Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Hospital Dream

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Dreams & Visions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kotori_Distari

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Hospital Dream Reply with quote

Here's an old one I thought I'd share. If anyone has any other perspectives, I'd be more than happy to hear them. This one is still fairly odd recall to me. Um...and warning...it is long. I tried to color things differently in the text to show the different perspectives I recall.

[Hospital Dream]

It's kind of odd, cause it's like so many layers that overlap each other thoughout. I see it all...at times beside the person, from their eyes or as me in a distant way.

I was out on the streets waiting to catch a bus to a particular area...I recall the bus being normal, crowded with people...the bus was silver and grey. I remember sitting by the window like 3 seats back and to the right side of the bus. It was mid-day and I was watching the scenery pass by as the shopping center right before the hospital entrance behind...

My perspective shifts...I find myself looking at the world around me though the eyes of another...a young woman. She's walking the last few yards on the lawn of the hospital, during the early parts of the evening, past the shopping center to enter though the emergency entrance. She's looking for someone...a loved one. Thoughts of they were taken in here cross her mind as she crosses the threshold and walks over to the admittance desk.

There's a lot of people running around...always so busy, but she got the attention of the desk nurse and was pointed to go around the corner and down the hall to a room. She wanders down the hall to the right and takes a left at the first hallway. It appears quiet except for the few staff that walk down the hall and past her. At the end of the hall she comes to a door that looks more like an operating room, but peeks in at the door window just to make sure that it's not just leading into another hallway. After seeing blood stained sheets and a bed she turns away feeling she'd gone down the wrong hallway.

She went back to where she'd come from and turned left to walk down further to the next hallway opening which was on her right this time. Walking down it the lights appeared to be dimmer and the pathway eerily quiet. She follows the hallway as it turns a corner to another split section and goes left...however finds another room with bloodstains on the sheets and bed. Though it was much fresher this time and was on the walls some too.

Freaked she turns around and goes back to the split where she runs into a doctor with a few red stains on his white coat. She yammers out that she's lost and looking for a particular room -- the doctor gives her a hard and eerie stare and just announces out loud that the woman is lost and to keep an eye on her. Scared even more she runs down the other path, away from the doctor, and franticly pushes aside a few nurse orderlies with stained clothes to reach another open room -- it looked like an open shower of sorts. Such as one you might see in a locker room. Mixed with a small bit of water draining down a few of the floor drains was a massive amount of blood.

The blood was splattered around the tiles of the wall and floor of the room...though also on the floor were symbols and images written in blood -- the only ones she caught were a few odd squiggly lines, five pointed stars, circles and the beginning of what looked like words. Backpedaling from the room as fast as she could she ran blindly down one hallway to the next trying to find her way out without crossing the path of the creepy doctor and the orderlies. The further she got the darker and more decayed the rooms and halls appeared as more and more the stains of blood dried upon the walls and floor became prominent. After turning a corner she suddenly ran into the creepy doctor again who leered at her as she screamed and tried to back away from this specter of a man.

There's a moment before I feel like I blink and find myself observing the world from like around a couple others -- two young men. It was night and they were walking around the hospital which was eerily quiet. That didn't make sense at all...a hospital's aways got staff tending to the sick and making sure they're okay. But it was like deserted. It looked normal other than the lack of people wandering around the facility. They wandered around looking for a friend -- however one of the two men seemed more aware in the "other" since that something was very wrong.

They wandered further into the hospital looking for their friend or even someone that could tell them where they were. I can't tell how long it was that they walked through all the long corridors and halls, but it was for a good while. Then suddenly they found the halls opening up into a dark stone internal structure. The tiles and walls just suddenly stopped and turned into dark, blood stained stone all around. Among the stone walls were skulls embedded in the walls...skulls trapped with a horrific grin or laugh featured.

Both paused for a moment horrified at what they saw before them. The other young man that had the nagging feeling about this hospital before he entered started to tug at his friend's shoulder suggesting they leave -- right now! His friend was a bit slow to respond, but didn't resist and started to turn to follow when they nearly ran into a tall man with darkened features wearing a blood stained once white lab coat. The man leered at them and started to laugh maniacally.

One of the two young men froze in sheer terror at the unnatural specter in front of him. The other reached out to snap off a fragment horn from one of the demonic looking skulls, closed his eyes and started to whisper something in a kind of chanting tone. It was too hushed to clearly make out, but the specter before them had stopped laughing and looked greatly displeased as what facial features remained contorted in pain until he appeared to just vanish.

The skull fragment disappeared and the skull to the young man's right seemed to have regenerated the piece...and retained it's frozen laughing grin. His friend was confused and was asking what happened. The quickest that he explained to his friend while quickly pushing him forward so that they could get out of that place was to think of it as a sort of magic trick that imprisoned that figure once standing in front of them.

My perspective vision shifts back to me...no longer on the bus. I'd gotten off right before the hospital and was now standing before the emergency entrance with the faint traces of sun reflecting off the windows of the deserted building. I enter and look around...old...pain...fear.... A lot of mixed feelings linger, but those were the more prominent ones I picked up at the entrance.

Traces lingered all over...skimming the books at the front desk there wasn't much more than page after page of people being signed in for care or treatment. A feeling of death not quite final touched those books--couldn't figure out why or how, but it was just there. Too many unanswered questions were linked with this place and I was there to find out...how and why I was there, I'm uncertain. I just knew that I was the only one that could find something as no one else around at the moment would even begin to try and reason it out as I would...it was just near impossible.

To begin to explain to others not already like minded to consider there were boundaries beyond what we visually see...what we physically feel...what we hear...what we smell...and taste... That the world is perceived in many other ways and not all of them can be proved by science. Very few would understand...most would fake understanding and think you're crazy...the rest would just say it outright to your face.

Reflection aside I turn to go and wander down the hallways for a bit...a strong feel of terror, pain, and wrongness grows stronger with each step. Following that feeling I walk the pathways to find a room stained and filled with pained memories of those that passed through these doors. The name Lorriel, the image of a mermaid, and the feeling of imminent danger hit me all at once.

I turn to leave and find the pathways I walked no longer had the sunlight streaming in thought the windows -- it was all darkened shadows. Behind me a dry whispery laugh gasped out in my direction and I briefly turned to find a withered shade standing behind me and moving towards me. Instinct said I didn't have the time, nor would I be able to handle this encounter easily on my own -- so I turned and ran back the way I'd come, through the shadowed halls and towards the entrance way.

The halls seemed to stretch on out before me forever and seemed far longer than I'd remembered walking at a slow pace when I'd first passed though. The shade kept on laughing in that haggard, whispery voice as it followed me down the halls. In time I managed to make it to the emergency entrance way. I crossed the threshold and busted though to the other side, which appeared to crack and break like a mirror as daylight flooded into the room and all around me, as I find myself back in what I know to be normal. A clawed hand lashed out from the shattered fragments upon the floor and struck at my left leg. I gasped in pain, but started to limp away from the hospital and to some place where I could think--I needed to figure out what I'd found out...

===============================================

I woke up violently as my left leg spasmed in pain. I'd reflexively tried to stretch the muscle slightly and then quickly ease it to negate the pain (a curious trick I'd ran across before with some other dreams), but I guess I didn't catch it in time this time...ended up trying to deal with the pain until it wavered and faded.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Dreams & Visions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: