Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

SHEILDING: at vampire events

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Psi-Vampirism
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoulSplat
Founding Member

Game Trophies:  23
Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: SHEILDING: at vampire events Reply with quote

I have a tendancy to become extremely drained after attending a function that. . .shall we say. . . contains alot of my peers. Smile

(DISCLAIMER: I realize making such a statement may invite others to use me as a subject for target practice, but I hope it can be no worse than what I've already experienced:) Hopefully this message can help others as well as myself. )

After the feb. B.O. (many saw me breifly afterwards for lunch, at that mom-and-pop sandwich shop. And I think it was the feb. one. It was the one Blue joined us for.) I felt kind of well. . .drained.

Let me explain "drained".

It was very similar to what I have experienced in the past but have dubbed "dehydration". You know, not drinking enough water or getting enough rest or all that. Some may know what I am talking about. Speak up if you do.

First of all, does psi feeding feel like dehydration?

And if so, how can I protect myself from it? Because I do plan to go back.

I'll let you know if any of your "sheilding" techniques help.
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, sometimes it does feel like dehydration sometimes. And yeah, you of all people should know to shield at those things, LOL.

The thing about events like that is that those of us who know each other pretty well usually don't shield quite as much (especially after drinking gosh awful amounts) like we would around say a new crowd of peers. And so, sometimes because we are comfortable already around each others energy we do tend to do it without realizing. Both giving and taking though. It depends, I'd say tho.

For example, if I'm exhausted when I get there, and then end up around a couple of fully rested folks who are just buzzing with energy I'll most likely end up picking up the ambient energy without a doubt. But sometimes we tend to pick up more than that. Especially when you are in a club full of folks who are a nice mix of awakened and unawakened.

While I'd love to blame it all on those who end up around us that are unawakened, and yes, sometimes it is the case, I'd have to say it can be others who might even be the party you came with, just because there's lots of alcohol and that lowers inhibitions and with it also shelds too...

To shield or not to shield? I'd say we should always do it. Do I? Nope, because I tend to overdo it and then I don't pick up on other subtler things going on around me. Yeah, I know I'm nosy. But not only that I don't shield usually because I like tracking people by the energy signatures. I tend to find others like us that way. I also like to know who is being touchy feely with their own energy and I don't pick up on it that well when I'm shielded. I really don't pick up on alot when I'm shielded at all. I only do it when I absolutely have too.

Tips for clubs or vamp parties? First of all, don't drink to much. The more you drink if you are already having problems with this, the harder it will be to maintain that level of distance you're going to want. Or the lazy way would be to tell someone who came with you and they can remind you when you are about to get hit. We tend to overlook the touchy feeling stuff that goes on with the energy in clubs because we are used to it and we tend to see it alot.

We were talking about doing some energy work sometime soon. Make sure you come when we do. It's so much easier for me to show you how to shield than for me to type it and you try to do it alone. I'd rather tell you, let you try it, and then ping you just so you know what it feels like and all.

Here are a couple sites I googles on how to shield. Keep in mind any of us can test your shields if you want us too. Cuz, we are your friends after all. Smile

http://www.askclaudia.com/psychic-protection.htm
http://www.lubbockpagans.org/articles/shielding.pdf
http://www.everythingunderthemoon.net/white-light-psychic-shielding.htm

So, make sure you come with us when we go play with energy. I think I'm gonna try to set something up for us not this next week on Sunday the first.
Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The article from the Lubbock seekers society was excellent. Thank you for posting it.

Words to live by. . ."Love all, trust a few, do harm to none." -- William Shakespeare
nightchild

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got this book on how to protect yourself from Joe H. slate, ph.d.
psychic vampires it's about shielding against those whom would steal your energy and leaving you drained completely.
SoulSplat
Founding Member

Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eclecta,
I'd love to do some kind of workshop with everyone. I know, I know this is something I should be more aware of at events. Especially since I'm known to give off energy like a. . .like a. . .I don't know. . . well. . . anyway. . . it's a lot:) Many can vouch for that. Its something I should really work on. And Thanks for the articles. I'll post some input after I read them.

NightChild,
What's the name of your book?
nightchild

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psychic vampires
the other book is from Michelle Belanger the psychic vampire codex.
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy, You are welcome!

Splat, you're coming to the social right? Don't plan anything for after it. Maybe we can go do energy work somewhere.

Might need to shoot an email to Zero and see if her mom can get us over at Shakesphere..
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy, You are welcome!

Splat, you're coming to the social right? Don't plan anything for after it. Maybe we can go do energy work somewhere.

Might need to shoot an email to Zero and see if her mom can get us over at Shakesphere..
SoulSplat
Founding Member

Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I missed the social.

Thought I'd give you an update on the sheilding.

Those 3 articles were great btw. Thanx, E.

Putting one up at Black Oaks really helped a lot. I had none of the aftereffects I usually have. There was a little fatigue on the drive back but I'm sure thats to be expected on the 4 hour trek.
SoulSplat
Founding Member

Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd share my practice but from most of the articles I got the impression it was better to keep your technique a secret.

Do you find this privacy necessary?

Last edited by SoulSplat on Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
nightchild

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody like some privacy in what they do especially in todays society & secrecy is necessary to keep those out whom have no idea of what one is trying to achieve.
Maloryn
House Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulSplat wrote:
I'd sare my practice but from most of the articles I got the impression it was better to keep your technique a secret.

Do you find this privacy necessary?

If someone knows your technique, they are more likely to be able to figure out how to more easily circumvent it.

One of the many reasons I rarely "talk shop" about both defensive and offensive techniques.

Remember: paranoia - it's not just for breakfast anymore.

---Mal
CeruleanTwilight

Game Trophies:  1
Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's weird, but I seem to be completely unaffected when I'm around you guys. Even at the last vamp gathering I attended outside of Atlanta, I felt fine. There have only been two times that I seemed to be drained after hanging out with any vamps in the past year. I have no idea if this means anything, though.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Psi-Vampirism All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: