anything about The Law of Attraction I think that is more or less what it's playing off of... The individual making known the desire, the universe responding and presenting the opportunity to the individual, to the manifestation of the individual's wish or dream. I think I pretty much covered the concept in a nut shell. I remember that there were many examples shown.

For example on the positive side of this concept you have this example: A young boy wanting a bike to ride in the summer. He wished and hoped for it...and at one point it looked like he wouldn't have gotten it at all as the bike in the store was sold a few days later. But instead of giving up hope and, he kept on visualizing on having the bike someday. In the end his grandfather shows up with the bike that he'd bought for him as a surprise gift.

On the negative aspect you have this example: A young woman gets up to her alarm clock...knocks it over...then stubs her toe on the dresser...then as she's getting ready for the day can't seem to get the toothpaste out...and then an entire chain series of events that keep her spiraling downwards in her mood and feelings. Instead of taking a moment to pause and change that mindset she kept on broadcasting the negativity and in turn the universe responded in bringing her more negativity following that law of attraction. Like attracts like. The more positive you put out...the more you get back. The more negative you put out...the more negativity you get back.

Um...I think I rambled on a bit... I hope that made sense...if not I'm more than happy to clarify my train of thoughts. If anyone else has anything else to comment on this or even the other questions I'd asked, please feel free to add.
=^-^=
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Psionics & Energy Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: