Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Meetup?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Atlanta Community News & Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Meetup? Reply with quote

Message from Lisa

I am so upset with Meetup.com. I just went into my Meetup Account to put in my new payment information (since my debit card was eaten by the Wachovia machine last month). I realized they had my old card info, so was going to update to my new info. Now they are not giving me the $9.00 a month rate. They have a $19.00 a month rate for one month!

These are my only 3 options:

6 months at $12.00 per month - billed in one payment of $72.00 !!!!!!!!!!

3 months at $15.00 per month - billed in one payment of $45.00 !!!!!!!!!

or I can get one month for $19.00 !!!!!!!

That is the last straw. I have been keeping this group going all these months at $9.00 per month, which is not bad. This increase is ridiculous!!

I am about ready to quit Meetup and just use our free Yahoo Vamp & Goth Group which is free. I have been adding Events on the Yahoo calendar and posting there occasionally, but we really might want to consider using that instead along with the Live Journal group if we need to.

I have one week to decide to renew this membership, or I'm just quitting Meetup all together. This really sucks! We have been having so much success with this all this past year or so, so it's a shame to quit now, but I cannot afford this bullshit!!! Excuse my French.

I emailed you regarding this situation with my suggestions... But I will say it here as well.

My response.

Hey.. Sorry to hear the bad news! That really sucks, bigtime! I thought you were supposed to be able to keep the group rate of $9 until May... Maybe you can mention to them that you are supposed to still be able to keep that rate and they can perhaps adjust it. I don't think meetup will continue to survive unless they work with people...

Anyway, let's think.. You have three meetup groups right? So.. If you can get it at $19 a month for all three groups that is only $6.33 a month needed per group. I think we can raise that much. We only need 6 people per group per month, if everyone will give a dollar. Those of us who have joined all three groups can throw in a couple more dollars. It isn't that bad. Maybe if we took up a "Keep Meetup Going" collection, we can get enough together to buy one of the bigger packages to keep it going for longer.

I saw that the movie meetup was going good! Lots of new people are joining so if you mention it to them, maybe along with our main groups it will work.

I don't think anyone wants to see meetup die down. I think if nothing else I will pay a month of it myself. I am sure some of the more devoted members would do the same. If not, whatever they can chip in would be a little help.

Suppose it's worth a try anyway...

If not, we can always use the standby groups of yahoo and livejournal. I don't think anyone will mind switching over if need be. They only downfall will be that meetup pops up on google when you do searches for Atlanta Vampires or Goth..

One last thing I can suggest would be to talk to Gray or Mike, both of whom I know are organizers and see if they will take the group under their wings and make you the Co-Organizer. If they are already paying for one group, I think they can technically take 2 more.. But that leaves one out.

We have a few more days left to make a decision about what to do. I think you should post this message on all three meetup sites and also, if you will send out a seperate email to all the members regarding the pricing and ask for suggestions from them. I know at one time there was an option to put a button where people could donate to the cause of keeping meetup going. If that is still an option, figure out how to do it, and we can all begin donating a few bucks or a month or whatever.

You say, we have a month.. so let's see what we can get done in that week...

Don't worry though, we will surely figure out something.

[/b][/b]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Atlanta Community News & Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: