An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

VampDar
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> General Vampire Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prince dax

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know when others of my kind are around i can sence the darkness with in but i've learned to cloke myself from others so when i see someone i don't know i can watch from a distence
and discover what there true intentions are
Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prince dax wrote:
i know when others of my kind are around i can sence the darkness with in but i've learned to cloke myself from others so when i see someone i don't know i can watch from a distence

Not all of us consider ourselves dark. We all have our dark sides, but I am more light than dark.

Smiles, Dax

Words to live by. . ."Love all, trust a few, do harm to none." -- William Shakespeare
prince dax

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
prince dax wrote:

Not all of us consider ourselves dark. We all have our dark sides, but I am more light than dark.

Smiles, Dax

i agree sandy i have to admit i live on the darker side of life even the ppl here can see that and feel it as well that is why they call me Dark Prince lol
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maloryn wrote:
Not sure if this fits under the category of general energy signatures, but I figured if not, someone with mod access can split it into its own...

"Vamp-Dar" aka "Vamp Quickening" aka all sorts of other things...

The tendency for some vampires to be able to sense each other. From my experience, this is generally not "all" vampires, but rather only certain vampires exhibiting an ability to sense certain other vampires.

Anyone else have any experiences / theories on this?

I'm particularly interested to know if anyone has had experiences where another vampire sometimes did and sometimes didn't "show up" to the sensing vamp. (barring actively "hiding" themselves).

---Mal/Ehran

I'm rather undisciplined, and havn't really tinkered with what I am able to do, but I can do this. I think sometimes I'm wrong, but maybe it's that it fades.

Words to live by. . ."Love all, trust a few, do harm to none." -- William Shakespeare
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zero wrote:
I have met a lot of vamps now, and only a very few have ever been recognizable to me through their energy. I have had the "radar" experience three times with strangers, once was in traffic, so no contact. The other two times were fairly hostile, as I think the others were hunting at the time. The one in Atlanta that one time, he grabbed his little muggle girl-thing and booked, and the other gave me nasty "this is my territory" looks at a silly club in Boston. I gave him a nod that I hoped said, "it's all yours, buddy - have fun with the junior goth scouts while I go somewhere there's grownups." Dude played too much freaking "vampire: the masquerade" or something. Dunno if he expected me to run away or what, but he seemed irked that I didn't vacate "his" club. Well, not immediately anyway. There's only so much of Manray you can take.

But I digress. Yes, the "radar" does not go off for every vamp, and they don't always see me, either. It's probably different at different times, too.

weres have talked a bit about this, too:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&as_qdr=all&q=weredar&btnG=Search

Yes, I would say that most of these feelings for me are hostile. Like I am not wanted here. Thanks for this post.

Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fairly energy sensative, so I pick up on random signatures and energy patterns at clubs, like what Zero described as well as other times. As you probably know, most of us shield like I don't know what, but in clubs, once we get to drinking etc, we sometimes ease up. So, occasionally I'll pick up on someone's vampyness and hand them an AVA business card. I've been coined the "AVA Jehovah Witness" for that. Kinda hilarious, but honestly I don't know whether to be offended or not about that.

When I first moved to Atlanta, before I met any of the vamps of Atlanta, I was a little intimidated by all the VampDar going on here. It's alot, and if you aren't used to it and you do feel it, like if it's a night when there are a lot of us congregated in one spot and you are near, you'll know. But to me at first, yeah I was like, "what the hell?" But then there are a lot of us here.
nightchild

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With some you will be able to feel it but there are those whom can hide it verywell. But sometimes a radar goes of or you just know just by looking at them. It's like a feeling of beeing invaded the strangest thing is when you're in your room feeling something watching or a presence is near.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> General Vampire Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: