Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Vampyric nuances

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> General Vampire Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maloryn
House Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Vampyric nuances Reply with quote

In reading back over many of the threads which have been inactive far too long, one begins to see certain patterns in thought and in discussion on vampyric nuances that each of us experience.

In discussing "Beacons" it was mentioned that some see auras, some smell or taste them and others get "vibes" or auditory clues as to the nature of those whom they are in proximity to or interacting with.

In discussing feeding habits and morality, it becomes apparent that most, if not all of us, can draw or manipulate energy in a variety of ways, yet each has a preference or a more functional manner in doing so (which is more akin to energy efficiency, but I'll give that its own topic in a bit).

I'm wondering what the opinions of others are on the origins or changes in these nuances.
Is it part of the initial awakening process?
Is it inherint genetically?
Is it an aspect of the feeding process ? (you are what you eat in a metaphysical way, so to speak)
Is it an aspect of our personality?

After our initial Awakening, as we grow accustomed, we often change. Whether it be the frequency one must feed, the amount of energy, or even changing feeding types (psy to sang, sang to psy, astral, emotive, etc) - most experience some level of alteration or adaptation in their lives. What do you think triggers or contributes to this?

Opinions?

Ehran V
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right.. We do change... Why? I'd like to think we are evolving.

We become what we are meant to become if we allow ourselves to do. Now, as for the orgins or changes... I would think that is part of our individuality.. Kinda like most other things, we either do what we are taught to do, or we come up with out own way, and do it like we want. I suppose it could be inherited, but it could also be just how we learned to do whatever.

When we awaken we just become more aware of who we are, perhaps even what we are supposed to be doing and why, or what we are...

I do think that we are what we eat metaphysically. At least until what we ate is spent and we require more.

Our personalities do give us some guidance on what we chose to do etc, but again couldn't that again be what we are taught is what we should do.

What triggers anything is based on several things. For one, need. If we need something, we usually find a way to aquire it. If we just want it, we may not try as hard.
prince dax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also think of us as evolveing when we change and awaken the other elders and i at Dark Avalon have had a few discusions about our kind and the idea of evolveing some with in out community think of us vamps being supernatural me persionaly i think that we are just one step above others in the evelutionary scale of life
Sandy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that there is an evolutionary basis to the nature of all things, and the adaptability of the organism in question is relevant, as well.

It is why some traits change over time whilst others remain static.

But the above statement is not the reason why I believe that vampirism is a reality.

I lean more towards a biological explanation, definitely.

Our brains compensate for our body's deficiencies by shutting some things down and enhancing other attributes.

In some cases the brain will often reassign cortical regions with new tasks not previously performed by the region--all done to compensate for various biological mechanisms that are malfunctioning, etc.

On the flip side, I also believe that such matters are akin to talent. Some people sing well, dance well, draw well, or have a great athletic prowess.

I do none of these things all that well, but I try damn hard. Does this fact make me lower on the evolutionary scale than a person who has the ability to do these things fantastically?

Our brain's develop certain individual characteristics and talent is genetic, as is everything else.

Anyway, that's my take on this.

Oh, and yes--personality has some to do with it but some aspects of our personality are inherited--while other factors contribute to personality traits.

I don't proscribe to the notions of radical behaviorism, but I do think that some of our personality can be manipulated by environmental factors. I sit smack in the middle of the nature Vs nurture debate.

All of these things are applicable, as Eclecta pointed out in her post.

It is an interesting question that you have posed.

Anyway, take care.

Words to live by. . ."Love all, trust a few, do harm to none." -- William Shakespeare
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> General Vampire Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: